1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Lectron Carb

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by braddenning, May 6, 2013.

1. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    You allow a buddy to ride with you on a 250?:D
    454x likes this.
  2. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    im back to my PWK, ill sell this 3hr old Lectron that i paid 330,00 for 250.00 and that's free shipping in the lower 48. If you already have a keihin dont bother it wont make a difference and i wont sell it to you, if your replacing a Mikuni its an improvement ( my experience)
  3. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    How much to ship it to the UK as I need another ????
  4. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    i dont know , ill have to check with the US post office, whats the address there?
  5. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Now you did try to replace a 38mm Mikuni/Keihin with a 36mm Lectron right? Just curious. The reason I ask is a friend replaced his 38mm Keihin on his 250 with a 38mm Lectron and his is vastly improved. It runs seriously good.
  6. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes its a 36, thats what motosportz sent me, maybe ill just contact motorsportz to take it back
  7. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I put a 38 on my 250 and everyday it runs better than the best day the Mikuni ever had and I felt like I had the Mikuni sorted. I still might have a little left in the Lectron but it's so good now I just want to ride it.
  8. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    The 38 may be the ticket but why is motosportz pushing the 36?
  9. K.Forte' Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 125R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Honda CRF 302X
    I think the 36 is for small bore bikes,,the 36 mm is the throat bore a carb tappers down from the inlet ( air filter side) thats how you get the velocity ram air effect,,if you have a 300cc bike you have to match the air flow velocity of the same carb if your upgrading.. An engine lives on breathing you cant choke an engine of air.. No air no power its as simple as that.. :thumbsup:
  10. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Yes and so far the only unhappy customers that I have read about are those who bought 36mm carbs for 250-300 bikes.
  11. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have a 36 Lectron on my 250 and it rips , way more power than a 39 Keihin , the carb is not the problem
    Motosportz and 454x like this.
  12. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    The 36mm Lectron on my 250 works great. I thought the 36mm lectron flowed as much as a 38 mik or kie anyway?
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I just looked through my PMs and Emails. You ordered a 36mm I sent it. We had no other communications i can find. I did not "push" anything. Many KTM and GG 250/300 come with 36's and many happy customers with it. If you had you carb 100% dialed there's not much reason to buy another carb. Many people extremely happy with it over the TMX or PWK. I suggest you tune it a little and see. Sorry you do not think it is an improvement.

I think some people are thinking this is some magic bullet as many are liking it and posting. It is a very good carb but like I said in many posts before it is far from a necessity and if you have a great performing carb run it. It would be like trying different tires or exhaust when your 100% happy with what you have. Buy something you actually need to fix an issue.
    windsurf, 454x and wallybean like this.
  14. NvRider55 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 525ex, 250xc 2T, 200sx,300mxc
    I have a 36mm on a 360 and it was a big + over the whole range, bottom end is fantastic. Mine took me awhile to get it dialed.
    454x likes this.
  15. Scott Goodman Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna WR300
    The High needle was waaaay rich initially, but the Low needle was really close. I'm pretty sure I'm at 1 turn out (leaner) also.
  16. Scott Goodman Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna WR300
    My WR300 came with a 38mm, and I was a bit skeptical about running the 36mm, but it seems to be the perfect size. I think whoever wants to try one out should do their research first...I wanted to smooth out the raw power of my steed and as an added bonus, gain a little fuel economy, which is exactly what the Lectron did!
    I can roll faster through the trails and not have any "surprises" from the massive hit the Mikuni delivered from the factory, because of all the years I've been racing, raw power and trees= bad news!! Do your research, do some practice sessions and get it dialed in, and you'll enjoy some smooth yet deliverable power :-)
  17. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I rode a WR165 (KTM 200 piped) today with a Lectron and it ran OK, but wasn't what I think it was hyped up to be in posts I've read on several forums.

I expected miraculous F.I. response and unreal over rev. In the admittedly limited ride it felt like a "slightly stronger on the bottom" 125. Not strikingly more, which is what I was expecting, just a little more. I plan to ride it back to back on a track next week so I can get a better feel for it but I gotta say, first impression, neither the BB or the carby was that much better than my 99 WR125 with TMX and PC MX pipe/silencer. I added a 51t to the rear from a 50t and honestly, I think that or another tooth out back might make them just about even.
  18. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

That's interesting. Very curious how you get along on the track. Some guys like the harder hit of the 125. I know if you whack my 165 on the bottom/mid like you can with any Husky 125 you will be picking rocks out of your asss.:D
    john01, K.Forte' and 454x like this.
  19. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It is all in the set up , if you don't have them jetted right (to rich) they are pretty lazy
    454x likes this.
  20. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

This 165 had a drool line as long as the silencer. I suggested it was fat too. He says the bike has done that since new, even with the TMX jetted leaner than delivered. We pulled the plug and it was dark but dry at 10 hours. It barely had any deposits on it after 10 hours. The mix is 44:1.

Maybe it is fat, (carb) he left it as it was delivered and it suits the owner just fine, vet "C" learning off road. Roll on at the bottom produced a surge that is better than my 125 but not so much that I'd buy the carb and the 165 and the pipe. Again, the jetting might be off and I only rode in a small, gravelly loop in my street bike gear. Still, I've ridden my 125 enough now to know what it does and doesn't do.

I'll post my impressions of it at the track where we can ride both my 125 and his 165 on repeatable obstacles, turns, straights, etc.