KTM/Husqvarna... now how will this play out?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Farmer John, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

It was probably Bajajs money that paid for it. :) Again, I think SP bought it personally to get around anti-trust laws.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Good. That and the other Scotts input seems positive for the brand. I hope he is all in and just makes the brand great again. Win / win.
  3. Captnemo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300 ('15), TX300 ('19), TX300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    ATK406 ('94 XC),
    Why didn't Bajajs just buy it for themselves - no anti-trust issue there. From what I hear, SP wanted complete control of this enterprise. The Indians are just using it for marketing reasons because of the "loose" relationship.
    ray_ray likes this.
  4. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310
  5. 4eyes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha R5
    The TE449/511 is on the 2013 lineup, so do you think they will be available for the rest of the year?:excuseme:
    I had a test ride on a TE449 last fall, but can't buy one just yet ($). That bike fit like it was made custom to fit my wants (except for a higher 5th and 6th). ;)
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Call some of the good dealers and ask? Everything seems up in the air. The 449/511 was said to be dead anyway which sucks cuz I really like this platform. Good news is I have one and will just keep riding the red headed bastard step child that it is.

As for the gears I got the 511 and eared it up slightly and it does everything I need. Single track to fast road.
  7. Planepower Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TC 250/ 450 6spd, 2007 SMR 530
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducat 1198S, SV1000, CBR125, DRZ125
    Thanks for the reply on that. I kind of feared it would signal the end of the Nuda development. Explains why BMW didn't go through the NA approval process. Too bad, it really intrigued me. It will be interesting to see what happens with the TR as it looks more like a BMW than the Nuda (the Nuda was too bad A$$ for Beemer).
  8. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    Maybe they'll bring it, we can hope at least. But SP made the statement that Husky dealers weren't ready to sell two cylinder street bikes.
  9. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    Agreed. BMW isn't selling many F800R's, and for good reason, the Nuda R blows it out of the water. Jason and Derek said at the NW Gathering that *if* the Nuda came to the states, it would be like a V-Strom (what they didn't say was "so that it won't compete here with the BMW"). Want the roadster version, buy the arm-numbing, underpowered, ill-handling F800R.
  10. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    What's the chances the new Husky heavy weight will have PDS suspension?
    Our 449's are BMW Tech and you know that didn't transfer in the deal.
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    In case you missed it, with all the other posts, I'm fairly sure there is just under 2% BMW financing until the end of February through bmw on everything except TR650s (I believe 5.99% for those).

Personally I've no idea what the future will bring or how well they will be supported, but I do know if any group of people can solve a problem it will be the members of cafe husky.
    4eyes, WoodsChick, 454x and 4 others like this.
  12. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    Same here, otherwise there wouldn't be a mad scramble behind the scenes at KTM ramping up to take over distribution as fast as possible. If Pierer wanted it for himself why put the fox in the hen house to keep it safe???
  13. dave lindsey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XCW/2012 CRF230F
    Here r the numbers: http://heroesridehuskys.com/pages/13promo.html
  14. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Agreed.
    oregonsage likes this.
  15. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
  16. bearorso Husqvarna
    AA Class

Read this:

"Initially, Husqvarna was bought by my private company, Pierer Industry, but in the future this may change and possibly involve our Indian partner Bajaj.”

It's a line taken from this interview:

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2013/02/stefan-pierer-on-purchasing-husqvarna/

Now, I'd Love to see Pierer do Husky as his Own company - his own personal project.

But, I have had my suspicions that he may just be an initial front for Bajaj.

That line from the interview, makes me think my suspicions are very much on the mark.

Let's hope Pierer , or Bajaj, do good things with the Husky brand.
  17. Puckerbush Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '79 390 CR and '08 TE510
    I don't know if anyone noticed, but KTM dominated the Dakar this year. It wasn't until the race was over that I discovered KTM had 69 bikes that contested the race compared to Husqvarna's 10. It would have been interesting if the field were level, how many Huskys would have been in the top ten.
  18. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  20. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

"Thus Bajaj-KTM will offer three alternative in the 200cc segment – Pulsar 200 NS at the entry level, Duke 200 in the middle and the Husqvarna 200cc bike at the high end. "

Are you guys reading the same thing I am [see quote above from the article]? I read it just the opposite -- that Husky is more of a premium brand. :excuseme:

Although I must admit -- I could care less about the street bike component of either KTM or Husky.
    oregonsage and Dirtdame like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.