KTM throws the first punch of 2011.

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Colo moto, May 18, 2010.

1. SightedN2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

confirmed 6 speed on the euro 2 stroke 250/300 EXCs

fastbike.se test rode both yesterday
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

KTM threw the second punch; I think. Didn't Husky throw the first with their new 450? Anyway after my son owning two 08 KTM's I would try before I buy any KTM's.
  3. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
  4. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well it sure looks good and sounds good. I would like to give one a try and wait a year to get the first year bugs out. Thanks for the sharing video.
  5. RedRims Husqvarna
    A Class

I just wanted to elaborate on my earlier post;

I for some reason (lack of attention) thought all the new 2011 KTM models were going to have updated looks/plastics and look like the 350 SXF. The SXF line is beautiful looking. The current line now looks, well....old.

The current Husabergs have some similar looks/plastics (rear fender/side panels) to the EXC's, and so I thought maybe the 2011 Bergs would also look similar to the SXF -all updated, sleek and beautiful looking. I appreciate a great looking bike, what can I say?
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    No problmo on looks ... but I never knew so many were so concerned with the 2lbs of plastic on these 230lbs ++ bikes ... Get the color and shape right or else the motor, suspension, performance, service, parts & reliably are not important ... lol...

I'd say the 450 thing is still just a punch that is still winding up after ~3 or 4 years as a bmw, ~1 year as a husky ... and it still is not n a glossy magazine ad yet ...

This other company here, has bikeS ready sell now ... Are the next years model bikes always ready this early in the year? Have the asian 2011 models come out yet? Husky has got to stop being the last out of the gate with bikes for sell each year ... Tommy Searle is on a linkage-wearing 2011 KTM 250 SX/F for MX outdoors ... read'em and weep

ktm must have many many devoted workers putting their heart, souls, and time into their work .... or else they are paying them all very well ...

PS -- I'm thinking bmw will flood the 012 markets will bikes for husky ... if not, they are just another joke of an owner ...
  7. topari Husqvarna
    AA Class

If the KTM 300 has a 6 speed box, it will cost gasgas and husky sales. How hard would it be for husky to add a 6 speed box ? Features sell, whether the consumer needs them or not :)
    Imagine if husky added a real electric starter to their 250 or 300 ?
  8. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

The 2011 WR250/300 will have a 6 speed gearbox. It may be too little to late with KTM getting a 6 speed and GG getting e-start...
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I don't think so. Lots don't want E-start, especially e-start that works 40% of the time. Many will like the $2000 less than KTM and GG simply don't sell in numbers at least here in the US and are $$ as well. i think those that want a WR250/300 will get one and maybe more so if it has the 6 speed. Some KTM'ers will be converted by price. I don't see much changing. the WR300 sold pretty well last year in-spite of KTM already having a e-start and GG already in the market. The WR250/300 seems like a bike that has no exposure but people love them and people are converted after riding a friends and realizing they are very good bikes that can be had for 2K under the competition.
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The 350SX that was at the Seattle supercross looked very much out horsepowered in the deep sand track and ended up near last. Might have been the rider but it did not show well.
  11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Info, Cairoli basically led wire to wire Moto 1 and 2 at Valkenswaard on his SXF350 in seriously ugly deep whooped Dutch sand. Power to weight ratio and some top tier skill have put this 350 right in the game with the 450s even at the starts.
    With the combination of crmo chassis, great suspension, light weight, and strong usable power, the top tier pros, even in sx should do well with the new sxf.
    PS for us Husky MX/SX fans the same holds true for the TC250 (as discussed with sx team owner) and looks promising for the TC450 as well.
  12. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

What? I didn't know it was there! Who was riding it?

13. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    It wasn't, Kelly is just smoking some crack...

Again. :D

He must be thinking about the lights race...

Well it was there, in the pits but no one was riding it and it had Alessi's number on it.

[IMG]

Later,
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    There was an orange framed bike in the 450 class that looked like the 350. I must have been wrong. Now wheres me crack-o-pipe?
  15. silver_fox Husqvarna
    AA Class

Whoa... that's a hard thing to cough out !

I remember once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Not for me, I'm wrong a lot. Ride fast take chances, safety third. :D
  17. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    KTM 350... yada yada yada... yawn. :p
  18. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    Alessi will run the bike starting in the outdoor series.....
  19. jfoulkrod Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'll keep my Husky.
  20. PJW Husqvarna
    AA Class

The moment the 350 is released there will be a 375 kit made and sold by someone, for those wanting the bike to be more "just right".