KTM/Husqvarna... now how will this play out?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Farmer John, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yeah I was going to look at a BMW car this week for my wife.....looks like she will be in a new Ford :D. This really does suck :mad:. I know I won't keep considering the TXC310 so it's either Beta, GG, or Sherco. grrrrrrrrrrr!!!
  2. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

My 300 is working so well now I really do not see any reason to look for a new and improved bike no matter who makes it or what color it is.
    typeone, 454x, Tinken and 5 others like this.
  3. Russ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250i & 701 Enduro, 501 & 630 sold
    It ain't gonna be pretty when Fletch hears the news.:eek:
    erigre likes this.
  4. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Have you seen the new 2013 Taraus it really looks and runs great.Still can not beleive it is a Taraus.Ford the American company that did not need a bail out
    454x, rajobigguy, Ruffus and 2 others like this.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Good attitude and nothing more can be done about it .. just a business decision and it could work out for the best ... ktm could start with paying off all the money Husky kept from its current dealers ... I'd like to see that happen first in this equation ... Even if the brand died, leave the industry on the high road ...

--

I said the same thing when bmw took over ... Just let the Husqvarna people design and build the dirt bikes AND do not lay a heavy hand on them and FORCE them to make a bmw type dirt bike ... ( as was the case with the 449 machines)

If ktm allows something other than a ktm clone with a Husky label Ok ... But that is not gonna happen ... There just is not alot of reason to allow a sub company to compete directly with the parent company ... (IBM did such a thing yrs ago when one division was selling OS/2 machines and other divisions were pushing the windows OS on the ibm machines ... so it does happen and can ) ....

----

I'm a bit embarrassed now on my Huskies ...I hope that feeling passes soon ... I'm certainly glad I don't have to face any pimkin riders and hear their crap first hand ...
    Radbuster likes this.
  6. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes John I 'm a Ford guy and I may end up getting her the SHO. She has the Audi S6 now and for some reason she "thinks" she needs a fast car :lol: .
  7. dan s Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 wr 250 A-Class
    Wasn't there rumors about husky coming out with a fuel injected 2 stroke maybe KTM wants it.
  8. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

The only bright side I can come up with is put the KTM 250/300 motor in a KYB equipped X-light with the great handling and boom you got yourself a new breed of two stroke.
    Norman Foley and 454x like this.
  9. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

How about if you cant beat them buy them
  10. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TXC310, WR300, 85 125WR, 82 175XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
    Sorry, but I think the Husky 250/300 is a better motor, I had both. JMO
    Island Rider and Gotlabs like this.
  11. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

So have I !!
  12. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Gawg Ray- thanks for the additional drama. Really helps things- maybe take a deep breath or two?
    JonXX, 454x and WoodsChick like this.
  13. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Dealers like you and Taskys and Halls are one of the few reasons I have to stay with this brand now ... You guys have always been great to me with support and the bikes you have sold me ...

--

I just told my gf here of the news and she was not worried and kept it in the proper light ... So I feel a little better :)
    Lonfish and WoodsChick like this.
  14. rajobigguy Administrator

Not to side track this important thread but that Taurus SHO is the shizzle. I have a friend that has one and it will spank just about any comparable sedan in the speed dept, outride a mercedes and out handle a BMW and it's still quieter than a top on the line Lexus.:notworthy:
    Steve-oh, john01 and Xcuvator like this.
  15. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    Dont worry boys it may not be the entire story,maybe KTM really themselves have nothing to do with it?
    JonXX and Xcuvator like this.
  16. panhandlebars Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm200sold!klx125&drz 70 kids
    Empire cycle in Spokane,Wa has a '12 cr 125 for $4999!....was thinking about it...get the wb165 kit....hmmm...before ktm goes all corporate on the brand and your buick,olds,pontiac are all powered by chevy...look how that ended...olds and pontiac gone...they cant build the competietive lines to detract from their own sales...thats why they have to build good/better/best by price point...berg being the most$, ktm being the "chevy" and husky being the entry level price point brand...keep the colors, incorporate some of the ktm tech..keep it simple and bullet proof.....i mean really can they sell nudas and terra next to 950/990 maybe?... it fills a gap but is bmw gonna let that fly..giving away the 650 the "klr killer"? that competes with the serato 650..?....husky has a heritage and i will always be brand loyal...but i got more than one brand so ..bmw threw money at it, ktm wont have to they already have so many motors/bikes...i think it will end up ok...but then again i got a pre-ktm husaberg 501..just my luck...i get them and ktm buys the brand...again...
  17. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    I bet every-one on the ktm forums are loving this!:banghead:
  18. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Thanks for the tip on breathing ...

I'm probably one of the very few here that actually live and breath the Husqvarna motorcycle brand and only the Husqvarna brand, on a true dirt bike rider level ... My entire life, till further notice, is riding a dirt bike each day... No real business angle for me other than saying these are one of the best dirt bikes you can ride... Just a true dirt bike rider from the great state of AR where the loam is deep in the SE corner of the state...

I've worked at m$ and intel and it was enlightening to see the inside of a business work and see business decisions made on a product even at the low level I worked at, both good and bad, and it had nothing to do with customers many times or even the product sometimes... Thats all that is happening here and I'm just not a fan of big business ... ... And the beat goes on ...

--

After reflecting on this and remembering seeing the dirt bike sales numbers drop in the bmw yrs ... I have to guess the bmw backlash was too great (as some stated here before) and many dropped the brand due to deep deep deep dislike of bmw ... Myself, now, I'll walk to the other side of the street if I see a bmw parked on my side ... I don't wanna walk up and be tempted to pee on any of those side ways cylinders that look so wrong or into any fenders, front or rear, that are designed to hold mud, water, or piss ...

Maybe, the same ones who dropped the brand due to the bmw ownership might return now ... Its business and we'll have to see how much a$$ smooching ktm does to push the brand or kill it ...

--

It'll also be interesting to see sales numbers, dirt bike sales numbers, under this new ownership ...Maybe the damage bwm has done here can be repaired ...
  19. Russ Henry Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310
    Can you shed some more light on this ? I am not a business expert but it seems to me the only reason to buy them is to get rid of them. Other than being the closest competition. I just don't see any tech advantages that KTM needed ? Hope I am wrong and they treat you with the respect you deserve !
    Xcuvator likes this.
  20. Motoduc84 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1982 250 WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc MTS 620, Yam SR500, Suz RM 125B
    Husqvarna brand is centuries old. Hard to imagine KTM killing it. Look at other acquisitions...not many examples of the buyer pulling the plug on the newly-acquired marque. Husqvarna will survive this...but it is just an odd move. KTM is making inroads into every mc market...what could they possibly want with another brand? Puzzling...
    ray_ray likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.