KTM/Husqvarna... now how will this play out?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Farmer John, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I'm only here for the free beer :cheers:
    rajobigguy and Motosportz like this.
  2. jcg61 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM300, 1972 Rickman 125,78 YZ125
    So
    Sorry guys...........but what is TT ?
    Motosportz and fasteer like this.
  3. rajobigguy Administrator

I'm afraid there has been a misunderstanding. That beer is not actually free, we have just been running a tab for you. At this point you owe us $837,056.34:lol:
    MotoMarc36, AndrewS, Tinken and 3 others like this.
  4. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Thumper Talk
  5. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

PROUD TO BE AN EAST COAST GUY!
  6. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

LOL on Above
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    you should be and thanks for your service to this fine country. :cheers:
    Ruffus and Coffee like this.
  8. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Pouder still to be an East Coast Husqvarna Guy! edit....not so poud of my spellink
    chuckc4 likes this.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I am pouder of you too :D
  10. smadams68 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Being that we are getting off course here I will jump. I have three old huskies, just to admire. Currently ride KTM 250 awesome bike. But I just cant get away from my dads old 250xc i used to ride as well as my love for husqvarna motorcycles. Whether it be rebuilding ol' huskies or just internet snooping, I really appreciate Cafe Husky and the people here. Hell, I cant even remember my ktm talk log-in. I'm gonna get me a new 250wr one of these days, I can taste it. Lets all keep our fingers crossed on the future, but as most of us have endured, business is brutal and heartless. Scott
    everfree likes this.
  11. 310huskyTE Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE 350, 2011 Meo.
    Other Motorcycles:
    67 CR250, 71 400 Cross, 78 CR250
    Free Beer ! How come i'm only finding out about this Free Beer now???? :mad:
  12. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    There is a lot of husky bagging on DBW. ( dirt bike world) but I'm not sure who did this but it's cool
    image.jpg
    Happy valentines day Husky
  13. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    I think the guy you are talking about is an excommunicated member of Cafe Husky. If I recall he was pretty tough on some of our esteemed bretheren like George and Coffee. He is/was quite connected but turned on us about 4/5 years back
  14. 310huskyTE Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE 350, 2011 Meo.
    Other Motorcycles:
    67 CR250, 71 400 Cross, 78 CR250
    Do not even give that rubbish on DBW acknowledgement here, why give oxygen to the crap that's on that site, maybe post it on TT but not here.
  15. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    who you talkin bout willis? name em!
  16. endurokids Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    250WRX, CR167, 83 430WR, TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    75 Guzzi 850T
    I went to the Chicago International M/C Show and was disappointed to not see any Husqvarna display.
    BMW and KTM were there. I looked at the 250 two stroke from KTM and I have to admit, I felt dirty doing it. :naughty:
    Lonfish likes this.
  17. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Probably won't see Husqvarna in many M/C shows until the whole ownership is fully settled and all the issues with BMW/Husqvarna dealers in all countries....EIMCA is what SP is quoted on releasing the new 2013-14 line up.
  18. rxcrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    None

Remembering your log-ins is easier when they are all the same. Every motorcycle forum I'm on has a lot of good folks. The bigger the sites get, the more likely you are to run into a bum or a koolaid drinker. Despite that, I've found good helpful members at every site I'm on and have picked up riding buddies from a couple sites. I haven't been on here long enough to meet any of you face to face that I know of, but I'm sure I'll enjoy riding with a few of you eventually. I started off at KTMTalk in the LC4 forum where it felt like a small family - kind of like here. Hopefully that feel can be retained regardless of how many members are added.

I don't know what will happen to Husqvarna through this acquisition, but I hope the bikes retain some design independence from KTM, even if manufacturing merges and some components become commonized, it will be better for all of us if there is some level of competition between KTM, Husaberg & Husqvarna. My biggest fear is that if Cross AG becomes the enduro monopoly, there will be no real incentive for development other than meeting government regulations and R&D will spend its time working on projects for MX, street and emerging markets. I have no problems with KTM and love the ones I've had, but I don't want to see them being the only player. I'm convinced that if BMW / Husqvarna had actually pushed development of a DI two stroke that KTM would have one in the market by now. I don't really care what color it, I just want to see this bike make it to production: http://www.cycleworld.com/2012/08/13/two-stroke-resurrection/
  19. Chaz955i Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1982 125xc
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 Triumph Speed Triple
    Husky was at the Cleveland show right next to BMW. This was about a week or two before the news came out. Sure the deal was in the works at the time.
  20. proeasy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE-630, TE-510
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1100 RT, XR-400R
    I read somewhere the Husky bikes for the Motor Cycle Shows burned in truck fire just prior to the Novi, MI show.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.