1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Little help with a CR125 please

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by john01, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Kinda, Walt from this site has FMF mod some KTM 200 pipe parts and send them to him for final welding. They make GOBS of power on the 165 kit. It is kinda big and wraps around more like a 250 pipe...

[IMG]

Here is the FMF 125 pipe and big ass FMF KTM 200 pipe modified for a 165 husky for compairsion

[IMG]

I have seen Tim's pipe in person, beautiful work.
    racerjake549 likes this.
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The pipes Walt had made (KTM 200 FMF Fatty) for the WB165 makes a huge difference. I went from a standard Husky FMF Fatty 125 to the Walt custom 200 pipe and it was across the board better. The 165 didn't come to life without it. It kinda ran like it had a stopped up nose with the 125 Fatty :lol:.
    rockdancer likes this.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I also ran both the 125 pipe and the FMF 200 pipe on my 165 and the 200 FMF pipe stomped it. The 125 pipe was interestingly good on top but not near as good bottom and mid.
  4. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    LECTRON FEEDBACK!!! :D

PCGP 2013_04.jpg
    typeone, huskybear and R-J van Hulst like this.
  5. racerjake549 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR125, TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    nighthawk 700s, 2x Piranha 190 pits.
    Where did you get the pipe guard troffer88? People are asking me about them all the time. As for the prone to rust question, you oil them down when you clean up bike and they look good for a long time. Dents are very easy to fix on these pipes. To make them look new again get a bottle of rust remover jel at any auto parts store. Paint this on evenly, let stand for 5 minutes or so and hose off. Dry and oil with WD 40 immediately. First time you ride it will blue up and look greate again.
    CelticDude likes this.
  6. racerjake549 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR125, TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Tell me more about your 167. Who built it? josh has been trying to get me to do this for a while. My son races motocross not woods. Curious if it will rev or do you short shift it a bit?

Thanks
  7. racerjake549 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR125, TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    I would love to see someone try the Scalvini on the 165. The Fatty completely sucks on big bore 125!! I had a Fatty, Pro Circuit, and SST and tested them on yz125 and yz144 mod motor. The Fattymwas perfect on 125 but was totally wrong on 144. Pro Circuit was great on big bore and terrible on 125. SST was best on 125 also.

I talked to the factory today and the Scalvini design was and is designed to work on larger displacement motors. 144-167 range. For instance The ktm 125 pipe IS a 150 pipe. It doesnt provide incredible power gains accross the board but where the stock pipe signs off it keeps revving to the moon, making huge horsepower gain. The same is true for Husky, Yamaha, TM 125. All 3 of these motors are very similar. The Husky and Yamaha are very much alike. For all you guys with the modified CR and WR motors, Scalvini is the best choice. Do the silencer with it. They sound incredible!!
    CelticDude likes this.
  8. racerjake549 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR125, TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sorry, Josh at MAXPOWERRPMS.
  9. racerjake549 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR125, TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    That upper mid range pull and then that crazy over rev is hard to explain until you have the Scalvini on your own bike and you head out accross the yard and it nearly shoots out of your hands when you hit 3rd gear because a pipe/silencer combo has never made thatnkind of difference.
    CelticDude likes this.
  10. racerjake549 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR125, TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    I must say I have never used the pipe that Walt custom makes. I am sure it is very good also.
  11. racerjake549 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR125, TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    "Forgiveness is easier to acquire than permission".

I brought home an FLH Harly one time using this golden rule. It was hell but it worked. Lol! As long as they don't start using it on you!
    huskybear likes this.
  12. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    They look to be made of Stainless.
    If so, a scotchbrite is all thats needed to clean it up.
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Send me one. I'll do a full write up and let you know how it compares to a modded KTM 200 FMF and KTM 200 Doma pipes on a 165. Then I'll send it back. I have no dog in this fight, have had several husky 165s with many different pipes. I have probably 6 pipes around here including modded KX125, 2 types of Domas and others. I'll be brutally honest though so it better work :>)

The FMF works much better than stock on the 125cc ones. The modified KTM200 FMF Walt does flat rules (I have not tried a better pipe) on the 165. My KTM200 Doma makes less bottom, more mid and with the Lectron lots of top than the FMF 200 pipe.

I have tried a lot of pipes. Also have 2 FMF SST KTM 200 pipes here I am about to mod for the 165 to try.

fun stuff. IMHO the Lectron makes more power than any pipe and the pipes move power around to where you want it. Some add good power, most just move the power.

FMF KTM 200 pipe on 165 - Most low and mid
    Doma KTM 200 on 165 - smooth on the bottom, good mod and top, overall nice woods pipe as it is very smooth and controlled.
    KX125 pipe on 165 - Good and feels like a 125 Doma pipe, mid range power
    Stock 125 husky pipe - crap everywhere but on top where it screams
    FMF 125 pipe - big gains over stock pipe, nice bottom and mid
    KTM 200 FMF SST - ?
    Scalvini - ?

My feelings only
    john01 likes this.
  14. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Heres a quick question for you guys
    Do your 2007 on KTM 200 EXCs come with the carbunkel screwed to the pipe as in the pic ??
    I actually really like this pipe on the 165 but am not sure if its the same spec as the US versions

$T2eC16V,!)8E9s4l7bbUBR!DK,4sl!~~60_12.jpg
  15. racerjake549 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR125, TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Wh
    at the heck is that?
  16. racerjake549 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR125, TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
  17. racerjake549 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR125, TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Raw Steele, no stainless on 2 stroke Scalvinis.
  18. racerjake549 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR125, TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Say, I need to find paint to match the side cases on CR 125. Has anyone already figured this one out?
  19. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm going to try and talk my friend into getting one....who knows it may end up getting tested on my WB165 :D.
  20. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Then one could wipe with brake fluid a few times when hot to turn the color to gun metal blue. Simular to the blue at the welded seams on the one shown.