Lectron is a-o-k with me

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by edmoto, Jan 19, 2013.

1. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    Excellent point!
  2. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    I was thinking the same thing today and realized, "wait a minute, I'm keeping this bike and carb until they or I disintegrate" :lol: I think I will trim mine just so it fits a little nicer:cheers:
  3. jaxsplatt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '10 WR300, 2000 TE410
    Looks like I had better start saving for a Lectron... Damn it, I was going to save for a new pipe and silencer but now this mite be $ better spent.. Still Damn hot in Queensland, but my kids have hounded me hard so camelbacks chilled ready for an early trail ride:banana:
    huskybear, sabortooth and Steve-oh like this.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

IMHO, and not because I am selling them, but the Lectron is a far better performance mod than a pipe. IMHO a pipe moves the power around while the Lectron makes more and better power everywhere.
    huskybear and 454x like this.
  5. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    How do I get the official Lectron Metering rod adjusting tool PT#7000-1? Also, how do I adjust the power jet knob? All the little manual talks about is replacing the power jets.
  6. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I think it says out is richer
  7. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    X2:thumbsup:
  8. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

They have two (2) different types of Power Jets. One type uses Mikuni Pilot jets. For just a bit more money you can get a metered adjustable Power Jet with a adjustment knob. Out is more. The original Mikuni Pilot jet type starts with a #60 PJ. You get jets to adjust from there.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I can get you the dial indicator tool if you think you need it but you do not. Your idle adjustment tells you about everything you need to know. If you have to turn it in to far it is rich, back the rod out a half turn and then see if the idle is more int he middle of the range. All you are doing is setting the rod to the slide. this is pretty EZ to feel and find out and adjust if need be. As for the powerjet we send them all out with the externally adjustable powerjet. Just play with it and read your plug. Should come setup close and feel free to turn it in our out and see how it affects the top end. Without a dyno and sniffer it is a bit of a guessing game but as there is a simple knob to twist right there just treat it like suspension settings. Turn it one way a half turn and see if the top gets better or worse. If worse turn it the other way a half turn. Do wide open throttle chops and plug reads and see where you are at. The whole process is FAR EZer than tuning a jetted carb and is actually kind fun. Once you set the rod which is EZ about all you will do is adjust the idle for different conditions. This carb works really nice and is very simple to live with. Hope that helps. Oh, one cool thing about the adjustable powerjet is if you hit the dunes or something and need top end and no pinging just spin the adjuster out some and go.