KTM/Husqvarna... now how will this play out?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Farmer John, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Well I have not liked it in 10 years and they are changing back to linkage because it works better. I have ridden both the PDS and linkage KTM 350's and found the linkage version MUCH more to my liking and seemed much more settled in and predictable. I understand PDS is ridden and winning at the highest levels, still don't care for it.
    boisedave and rajobigguy like this.
  2. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Some members need to rearch out and call the help hotline: 1-800-STOP-DA-H8.

From what I recall reading SP said Husky and Husaberg would be sharing, not KTM. Isn't Husaberg R&D HQ still in Sweden? This could very well be the best purist outcome us Husky owners could hope for. Having the brains behind the build being Swedish again. I know currently the Berg's are basically just blue KTM's, but remember back to the last gen. Berg 4T's. People loved the motor, espically the 390. The engine components were KTM parts, but the design was Husaberg/Swede, right? Things look and sound good for Husqvarna in my opinion.

I am happy Husqvarna has an owner that loves dirt. The last guys made some good bikes, (Love mine!) but seemed confused with their direction. I have been wishing I could afford a x-lite TE 310, but with rumor of a x-lite big bore...OMG! That would be the next bike for me. :notworthy:
    Ruffus, john01 and Motosportz like this.
  3. SHY UK Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes please
  4. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    "bandwidth cat" says: 56 pages of speculation fear and hate....muwahahaha, muwahahahaha:
    cat-evil-plan.jpg
    Ruffus, Dirtdame and rajobigguy like this.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    No that would be the two people left at thumpertalk, were having an adult conversation here. :cheers:
  6. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    good one hahaha. :lol:

jes tryin ta lighten the load a bit here wif some tongue in cheek there cupcake braaaaaaap, barooooop, mreeeeeep! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :p
    rajobigguy likes this.
  7. Planepower Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TC 250/ 450 6spd, 2007 SMR 530
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducat 1198S, SV1000, CBR125, DRZ125
    Nice looking bike Kelly!!
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Thanks, sold my much loved 09 WR165 in a time of weakness when I needed parts money and kicked myself ever since. A while later found this 04 CR125 and have been making it exactly what i wanted slowly. I like the 2000-04 ergonomics and CR motor so i knew it was a good platform to start with.
  9. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Just want to let you all know I won all shares in Husqvarna from SP in a a game of baccarat in Monaco last night. He had a 8 and thought he had me but I had a 9 and you can't beat that (if you are a true player and know the game).

Wondering what to do now?

Was thinking George Erl for marketing president and Kelly for aftersales and lead product tester with Wallybean as R&D.
    rasputin, john01, 454x and 2 others like this.
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    in.
  11. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    Here is an interesting question...
    Let's pretend there were only 2 companies left in powersports. There was KTM which made dirtbikes and there was Husqvarna which made ATVs (quads).

Which one would you buy?

For me, I would buy the KTM and still enjoy my singletrack rides. After a few rides, it would be the best dirtbike that I ever owned (or could own for that matter).

For those that must have that Husqvarna Quad... then I guess that I will just meet up with you at the other end of my 28" wide singletrack trail. I guess your detour down the doubletrack or jeep trail could be called fun too.

Just give me 2 wheels!
  12. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Just a FYI, there were some husqvarna prototype quads back in the 1980s.
  13. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I´d just keep my CCM and my Husky and invest whatever it takes to keep them up to scratch. Never be dependent on a monopoly!
  14. crille74 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna cr 125 2014
    From Enduro Extreme magazine:applause:

HUSAVARNA: Interesting snippet from the Alan Cathcart interview with Stefan Pierer (in Offroad & Adventure SA):

AC: So, you're going back to your roots? (Meaning Husky)
    SP: Yes, that's the strategy, and synergies between Husaberg and Husqv...arna, because we're marrying the two again. They split up 30 years ago and now they're coming back together.

The English isn't perfect but you can understand the gist. SP also hinted at combining distribution networks, so we may see Husabergs being sold by Husky dealers (at least in the short term, says SP).

Good journalism from Alan we must say.Visa fler
  15. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    I expect the Husaberg brand to evaporate under this arrangement.....though there is that nettlesome yard tool branding that distracts from the classic Husqvarna image. The 'roots' are not Husaberg, but Husqvarna.
  16. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

I sort of suspected this could happen -- It would be cool to see I think. Not sure how this would look though.
  17. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Temp. thread diversion...Isn't this the most beautiful bike ever made? SCAN_Sportenduros_03_jpg-V_${15662043}_jpg_1701791.jpg
  18. rajobigguy Administrator

I'm kinda partial to the 2T configuration of that bike but yes she is a stunning looking machine.:thumbsup:
  19. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"

That is cool with a capital K :thumbsup:
  20. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    While it is attractive, the purtiest Huskys have aluminum tanks with shiny spots on the sides. 125s are yellow, 250s red, big bores black or green

[IMG]

a random sample stolen from the internet in case you younguns arent familiar ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.