KTM/Husqvarna... now how will this play out?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Farmer John, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    There goes my plot to add a 2-stroke to the fleet.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Let me know if you see another :) ... I rode that 08 WR250 (the one you sold me) ~15-20 miles through the woods and mountains here last week, turned the bike over to a friend and rider here ... He then raced the bike on a small funky MX track (with a few jumps) built on a steep mountain slope that got supper muddy, finished very well, then I got back on the bike and went back home the long way ... That's riding a Husky ...

--

I just bought that 2t bike over a 4t for reasons unknown ... I had no problems with the 4 bangers but but but ...
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I don't think this will happen. You can't compete with Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki as the new boss said Huskys will if you are priced way higher than them. I think Husky will contine you to be the "best bang for your money" Bike made.
  4. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Sure hope so, everything that company has touched thus far has been homologated, and price inflated
    WoodsChick and Gotlabs like this.
  5. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I remember a couple of weeks ago you saying that stocks were very low. You know, it's possible that we will never see a new WR250-300 as we have known them for so long.:eek:
    And you always said you wanted to save a new WR250 for posterity.... Maybe one will turn up-:)
  6. Indorider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha TZM, Suzuki RGR (2 smokers)
    I could care less as long as I can get parts. I think they've been on the right track to bring up the name to its former glory. Just hope it doesn't derail now.
  7. MikeB Husqvarna
    AA Class

There's nothing quite so constant as change ... and in total this change will almost certainly "save" Husqvarna. I hadn't really stopped to think how close to disaster the brand was with BMW ... just kept looking on the bright side. Although I ride a x-lite I am very happy that SP is in charge since his track record seems to indicate that he loves 2 stroke dirt bikes.
    I would not be surprised if this superb forum and its members had something to do with making the decision easy for SP.
  8. Captnemo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300 ('15), TX300 ('19), TX300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    ATK406 ('94 XC),
    There shows to be 20 wr300s for sale (in stock) at Buana Motors in indonesia. :thumbsup:
    > 5679.20 USD, +185 Bucks (boat ride) to the states.

www.buanamotor.com
    Jl Raden Patah 72B
    Kepulauan Riau
    29432 BATAM
    Indonesia
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    They had better lower them as they are too too tall for the average person in that part of the world ... Maybe they have a good deal for a Philippines rider?

The WR125 with 14" rims would rule here if the price was right ... These guys are moving towards 4t china bikes in the 1,200$ range ...
    Blazes likes this.
  10. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I wish people would do that here. I might actually win a race some day lol
    Big and Husky and allphazes like this.
  11. Captnemo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300 ('15), TX300 ('19), TX300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    ATK406 ('94 XC),
    I would check out - you can lower them easy enough. Also a good price in USDs. They will be rare breeds in the future. I'm thinking about buying one in the crate and to give myself for Christmas future!
  12. huskyduck Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    9 Huskys
    Just picked up a new 12' WR 250 from Bobby here in Atl yesterday.

Sooo glad I did !!!
    bigjon likes this.
  13. Grandia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '07 TE610
    That is true. Pierer always mentions the VW-company is his reasons for the purchase. Other than VW and Audi, that company also runs the Skoda and Seat brands (probably not in the US). Seat is priced slightly below VW and uses it's design to differentiate from the VWs. Skoda is the budget brand, using similar components as VW but with cheap details and finishing.

I can only pray that Husky is not going to be the Skoda in the KTM-stable.

On the upside, VW also owns Porsche, Lamborghini, Bugatti and Bentley ;)
    HuskyDude likes this.
  14. Indorider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha TZM, Suzuki RGR (2 smokers)
    If they're in Riau they're probably hot. Number one spot for hot bikes in Indo...
  15. Sandgroper Husqvarna
    AA Class

if KTM has any idea they will realise that red and white has more potential than a wrung out moldy old orange.
    organ donor likes this.
  16. MikeB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just looking at a TC449 this weekend and wondering: Who gets the BMW/Kymco engine? Could we see a Kymco 449 - dirt, street, or scooter? Who gets the coaxial drive? Is there a market for it offroad with the linkage on top and out of the way along with the reported improved traction it provides?
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

BMW owns the CTS patent and we will probably never see that again. Sad as I like it and thought it would be really cool on an off road 2 stroke.
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    What Scott (Relic) said is pretty much the info I am clinging to / hoping for. First off he worked at high levels at KTM and then at husky BMW so knows more than most. Second I want what he said to come true so it must. I am thinking this will be a good thing. Time will tell.
  19. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Eddie Seel 634SMR works Replica -
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilla Dosodoro 2X 2009 610
    I trust ALL things will be revealed shortly and that they will be to the --Benifit of Husqvarna and all who have been die hards through the ups and downs that the Brand has endure the last couple of years--
    Kevin_TE250 likes this.
  20. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

From MXA:

KTM'S OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
    "The new Pierer Industrie AG company has taken over in full Husqvarna Motorcycles (Husqvarna Italy and Husqvarna US) from the BMW Group. A relaunch of the Husqvarna brand, with new product range, is planned for the international motorcycle exhibition at EICMA 2013."

IMHO -- this is great news and some of what we are looking for. The downside, IMHO, is that the bikes won't be in showrooms by then. Lat arriving bikes again....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.