Lectron carbs for huskys available now at Motosportz

Discussion in 'Motosportz' started by Motosportz, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Soviet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TC 450
    So do they have a model that would replace the mikuni on the 04 TC450? To be honest, my carb runs perfectly well (to me) and im much happier with the performance and jetting of it vs the FCR that was on my 525 KTM, I'm just curious if they make a unit that is a replacement for it that I don't have to spend tons of time changing stuff around to work on my bike. I just spent lots of time getting a rekluse Z start pro fabbed into my bike since they don't make a model that fits the o4. :)
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    he has the cable and throttle to go with the setup.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Seems that would be the perfect place for a Lectron as those carbs were problematic. But if yours is working fine might as well leave it. They have stuff you can bolt on and go. I did not realize they had done so much 4 stroke testing and setting up. Thats what you get with 30 plus years experience.
  4. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    On a WR250-300 can you turn the throttle upside-down and run the cable under the front brake master cylinder and then in the usual routing? This would gain at least an inch.
    huskybear likes this.
  5. rajobigguy Administrator

OK that sounds cool. Thinking about it there might be one more bugaboo. The last generation of carbed 610's had throttle position sensors that controlled the ignition advance. I'm not sure what happens when you disconnect them, it may go to full advonce or to full retard. I know that some people have run without the TPS but I'm not sure what is involved in that. It would be great to be able to keep it functional but I don't see how that would work with the Lectron.
    erigre likes this.
  6. rajobigguy Administrator

It looks like Kevin can supply a dual cable set up that was originally intended for banshees, if I were to hook one cable up to the carb and the other up to a linear pull potentiometer I could probably generate the signal needed to emulate a TPS.
  7. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

As far as cables go I have sent Kevin a stock cable, complete throttle assy., and the curved cable holder from the stock carbs for the newer 125/144/165. He is going to make up cables to work with these that are long enough to allow better routing. Doug can you get me a measurement of what the cable housing length is from you WR250? Pretty simple for Kevin to make these up to fit so you can buy direct pre-made swaps. He is going to make up a couple and send them to me to try and make adjustments from there. Very responsive. :thumbsup:
  8. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike

And it's been sitting so long the carb is in SERIOUS need of a cleaning. I didn't plan on leaving it sit for so long, but life happenes... The NWDR crew is planning a trip to the dunes, so I need to get out there and get the carb cleaned! Unless you wanna come with us and test out a fancy dancy lectron.
  9. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    I was thinking of trying that on my WR150 when I install the lectron,I will see how it goes and post pics.
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    It should work fine with all your stock stuff, the new cable to to make it EZer and to deal with taller setup like tall bars and underbar stabilizers as the stock husky cable is pretty tight as is. We should have these soon for those that need it. Thanks for sending that stuff off Walt.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Hey everyone. Seems these are not coming setup exactly like I wanted. I was told they would have the choke on the other side, I much have misunderstood. Also the throttle cable seems to be an issue for almost everyone so we are addressing that now. The last think is, at least for us up here in the NW where it is freaking cold right ow is they are setup rich. I had to go 1/2-3/4 turns leaner and Steve (Xcuvator) had to go a full turn. The up side is those that took the time to sort out the throttle cable and lean it out some (up here in the north) are all reporting the same amazing performance. So there is some fitment work to do. Just wanted to give a heads up. Anytime you dive into something new there is always some fine tuning and it looks like we missed the mark by a little. Please shoot me an Email or call if you are having issues.

thanks
    Kelly
  12. DaveG321 Husqvarna
    A Class

i,m look,n at least 3 or more months before I make the purchase-shoulder repaired- and it will be for my 09 WB 165,so will the choke be on the correct side or is that something I could live with?

Thanks
    Dave
  13. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

It is a non-issue on our bikes as there is easy access from the right side. I haven't used it except to start it the first time out of the trailer from MT. Inside temp~20 degrees, outside temp 58 degrees. First kick start even after a 2 hour cool down. Did I mention the lack of spooge?!
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The choke like Walt says is pretty much a non issue especially on 125's. It is a slight inconvenience at best. Might be more of an issue for guys doing dead engine starts or ISDE stuff.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Walt, did you need to lean yours out some? Most seems to be slightly on the rich side as sent to us in the colder weather.

Xcuvator found this...

"My plug was sloppy rich and still a lot of blubber @1 turn out so I gave it another full turn. The bike runs perfectly! I coasted in from the field and my plug is back to cocoa brown, comes right back to idle and no pinging!"
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Mine is running perfectly. Love the power. I might try leaner to see for the fun of it. The last two rides I was in an area that has huge, more open hills and got a lot more time wide open and :eek: The top end is huge and endless. I love this carb for the smoothness and crisp metering off the bottom and mid as I ride there a lot but the top is ridiculous as well. I see why the drag and sand guys also love this carb.
  17. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I like the choke on the right for some reason. Like has been said though, on the 250-300 with the big tank, not so much.
    Chad's CRF 450 is in my shop right now and I can tell you that a right hand choke won't be useable on that critter. Just thought I'd mention it for when you go to put one on Blake's.:oldman:
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

thanks, they do offer a cable choke as well so that might be the ticket on perimeter framed 4 strokes.
  19. DaveG321 Husqvarna
    A Class

I,m sold,look forward to owning one of these carbs,will get intouch soon.Thanks for the reply.
    Dave
  20. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I had to lean out the 38mm one half turn runs perfect, nice light tan plug color. The 36mm needed a full turn leaner but works great now. We are getting pretty close to 20% or a little more, better mileage over two rides.