KTM/Husqvarna... now how will this play out?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Farmer John, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firffighter Husqvarna
    AA Class

:D

Maybe I'll stop by tomorrow Bill.
    Lonfish likes this.
  2. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Yes, the Malcolm Smith, still gets around for an old guy haha. His son Alexander looks just like him when he was young, like a clone, amazing. He is a very humble, nice guy who will drop whatever he is doing to help you. They both love Husqvarna, that's something that isn't going to change.
  3. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Hey, I ordered from Bills today! Got myself one of dem shiney gas cap thing a mabobbers! :D
  4. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    After reading 16 pages here and another on a proktm site.. all l can say is that l've never trusted the BMW marriage since day one and this just confirms how quick they are to sell out an acquired brand. Yes yes this happens all the time in the automotive industry but pretty rare in the motorcycle industry - although anything made in italy seems to be acquired pretty quickly (ducati, mv, husky...)

I really hope Stefan Pierer and his company take over Husqvarna for he has a fantastic background in the dirtbike industry and probably the only time in husqvarna's history that an owner from dirtbike roots will once again control this marquee....looks like he has lost control of where KTM/Husaberg are going...why not cross town to the opposition.

PS Stefan: FFS use japanese electronics rather than italian crap!!
    ray_ray likes this.
  5. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    B
    Both involved with the pikes peak hill climb too! I heard he still has a bunch of old huskies (I really mean a lot). It's cool to think that such a legend comes here. I have to make it to the race this year. While I was home on leave I was BSing with an old buddy about husky and he mentioned Delong. Turns out he lived 10 minutes from my mothers. I didn't get to meet him but got an autographed poster!
  6. 310huskyTE Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE 350, 2011 Meo.
    Other Motorcycles:
    67 CR250, 71 400 Cross, 78 CR250
    This thread is slowly running out of puff, i've just been in the garage doing a front and rear tyre change on my KTVARNABERGMW 449 and there's only been 12 posts In an hour and a half!!
    454x, rajobigguy and WoodsChick like this.
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
  8. Grandia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '07 TE610
    That article is the same as posted earlier here. They say it's official, but I haven't seen any confirmation.
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'll be rolling my Husky somewhere and lining up some beer bottle across its seat when its official ...
  10. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Eddie Seel 634SMR works Replica -
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilla Dosodoro 2X 2009 610
    Me tooooooooooooooooooooo :)
  11. Grandia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '07 TE610
    Supposedly Cross Industries will hold a press conference this afternoon.
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sounding good .... I'm gonna go a buy a bottle now ... These INT time lins are still unknown to me at times ...
  13. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Might be good opportunity to buy stock and sit on it for 5 years.
  14. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I was thinking the same thing :)
  15. Grandia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '07 TE610
    What stock?
  16. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    There won't be any. I was just kidding
  17. Grandia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '07 TE610
    Here's the official press release by BMW

Sale of Husqvarna Motorcycles to Pierer Industrie AG

Munich. The BMW Group is realigning its BMW Motorrad business. In the context of changing motorcycle markets, demographic trends and increasing environmental demands, BMW Motorrad will expand its product offering to exploit future growth potential. The focus of the realignment will be on urban mobility and e-mobility. By restructuring the segment, the BMW Group will concentrate on expanding and utilising the resources of the BMW Motorrad brand. Therefore the BMW Group signed a purchase agreement with Pierer Industrie AG (Austria) for the acquisition of Husqvarna Motorcycles. The acquisition will proceed subject to approval by anti-trust authorities. Both companies have agreed not to disclose the purchase price.

Expanded offering for urban mobility and e-mobility

BMW Motorrad achieved a new sales record in 2012. With the realignment of its motorcycle business, BMW Motorrad aims to maintain profitable and sustainable growth over the coming years. Its current core business consists exclusively of premium vehicles in the categories “Tourer”, “Enduro”, “Sport”, “Roadster” and “Maxi-Scooter” from 650 to 1600 cc. BMW Motorrad entered the urban mobility segment for the first time in 2012 with the C 650 GT and C 600 Sport maxi-scooters. The next step in the expansion of the product line-up in this segment will be the series launch of the “C evolution” electric scooter in 2014. Further innovative vehicle concepts are also under consideration. Drive trains will include both environmentally-friendly combustion engines and pure electric drives. This move by BMW Motorrad reflects the BMW Group’s overall focus on early identification of trends, such as megacities and traffic density, as well as environmental issues. Corresponding products and services are already available for the Automobile segment.

Continuation of product offensive

In addition to the expansion in the field of urban mobility, core segments from the 650 single-cylinder entry-level bike to the 6-cylinder luxury tourer will also be selectively expanded.
    rajobigguy and typeone like this.
  18. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    thanks, Grandia... now we need to hear from Pierer Industrie AG :D
  19. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Paul Newman? You better watch it again
    rajobigguy, Dirtdame and Tinken like this.
  20. Grandia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '07 TE610
    I can only find a quote on a Dutch website

(translated)
    Pierer Industrie AG has signed a purchase agreement for the acquisition of 100% of Husqvarna Motorcycles with BMW Group. This acquisition will continue, subject to approval by the Austrian competition authority. Both companies have agreed not to disclose the purchase price. In the coming months, Pierer Industrie AG will assess opportunities for collaboration within the group with KTM / Husaberg.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.