KTM/Husqvarna... now how will this play out?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Farmer John, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    This is also what the gut is saying since there's been discussion about KTM "co-exisiting" and partnering together to "see how it works out",............in other words the whole spin of Pierer's exist strategy is good for the Austrian Anti-trust folks to buy into and approved the deal, after that happens is when we're going to see the real direction in only about 28 more days I'd assume.
  2. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    Are there any later statements from SP that he is definitely selling off his stake in KTM or planning on running both companies.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    corp biz wise i keep hearing/seeing/reading it's not KTM corp (47% India's Bajaj) itself, its KTM CEO Stefan Pierer's own wholly owned corp thats after Husqvarna (is that the same thing?? maybe).
    It just may be a way for leverage to obtain or to get through anti trust legalities, or so Stefan has 100% controlling interest in Husky without bringing Bajaj along for the ride.
  4. GOLIATH526 Husqvarna
    AA Class

As a Canadian dealer we just got the confirmation from BMW Canada.....it is true......
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    corp biz wise i keep hearing/seeing/reading it's not KTM corp (47% India's Bajaj) itself, its KTM CEO Stefan Pierer's own wholly owned corp thats after Husqvarna (is that the same thing?? maybe).
    It just may be a way for leverage to obtain or to get through anti trust legalities, or so Stefan has 100% controlling interest in Husky without bringing Bajaj along for the ride.
  6. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Personally, I´m happy that BMW´s gone .... and that Kaytee is NOT the new owner. Can´t do much other than wait´n see. Just hope that it´ll mean the end of those otiose `concept´ bikes.
  7. vintageveloce Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250
    When most (all?) of the BMW dealers in the USA didn't get to represent Husqvarna, I thought that was a problem. I really thought they could make for a good full line for may of those dealers. Near me, it seems must of the small Husqvarna shops were pushed away and the local Ducati dealers got Husqvarna. Ana many people perceive BMW and Ducati to be at opposite ends of the motorcycle spectrum. So I never saw a Husky - BMW synergy.
    I'd worry about a similar issue with KTM and Husky... there doesn't seem to be much of a brand synergy there to me. They seem more like competitors. So hopefully Pierre will keep them walled off from each other.
  8. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Does this mean KTM's are going to be allowed at Husky gatherings besides the ones that were used for the bonfire?
    WoodsChick, bigjon, Lonfish and 3 others like this.
  9. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    You left out Kymco, which should always be used when referring to the 449/511 engine :)
  10. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    We always allow KTMs at the NW Gathering... the riders of orange machinery are known as 'converts'!
    bigjon and Dirtdame like this.
  11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  12. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    ++2 on Jenna, she is wonderful to work with on contingency, club support and everything else that comes up.
    Nelyon likes this.
  13. SigPig Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 200&690
    Does this mean Husqvarna will get its own X-Bow?
    oregonsage likes this.
  14. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    I dont know about the BMW dealers in your neighborhood, but most of them I have dealt with have no idea how to deal with dirt bike riders, racing, etc. There are exceptions to this, but I think there is a good reason the BMW dealers didnt become Husqvarna dealers.
    Lonfish likes this.
  15. Grandia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '07 TE610
    Not completely correct: Pierer Industries is buying Husqvarna. Pierer Industries also owns 25% of Cross Industries; Pierer Invest owns 50% of Cross Industries.
    So it's really Pierers company now rather than KTMs.

Does not change the rest of your analysis much though :)
  16. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    so if your local Husky dealer IS a BMW dealer... where do you go now?? closest KTM shop?
  17. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Me, I think it is a move to get around the anti trust laws, not here over there.

If you read fine print there is sharing between both companies. Your end result is less costs per units while growing market share and ROI.

How you going to grow it? New markets, more exposure,new models and expanded product line for customer needs.

All in all, think it is a good thing and might just give back to japanese brands what they did years ago.

There is instant growth in just expanding products.
    ray_ray likes this.
  18. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Strangely, there are two Husqvarna dealers in town within a mile of one another. One sells KTM and Husqvarna, the other sells Ducati, MV etc. and Husqvarna, and both those shops are just a stones throw from the BMW shop.
  19. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    the Husky dealer i bought my TC from is long gone... the local shop i grab parts at is a BMW/Ducati/Husky dealer. i'm wondering where i will go now. (even though Hall's is my preferred shop for mail order parts, Jeff K rules)

EDIT: i'm not sweating it, just curious what will happen in my situation. i'll have to give my dealer a ring and see what they say.
  20. Palito Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR300, 1986 430AE Auto
    Other Motorcycles:
    1989 DR600
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.