1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Little help with a CR125 please

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by john01, Dec 31, 2012.

1. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    The Scalvini pipe gave me a lot more power mainly from the mid to the top end and the low to mid is the same as stock. The only other carb I ran with the Scalvini was an RB modded Mikuni. It ran fine with that combination just a lot cleaner and with more power with the Lectron. The Lectron carb just seems to run better and amplifies the horsepower at every level. Very, very crisp with no blubber or hesitation whatsoever. Every time I cranked the throttle I had a big smile on my face because the front end was in the air and earth was flying from my rear tire! I have never felt so much horsepower from this motor. :D
    JSK73, 454x and huskybear like this.
  2. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    was that a 39mm RB modded Mikuni ? and you feel the Electron - sorry Lectron was better up top as well?
  3. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    Nope. It was a 38mm RB modded Mikuni. The 36mm Lectron was better everywhere. We had a couple of sections where I was in sixth and full open! She was screaming! And that's with a 2002 wide ratio gearbox! 13 tooth countershaft anf 47 tooth rear sprocket.
  4. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

When Ron is done with the 38 it ends up a 39. At least that's what he said when he did my son's carb.
  5. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    47 rear sprocket:eek: and still preserving the front tire by being it in the air ? :D

I run the same trany as you have and 13-52 final transmission but i would be thinking a 47 (have it lying on my shelf ) would be a too long shot for it

My intent is to run it with a 12 counter sprocket.

don't have the lectron yet, though.

Robert-Jan
  6. racerjake549 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR125, TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    nighthawk 700s, 2x Piranha 190 pits.
    the scalvini on the little Husky is pure magic I am 50 years old, i have had at least 25 bikes and at least 12 pipe swaps and just as many many motor builds and mods and out of everything i have ever done the addition of the Scalvini pipe and shorty silencer is the biggest bang for the buck, period! Smooooth power all the way up near the top and then comes the nitrous hit and it revs until the CDI says stop. 125, 144, 167, doesnt matter, it just works! I have all of the Husky pipes in stock today. they are selling very well and stock varies from day to day. Sorry to preach but i am very pationate about this product because it works!
    CelticDude likes this.
  7. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    I am thinking about the pipe and silencer for my wr150 but I will enjoy just the lectron for now. Please stop these kind of posts-you are making it too tempting for me and I need time to come up with an excuse for the wife:lol:!
    racerjake549 likes this.
  8. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    Kinda what racerjake549 said. Smooth power off the bottom and then a nitrous hit about the upper midrange and then hang on! The Scalvini pipe is worth every penny for entertainment value alone. I'm 60 years old and I haven't had so much fun in a long time and I even won my class yesterday!
    jmetteer, racerjake549, 454x and 2 others like this.
  9. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Congrats CelticDude :applause:. I don't think it would work with my WB165 but I'll let my friend know about the pipe for his 125.
  10. racerjake549 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR125, TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    I see guys running big bore motors with stock pipes all the time. The worst thing that could happen on a 165 is it would gain a little on top and have great bottom end. Yes a 165 purpose built pipe would be even better. Is anyone building such a pipe? I can get the factory to build a big bore specific pipe. It just takes a while. Approx. 6 weeks. They may actually have the specs in house. They design and build pipe for th Husky offload team in europe. Not sure if they are into the big motors(165/167) or not. I will find out.
    And CONGRATS to CelticDude on the win and thanks for the good word on the pipes!
  11. racerjake549 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR125, TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husky ear, tell her yours is not performing quite right and you NEEEED a new pipe! Remember, "forgiveness is far easier to acquire than permission.".
    huskybear likes this.
  12. racerjake549 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR125, TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Oops! HuskyBear. Sorry, typo
  13. racerjake549 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR125, TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Somebody tell me more about the Lectron. My son races a CR1255 2012 model. It has had the head reshaped, Wiseco 2 ring Ultralite piston, port timing corrected and mild porting. I am running one size larger pilot in cool weather and a 470 main jet all year round. Runs perfect from top to bottom. I hear so many people complaining about flat spots, not running on top, etc. what's up with that? Are we missing some horsepower by not doing carb mods?
  14. racerjake549 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR125, TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Failed to mention it is 144 most of the time.
  15. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    No need. Every bit of info you could want is here... You just have to look around A LITTLE for it. There is about 3-5 threads updated multiple times a day on these carbs. Yes, you are missing something if you don't inform yourself. Check the Motosportz section.

I would be interested in a purpose built KTM 200 scalvini pipe modded to fit the Husky 125 platform, but it would be a ways down my to-do list. I would have a hard time taking something like that to get beat up in the woods.
  16. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have one they built for me
  17. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    I must of missed that Tim... How is the top end? Any pics?!?!?! on a 165 or 167?
  18. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I don't know never mounted it up to a 165 but It made 167 pull much harder on top .
    [IMG]
    racerjake549 likes this.
  19. JSK73 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB144
    Those pipes are nice looking for sure. Are they prone to rust issues?
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    thanks for the feedback. Everyone seems to love the Lectron as much as I did (do) Good stuff.