1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc lectron good(thus far).

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by shawbagga, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

All years. Make sure the upper spring is preloaded. Off idle bog might be carb, this is more mid to top.
    woodsrider likes this.
  2. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I agree and think that proper preload is the answer and not the amount up and down in the adjustment slot. The springs tension and set aren't exactly the same when new, then when you factor in spring fatigue... Yeah it's like jetting,, no two are exactly the same.
    Motosportz and woodsrider like this.
  3. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    did 100+km on sunday & didn't notice any bogging at all so hoping that the PV was responsible. not the best track to test on as not many really gnarly hills so will see when I go to some different riding areas. does lose a bit of top end but think I liked it better & can live with a bit less top(I think). will still adjust the rod a qtr-half turn leaner & see what happens as think it could still be slightly better off idle/down low. still cant get over the fuel economy these carbs deliver, 100 km mostly flat knacker & didn't even get to reserve:thumbsup:. im sure 140-150km is possible even with my big arse on it. will try next time I go out & run it near on dry & see what I get
    454x and Motosportz like this.
  4. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    been slack & havnt adjusted rod yet but the bog is still there. not sure whether its rich or lean. seems like its running out of juice on big long gnarly uphills(near the top) & when in second when probably should be in first(say at bottom of gully about to go up a hill and whack throttle it just dies for a second then comes good). nearly stalls then comes good when I stop for a second & give it some revs. a little frustrating I must say. will adjust rod this week half turn leaner, if no good will go back the other way half a turn richer. on a brighter note I did 115km of trailriding today(50:50 WFO/single track-fairly up it!) before I went on to reserve. got back to ute & had 122km on clock & reckon I still had 20km+ left in her! absolutely unreal economy!!! mate on his berg 450 & bro on his 500exc were near on out as well so on par with the 4T EFI bikes. stoked on the economy of these carbs:thumbsup:
    454x likes this.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I dont remember, did you look at where your PV is set?
  6. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    yeh adjusted it but still same
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    try leaner on the PJ. Usually they need leaner even though they feel rich. Your gas is far different than ours. Are you running the MS3 rod? If so maybe a 3-1xl would be better for your fuel.
  8. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    yeh ms-3 mate, plug came out sweet with plug chop & a bit paranoid going too lean on PJ as do a fair bit of WFO riding. quarter or half turn ya reckon? counter clockwise yeah for leaner? ill pm ya soon as want to order another for the 300.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Funny thing is my plug ALWAYS looks perfect, even if it is lean or rich. Go a half turn counter clockwise so it is enough to see if you are going the right direction.
  10. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'd like to discontinue my account
    I've found that you'll know your lean when the idle hangs bad then go rich a 1/4 or so and all mine were good. This is on the fuel rod adjustment by the way. I also have experienced how they act lean or bog but are actually rich.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it nearly impossible to smoke a motor by having the fuel rod lean but it's easier to smoke it when the power jet is lean......right?
    rockdancer and Motosportz like this.