1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Lectron for '12 WR300

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Scott Goodman, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

replacing older carbs is a HUGE part of Lectrons biz. These work fantastic on the older hard to jet right bikes and bring all the same performance advantages. Been well tested on those older bikes for a long time. No issues. Probably want a 38 on that bike. Altitude compensating.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yes, Mike has the longer cables in stock. (At least he did as of a few days ago). I will have some coming from Lectron / Pro motion here very shortly. Lectron will also have them. Will get a solid date.

thanks
    K
  3. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I don't know if the 40 would be necessary at all. The difference in top end pull between the 36 and 38 is pretty minimal in reality. These carbs definitely flow more than comparable regular carbs as many have stated. Considering you will be spending a lot of time on the track and using the entire power band, I would order the 38. Still gives that instant response and traction out of a corner while pulling as far as you are willing to twist it.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  5. duey Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 ktm xc 2008 ktm 250 sx
    installed 36mm on 250 1/2 cable fit fine guess been changing needles an jets 30+ years helps,started 3rd kick rode 1 hr in 3" mud pulled hard every gear quite impressive 1/8 turn idle adjustment kinda shocked how well throttle responsed well worth the cleanup of bike, setup came almost untouchable wow
  6. WVdag Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR250 W/300 kit, 2013 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    1987 Harley FXLR 10th year edition
    I have what started out as a 2007 WR250 with a 38mm kehien AS. I installed a factory 300 kit, pipe and all about eight months ago. Fabulous I might add. I started reading about these lectron carbs so i ordered a 38mm from Kelly. I work six days a week away from home on the pipeline. I went home this past weekend and Sunday afternoon I installed my new lectron. I pushed it out of the garage and after four kicks it fired up I rode up on the hill. All I can say is WOW. From the very bottom to WFO with out a spuder or a flutter. I was initially interested in the 20%+ mileage improvement. I really did not expect such an improvement in an already great running machine. Again WOW, money well spent IMO. Oh yea, my only adjustment was 1/8 turn on the idle adjustment!
  7. WVdag Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sorry about my spelling of Keihin. Ment to check all spelling before sending post, oh well. Anyway I wanted to add that the throttle cable was a non issue. I did have to run both adjusters all the way in but it worked fine. I am going to order a new one so I can have a spare though. Hey Kelly I boogered the gasket alittle on top while installing. Do you have or can you get some?
    Dave
    Motosportz likes this.
  8. WVdag Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Oh yea thanks Kelly and Walt and everyone involved! I'm done now!
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    No problem. And funny you say that "I'm done now" as that's how i feel about my 165 with Lectron. Perfect.
    john01 likes this.
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes it's nice NOT to have to read the latest "i found the best needle /jet threads".
    huskybear and 454x like this.
  11. duey Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 ktm xc 2008 ktm 250 sx
    Like 83 jets n needles over the years god all that time wasted now line weights for fishing sure hope lectron's making money they deserve it
    wallybean likes this.
  12. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes, Lectrons were popular on Pentons and Husky's back in the late 70's. Especially when Husky came with Bings.
    everfree likes this.
  13. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    yes try it you'll like it ran one on a 79 250wr & a81 430xc 30 years ago they kicked butt then & they kickit even better now [no powerjet thing back then]just plane ol awesome! 430.. id get the 38 thinkin bout gettin two 1 for my 87 250wr 1 for my 12 cr144 36s
    everfree likes this.
  14. everfree Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    86 430AE (2), 88 430AE, 87 430WR (2)
    Other Motorcycles:
    87 250 XC, 87 430 CR, '17 GG 300
    Thanks, Troy and Vinduro.
    I'm riding the 87 430 this weekend. At least the 430 is jetted for where I'm riding.
    Sounds like I better get one. It could really be a sweet running bike.

Troy, if you get 'em, let me know how the install went on your 87 250wr.
    Thanks.
    Dave
  15. Long_Stroke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR300, 2013 WR144, 2020 FE501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    1996 DR350, 2002 Aprilia Caponord
    Finally got my shortened Lectron on my 2011 WR300 last night. I kicked and I kicked, choke on, choke off, temp in the mid 30s. A couple of sparks but no flame. Turned the rod leaner half a turn and try again. More kicking. Luckily while pacing and sweating I noticed the muffler plug still in and almost fell down laughing.

How many kicks does it take to start a cold Husky with a Lectron? Two.

Rode up and down the snow covered road in 1st gear and it ran wonderfully, even ice cold.
    Motosportz and Glenn haynes like this.
  16. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

I hate it when that happens!!!
  17. Long_Stroke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR300, 2013 WR144, 2020 FE501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    1996 DR350, 2002 Aprilia Caponord
    The red "Remove before Flight" ribbon is long gone from my exhaust plug. I'll have to put some red rope with bells on it.
    454x likes this.
  18. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    I left a rag in my airbox once and went through the same ordeal, I didn't know what would happen first-a heart attack or breaking off the kick-starter:lol:!
    Long_Stroke likes this.
  19. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    Did the same thing once. Went to a local riding spot, couldn't get the bike started, went home and found the rag later.:censored:
    huskybear likes this.
  20. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

LOL, I remember years ago when we were at a ISDT qualifier and Teddy Leimbach left a rag in his airbox and installed the airfilter over it. Like to have never started the bike then the bike hung wide open. He found that he had sucked the rag into the carb and it was holding the slide open. I think his brother Dane was a bit upset with him over that mistake.
    huskybear likes this.