KTM/Husqvarna... now how will this play out?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Farmer John, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Junior Bikes and Quads are something that could be a big boost to Husqvarna dealers.
  2. mikenpalsie Husqvarna
    AA Class

herd from a reliable source that bajaj/ktm is buying mv agusta next month also.... things that make ya go hmmmm.
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I think your source has it a little jumbled.... MV Agusta tried to buy Husky back, but couldn't raise the money. I think Pierer AG is selling the new Factory back to MV Agusta. They may keep the new Design Centre in Italy (Like Husaberg Engineering in Sweden), but production is going to Mattighofen and India for sure.
    KLOC likes this.
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Is Pierer AG that much a larger CORP than MV Agusta that its pockets run much deeper?
  5. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    You bet they are!
  6. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Norman, my friend, you are so right

[IMG]
  7. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Good to hear ....
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    On the morning of Monday, February 4 there will be a meeting between FIM and territorial FIOM and the RSU in which you decide on any action to be put in and then a meeting will be conducted with all employees.

This all hands meeting will be the 'heaven or hell' meeting depending on if you wanna keep your job or not ...
  10. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ray, I don't really know, but preception is everything..... Everything Stefan Pierer has touched for 20 years, since the KTM bankruptcy, has turned to gold in peoples eyes. I'm not sure it's been all perfect, but I'm not a business analyst. The short lived partnership with Polaris and present one with Bajaj, indicate to me that KTM isn't as solvent as people think. MV Agusta/Cagiva's perception has always been cash strapped and shopping for a partner or selling important assets to raise cash.... Ducati in the 1990's and Husky in the 2000's. Claudio's son doesn't have quite the charisma his dad had working deals to keep the lights on. I also think the sale has a cultural element to it.... easier for BMW to sell to its Teutonic competitor in product realignment, than sell it back to the Italians in defeat.
  11. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    There's a little humor in that last line :) ... And I'm not quite sure what you call a company who sells the building out from under the employees in stealth mode ...certainly not endearing ...

--
    I was just glad to hear Pierer AG has the pockets to put Husky in and even keep there a while while perception turns to gold :) ...

--

What has happened to Pierer AG shares of ktm?
  12. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    According to my calendar, it is now the 9th of Feb 2013...
  13. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    So what was the out come?
  14. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    What has happened to Pierer AG shares of ktm?

Pretty sure he still owns them.... I think the scenario of SP selling KTM majority to the Indians and moving on to a new challenge at Husky, is pure fantasy on the part of Husky Faithful (Myself included). Husky is just a new challenge and piece of the Greater Empire and Motorcycle Hegemony.
    oregonsage, ScottyR and Coffee like this.
  15. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    As far as I can tell.... no substantive meeting between the Factory management/workers and SP AG. Probably won't do anything until 2/28, as with Husky USA.
  16. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I always have to sleep on all this before I get the fuzzy pic in my head , slightly less fuzzy ... Thanks for the update ...
  17. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I've no idea.

When the Cagiva->bmw transition took place there was all sorts of 'excitement' and speculation. Much time was spent by myself trying to sort the chafe from reality.

This time I am taking a wait & see attitude. Soon enough there will be official news, though it is difficult waiting on it.

In retrospect it might be possible that I may have been one of the few people that had a clue what was going on. The cafehusky server started having issues much earlier in the year (long before the Terra was discussed) because of an inordinent (sp?) amount of traffic. Thought it was search engines (nope), more members (not really), someone trying to break in (nope), just a bunch of humans visiting. I could *not* figure out why though - so now we all know.
    ray_ray likes this.
  18. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:

Sounds like just drink coffee at your desk days till further notice ... :)
  19. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    This one blew me out of the water ... The 125cc race at GH I thought was a true indicator of the right direction ..but ..but ...but ... BOOM~
  20. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    I think you are right, but at least we can feel comfort that Husqvarna will live on for a while longer. I think the big picture is dirt bikes are going to be a small difficult market in the future. The writing is on the wall, with increasing fuel costs and developing nations, the future for the manufactures is mopeds,scooters, and small displacement street bikes. And even at that, the established builders will have to fight off the Chinese, Indians, Koreans, ect.
    KTM is trying to capture as much of the recreational off road market as possible to insure it will survive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.