KTM/Husqvarna... now how will this play out?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Farmer John, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    interesting news. i'm not in freak-out mode yet, guess it's the thick skin, i'm a Buell fanatic :D

i'll wait to hear confirmations and plans for the future before getting too riled up. in the meantime, i'll continue to enjoy my WR and TC.

fingers x'd this deal (if there is one) brings progress.
  2. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

PDS= Poorly designed suspension
    water racer likes this.
  3. dan s Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 wr 250 A-Class
    This just in from trail rider magazine Facebook page cross industries which owns 51% of KTM bought husqvarna not KTM
  4. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Not unless they had one stop shop for parts....now 3 differnt....trials...older...and newer....unsat setup for anyone
    Kevin_TE250 likes this.
  5. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

this is more or less the same.

r
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    The previous owner did sort of say a new Husky 2t was in the future ...
  7. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    An Honest view of the whole business. After many changes in ownership and yrs. with the brand i'm on to other brands. Sherco and or Gas Gas. The little factory's with passion deserve a loyal following, KTM and BMW will live on with out my scoots......i hope.
    McKay likes this.
  8. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Our friend and family lawyer works for some Chinese interests. They want to buy stuff here in the US but have trouble getting past the discussion. India does seem a little more like the US, with Bollywood and all.
  9. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    I'd say those 2 things are pretty big. Nobody else was stepping up to the plate to keep them from going bankrupt. They also continued development and release of the x-lite motor. And although not my cup of tea, they did expand the model line in a bad economy.
  10. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    I had heard that the most likely scenario was for BMW to increase the value of Husky and then sell. Whether they did and whether they are profiting I don't really know. It was a little chaotic the way they handled the dealer relationships but I suppose increasing the units sold was a major goal.
  11. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I doubt seriously they will continue with BMW's pricing and Husqvarna products will follow a KTM/Husaberg pricing trend. This is not necessarily a bad thing, might make the resale of our machines go up a little.
  12. dan s Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 wr 250 A-Class
    This I know may be jumping the gun a little but do you think they can stop the contingency money for the people who collect the husky bucks? this is my biggest concern
  13. bigjon Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1996 WXC410 2000 TE410 2008 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FJR 1300 Polaris 500
    I just got this information posted on Face Book from Cycle News. Wow, I could not believe it. What is next?
  14. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    I don't see that being an issue but there is fine print in the contingency plan that says it's subject to change anyday/anytime through out the calendar year or season. Just keep tabs on the pay-out schedule at the website before making your claim.

Evidently there has already been a change to the Arenacross contingency pay-out schedule from $3500 for a first place finish to a $1,000 for first place which has caused quite a bit of controversy for the guy who bought a TC250 to go race Arenacross based on the pay-out schedule he saw Jan 1st but submitted a claim for a win 2 weeks later only to find the published pay-out had changed.
  15. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Ducs, 14 GG 200, 13 Husa 300
    Ouch, that's a big change.
  16. dan s Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 wr 250 A-Class
    In the ECEA Enduro series they bumped it up this year from $200 to $300 for first place in A-class if you are riding a 2013. I'm looking forward to that.
  17. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    we as riders and owners see things from our side of the equation and have emotional responses
    from a business perspective someone bought an established name complete with a functioning manufacturing facility and a distribution and dealer network
    the distribution is not great but exists so for an investment it makes sense
    BMW bought them in 07 what was their take
    consider that they bought a brand out of a group and as such the group shared technologies (Ducati) , 2008 BMW released a 1000cc hot rod
    2009 it was the bad boy on the block, they sell like crazy and have a strong winning record if BMW bought it for this reason only they did well
    so from a strictly business side the deals seem to make sense, from our side we are getting the can kicked down the road :(
  18. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    Disgusting.
    crille74 and bigjon like this.
  19. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I think it could be great news. Maybe now KTM will learn how to not build their overheating PDS pogo-stick pieces of crap.:banana:
    Lonfish, Phoenix, 454x and 1 other person like this.
  20. ascribner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 SMR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 Daytona 675, 2009 KTM 200SX
    robertaccio likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.