KTM/Husqvarna... now how will this play out?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Farmer John, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Awesome! Now all you gotta do is fly it through the air in a snazzy set of racing leathers and then post a photo here! :thumbsup:
  2. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Lol check out my last couple pics in "post pics of your 4 strokes". Im almost there!
  3. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Bones, this thread hasn't moved for hours! Do...something...Bones, can you save it?

Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a miracle worker!
    WoodsChick likes this.
  4. Mik-3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husvarna SM510R 2010
    Well, fortunately, can not wait any reforms enduro / cross / supermoto side. Husky focus quite a lot of street side of the BMW-ownedOn the other hand themselves look forward what is goin to gome:D
  5. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    My sentiments are the same, maybe l'm reading too much into it, but he did state that KTM are a global brand and difficult to expand so why not buy a brand with wonderful history, an enduro team (CH Racing) that, with some reliability, can repeat 2011; a Dakar team with, again, reliability can take out 2014; current range of 4T and small bore 2t's that isn't too far off the mark in terms of specs against it's competitors .... fine tune the company and sale's growth is inevitable.
    The only thing l'd wish he would do is added better QC and use japanese electronics for failing fuel pumps and injectors are killing the big bore 4t's in competition.
    Best thing for me is that he is a 2 stroke guy...let's hope the crappy KTM 2t e-starter doesn't come across.
    ray_ray likes this.
  6. Sandgroper Husqvarna
    AA Class

They

I think we all know that any race involves alot more than just having the fastest bike. Dakar has a host of rules longer than your arm that also play an important role in who wins and KTM is the master of playing the game right whether your looking at Erzberg or European beach races, KTM will always have spotters there to help their riders get through the tough stuff. Also when you buy a KTM kitted out rally bike they also give you a free engine.
    In the case of Dakar Husky had a 3rd place in the final stage for Spaniard Joan Barreda taking the team’s tally to twelve podium places. Barreda had four partial stage wins not to mention the 3 privateer Husky teams amazing efforts.
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I have no clue why some many here can not or will not or do not understand or see that when the Husky motorcycle brand is supported by its company as the other brands, its results are just as well in many cases ... Husqvarna bikes only need top riders and company support to achieve the top finishing spots ... And that ship has arrived and is named Stefan Pierer.
    mnb and Blazes like this.
  8. TRIPLE-M Husqvarna
    AA Class

Does anyone of you see this as a lose for consumers? I mean, in future, we'll have a single company owning 3 major brands, having the major market share, with no real competitor to push them. That scenario is never good for consumers, and we lose out.
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Hard to say at this point ... And again, these 3 brands are not tied with an umbilical cord as of yet ... Huskies will still be Huskies for a few yrs at least I guess... After that, It's anyone's guess...

From a USA prospective, how great has it been with only 4 bikes racing in the states the last 30 yrs? These guys might be aligning for a big push on the japan island bikes ...
  10. lookin4trails Husqvarna
    A Class

....there was a time when eight different brands made sense....

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_Dpxls8138
  11. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts

First off we have to decide what a consumer is. An awful lot of folks deal their new bike off in two years or so.

I think time marches on, the invention of the computer and electronicly controlled robot type things has shaped history/prosperity probably more than which political party was in charge. Metalurgy, manufacturing techniques etc will contiue on.

I don't see this really effecting the suspention which is a big piece of actually going for a ride. Yamaha still is in Ohlins aren't they?

If they build a big enough market and ossa, tm, beta gas gas, and the japs fade into less importance couldn't can am with it's huge parent company sprout another seedling?

fran
    ray_ray likes this.
  12. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

I can just see all the crying when the die hard Husky guys are paying $11000 for a 250 two stroke and can't get shit for them 2 years later. Husky for me was always the best bang for my buck, I think that is going to change.
    Huskynoobee, Gotlabs and WoodsChick like this.
  13. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I really hope you aren't right, but I fear that you are...
  14. 310huskyTE Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE 350, 2011 Meo.
    Other Motorcycles:
    67 CR250, 71 400 Cross, 78 CR250
    T
    That happens here now, a brand new wr250 is about $9800. If you ride it for 2/3 years and then move it on, if you sell it privately after a buyer has knocked your price down a bit your looking at selling it for about $5000. If you trade it in at the dealers for a new model you'd probably get $3500 to $4000 for it. All the deals that Husqvarna has on them and the run out deals and old stock on dealers floors doesn't do much for the resale value of your 2/3 year old bike.
    ohmygewd likes this.
  15. eastrider Husqvarna
    A Class

you think that a price drop took the te 449 to the local bmw dealer for trade the offer 1500$ real joke
  16. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Right. But the bike that is $9800 now is probably going to be $11000 next year.

I know all about crappy resale value. I bought my first GasGas over 10 years ago and it's almost impossible to give them away used.
  17. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Didn't SP say that Husky will be competing with the Japanese bikes? I am keeping the faith that is in regards to the price point. I am also keeping the faith with with Husky Relic/SH said, that this sale is a good thing for Husky with good things to come. I am thankful Husqvarna has not ran it's last race. It is still alive to win another day. :applause:
    ray_ray likes this.
  18. 310huskyTE Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE 350, 2011 Meo.
    Other Motorcycles:
    67 CR250, 71 400 Cross, 78 CR250
    The person in the BMW dealer probably didn't even know what it was!! :lol:
  19. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    SOLD my last new wr250 and no 250s or 300s of any year left in Husky inventory ;sad end of erafor my favoite bike.Used value should go up now.
  20. eastrider Husqvarna
    A Class

it was the manager and he told me ,he said that there was no shop around to service them, what a dumb ass, I buy 1/2 of my part there hope the local ktm dealer will have part for husky pretty soon
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.