KTM/Husqvarna... now how will this play out?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Farmer John, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    That's at least a 100% better starting point for the 450 racers than the previous owner ever did for racing this size machine ...

EDIT: Other than letting the SM guys win one more championship before stopping that parade ..
  2. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
  3. Captnemo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300 ('15), TX300 ('19), TX300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    ATK406 ('94 XC),

Another Gilded Cynic - :confused:
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Nice article and the person writing it understands that bajaj is the major player here ... Husky's future looks good to me here at this time as I have saw nothing but crying and whining that points to pinkim smearing on the Husqvarna brand ... There will be some cross breeding here but nothing like is being boo-oohed about at this opening stage ... Its Husky that has the potential for growth here ...

SP (Not ktm -- not bajaj -- Because they do not own the Husqvarna Company) says he gonna make a 450 racer ... <-- Read that again ... --> A 450 dirt bike racer ... Makes bmw pathetic ownership time look like a little school boy that had no clue or plan on what to do with a dirt bike company. They actually did about 180 degrees opposite of building a 450 racer ...

--

Here is your daily pimkin reality check.

In fact, the ball has also begun rolling with the KTM Duke 200 and the Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS both sharing many engine parts. Also, both domestic and export versions of the Pulsar 200 NS and the Duke 200 are built at Bajaj Auto’s Chakan plant in India. In the next 12 months, a similar story will play out with the KTM Duke 390 and the Bajaj Pulsar 375, motorcycles that share plenty of parts.

5. 7point62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Kawasaki TR250
    I can't help feeling that the whole industry needs to consider whether 450 racers are even that relevent any more. Motocross isn't F1 - not in terms of tech at - all - costs, not in terms of media exposure and certainly not in terms of prize money. Sure, everybody wants a four - fiddy, but the number of people who actually buy a new one every year won't make any volume manufacturer rich, or even gain them much publicity. Pierer may as well sell Varese and set up a production line in his summer house. The bikes may steal a few sales from other Euro manufacturers (including KTM), but I don't see that racers who traditionally buy Japanese will be convinced.

All of this assumes that everything that has been said about "taking Husky back to it's roots" isn't just b.s.
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    The bean counters will tell ya if a 450 is relevant or not ... :)
  7. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    What's the date of the "approval" supposed to be? I'm itchin' for a press release from the new owner(s). March 2nd?
  8. racer726 Husqvarna
    AA Class

That's why I ride a 2000 RM 125 and am building a 1999 Husky WB 165. I'll have two bikes for around $5,000 total investment. I could build another one and still be under the price of a new 450. Just love my old 2 strokes.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    yep, my $900 craigslist special that is now decked out and near perfect for my needs and just over 2K invested. One of the best woods bikes I have ever had.

[IMG]
    kumz, huskyduck, fletchman45 and 2 others like this.
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well this site is made up of mostly woods riders so I can see where we may think a new competive 450 is not a big deal but I think thats mostly due to the fact Husky doesn't have a competive 450MX bike and many of us have no need for one. I'm in a small trail/mx club in VA with about 50-60 members. Most of the members have 450MX bikes and get one every year or two. Small numbers yes but I think the 450Mx bikes are the flagship for a bike company that wants sell MX bikes. If the new owner is serious about getting into MX he needs to build and sell 450MX bikes that can not only compete with but beat the Jap bikes. Can Husky or should Husky do it.....I think so. Having the baddest 450 MX bike makes the rest of the line up look bad too. Bad in a good way :D. I just want Husky to step up their 250/450 mx bikes and their 200/250/300 2-strokes. BTW leave the 125/144 alone with the exception of their carbs.
    ray_ray and Motosportz like this.
  11. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 SH 500, 81 Gilera 125 C1, 17 KTM
    as long as the 450 is the premier bike here and abroad, it will be a necessity if the mission is to be accomplished per interpreted words of the new owner. MX/SX still rules the world publicity wise in dirt bikes and the buying public often wants what the pro's have to live out there fantasies on weekends... I am reserving judgement until something official comes out....
    john01 and ray_ray like this.
  12. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

However you want to look at it. We all are entitled to our opinions and sometimes the truth hurts. None of this would even be possible if things were done ALOT different............... Yes we will see where all this goes and I hope for Husqvarna in the right direction.......... The fact I hate KTM will never change. And that for sure is a fact and my right EOD..................
    organ donor and bud7041 like this.
  13. Captnemo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300 ('15), TX300 ('19), TX300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    ATK406 ('94 XC),
    Nothing personal - I meant it the same way you did - and actually agree with you.
  14. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Eddie Seel 634SMR works Replica -
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilla Dosodoro 2X 2009 610
    Lost amongst the Pumpkin's :confused:

Uz9nc.jpg
    kumz, fletchman45, smadams68 and 8 others like this.
  15. rxcrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    Without trying to start a fight, may I ask why you hate KTM?
    Coffee likes this.
  16. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I love my KTM just as I love my Husky..... But hey, I like motorcycle & have never seen one I didn't like. But you know what they say about opinions & assholes.
    erigre and Motosportz like this.
  17. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    Every-one has one and some stink!:lol:
    fletchman45 and BadMotoWeazal like this.
  18. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

No ... it´s no use asking. I just do. Always have done. And most likely always will. Everything they do or make is just WRONG (that dicky, useless little Crossbow, their leccy bike, all those bikes that aren´t moto, aren´t cross, aren´t enduro. And certainly aren´t reliable). And then, I don´t like the colour either.
    fletchman45 and Clete like this.
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I like KTM just fine, think they are great bikes except the PDS which they are finally changing. I rode a KTM 350 with a linkage and guess what, works great. BUT, i want a husky not a re-badged KTM so time will tell if i stick with the brand or not. In this global world i try not to get to wrapped up and who owns what, it is all made somewhere else now.
  20. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hey, I'm just saying...... I would not let someone just bash the heck out of a Husqvarna without defending it a little bit. These days there are a lot of great motorcycles out there, I think a lot of what people don't like about this bike or that bike has to do with setup.
    I'm not crazy about the orange color either, but I do like white.
    The PDS takes some time to get used to, the Factory Connection setup makes mine great for Hare Scrambles & Enduros.
    And finally, I hope HVA gets to keep its Identity, it has such a great history in the sport & it would be a shame to see all of that get tossed to the wayside.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.