1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Lectron tuning--starts w/o choke = too rich?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by venturini, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Glad you are liking it was not sure about your fuel and settings but sounds like it works well.
  2. Myles Walshe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Been and gone, TL1000R & FIreblade
    Set up is working great Kelly. Was a mix of 4 miles of tight woodland/single track 2 miles of 5 gear hang on tight for three and a half hours and did both with easy.. 3rd gear stand up wheelies over rough stuff was so controllable. If that course didn't test it nothing would! You can add UK set up to your credentials.

Anyone reading this who is sick of messing with their standard carb start saving!.
    juicypips likes this.
  3. venturini Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TC 250 '13 CR 150 '11 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 KTM 250 XC
    Well
    Well, I agree that the "hit" in stock form does make it fun but what I got in place of the "hit" was a bike that just GOES. No pissing around, no feeling like it's trying to make up it's mind, just go, go, go. There is still a hit---just more subdued and it's seems even more subdued now that I tinkered with the PV. The dealer had set it up with the PV adjuster bolt about 1/3 from the bottom---I moved it to a hair above 1/2 way. After the next race I plan to lean it out 1/4 turn---not sure if that will return more of the hit or not.

Keep in mind that I'm NOT using it for MX---it's a Hare Scrambles bike.

Honestly, I don't miss the hit because it starts screaming much earlier now----if I get bored with it I'll get the G2 Quick Turn throttle to put some "fright" back into it but for now, I personally feel that the major advantage to the more linear response of increased traction in the woods and when I occasionly venture out onto the local hard-pack SX track (rock hard with a persistent layer of silt) far outweighs the fun of the hit.

If Lectron does come out with a version made for bikes that came stock with the Mikuni, then I'll be getting that one for the Husky and the one I have now will go on the KTM 250XC.
  4. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    You may also like how a longer muffler feels. My cr 150 with stock short muffler feels a lot different to my wr with cr ignition and turbine core 2. The power with shorter muffler is much shorter and comes in harder and seems to finish quicker as well. The bigger muffler changes it a lot .
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Done. Called a MS3 shorty. We have them. Cost a little more due to the machining necessary to make them short.

[IMG]
  6. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    Kelly, can you post the actual length of the Shorty Lectron here? I'm probably gonna be pulling my stocker this weekend and would be a good time to measure it for comparison.
  7. Aviduser Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 cr 165
    This thread has kinda hijacked into a lectron fest.

if you think your running rich pop the cap and -1/4 turn on the rod. No one here can tell you for sure how your bike will run.

It's easy to do trail side with an appropriate Allen key.

As far as missing the hit with the lectron. I haven't it hasnt gone anywhere. Bike screams with the lectron.
    454x likes this.
  8. venturini Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TC 250 '13 CR 150 '11 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 KTM 250 XC
    Still interested in this "shorty" version but nothing is listed on their site. Is this an aftermarket mod?
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

No, much better to just shoot me an Email and I'll send you one back with all the info. These are done at Lectron to our specifications for our bikes. We have put a ton of time on on these and this unique setup. Lectron has been amazing at making the changes we need.