1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Living with a 2010 Husky TE 510!

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by danbartol, Dec 7, 2009.

1. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

Big storm on the way after a very dry fall, so I had to get out and get a final ride in before it all gets covered w/ snow.

[IMG]

Was an incredible day for riding. Fairly clear trails and not a soul in sight. Did just a tad under 90 miles!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The only hazard were the ice dams. Typically surprised you in a corner and were so slick you could not even stand on them:
    [IMG]

If you look carefully you can see where the handlebars and the pegs and I slid for 4-5 ft on the ice:
    [IMG]

Despite the slick spots it was well worth it:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Sure wont look like this tomorrow. :wink:
    [IMG]

Pikes Peak in the distance
    [IMG]

[IMG]

The Husky is finally 100% dialed in, it really rips!
    [IMG]

More Pikes Peak
    [IMG]

[IMG]

What a great day, probably wont see one like this till April/May. Happy New year!
    manu and bigjon like this.
  2. Srad600 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '04 TC450 Plated
    Other Motorcycles:
    '96 XR650L SUMO, '11 KTM 990ADV
    Wow, looks like you had a great ride. :cheers: Glad the bike is working well.
  3. rudek Husqvarna
    A Class

Dear Danbortol,

First I also want to congratulate you for the excellent job in describing what you been doing in his-510. Yesterday I found this forum and spent the afternoon reading their statements.

Next week I get my bike, 2009. I drove a Honda crf 250x, now I want to master this machine 510cc!
    Based on your posts got some protective items such as motor and hand guard and rear disc brake.
    Heater will not go through the wrists, here fortunately not so cold! :) here are blessed to be able to fly the whole year!

I'll be hoping to not have problems with make it work as you had .. finally

Congratulations again and Happy 2011 to all his family.

greetings
    :thumbsup:

Leandro Rudek
  4. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

beautiful photos.. I'm envious The 510 Rocks!
  5. rudek Husqvarna
    A Class

hi Danbartol
    first apologize for any mistake in typing, my English is not very good!

I share with you my journey in off-road .. just ask your forgiveness because I think I exceeded the number of photos!

- my first bike - Yamaha DT 180 - year 1980
    [IMG]

- second bike - Yamaha DT 180 - year 1982 - note the "camelback"in front, made of plastic bottle kkk
    [IMG]

- third bike - Yamaha DT 180 - year 1984
    [IMG]

- fourth bike - Honda Twister 250cc - year 2004
    [IMG]

- vying with regularity rally bike Twister
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

- looks at the state it is!
    [IMG]

- fifth bike - that's better! CRF 250x - bought in March 2010
    [IMG]

- try to do basic maintenance at home
    [IMG]

- some pictures of her endurance race
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

- opponent is refreshing :lol:
    [IMG]

- result of my first race with the CRF 250x :notworthy:
    [IMG]

- our tracks here in Southern Brazil

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

- crf 250x sold to about 3 months because of a sprained knee, but now coming back with this beautiful machine and more powerful! I should receive it next week! :D :applause:

[IMG]

when I ride it I'll post here, I hope that I feel comfortable with it ... through our trails are locked, closed, most want to beat! think that forces the bike will not miss!

greetings
    DCrider likes this.
  6. andy j Husqvarna
    AA Class

hey great pics.. loving the stream dunking..
  7. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    rudek, Good pics. You made the right choice going with the TE 510. You will be in Heaven with the handfull of power. :cheers:
  8. brodee Husqvarna
    C Class

Danbartol,

What gearing did you finally settle on? You originally stated your were going to "start w/ 14/47 or 15/47". Just curious.... thanks!
  9. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

I mix it up depending on the ride:

13/47 for Single track
    14/47 for two track
    15/47 for dual sport rides
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I wish I could get a 15T om my 08 TXC250 but there is very little space between the 14t FS and the slave clutch now ... But then again, I'm not too concerned about top end speed ... If I chug along at 30 - 35 mph, I get about 65 mpg or more and I never have too far to go and plenty of time to get there ... both side effects of island living ...

Dan, your bike looks like it will pull like a tractor ;0 ) ... Good to see you got it running and looking well ...
  11. mattomoto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey Dan-

I have an 08 450 with the same light. How did you wire the low to stay on all the time and the high w/low on? Your bike looks great. Glad you got it running well. Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

Matto
  12. LTRace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Danbartol, your 510 looks sweet! You have it set up great for your needs. I'm sure you'll be loving it even more as spring arrives. Very nice.

Les
  13. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

Matto

I used a diode between the low and high beam to allow both the low and high to run at the same time. I'f you are not familir w/ diods they are kind of like one way valves for electricity, allowing current to only flow in one direction (from high beam to low beam, but not the opposite way).
  14. mattomoto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Makes sence. Thanks Dan.
  15. K7MDL Husqvarna
    A Class

A near zero cost method to always keep your low beam on, yet keep control of the high beam, is to solder a small wire jumper between the 2 solder terminals that power the low beam on the handlebar control headlight switch.

The down side to running 2 lights at once is that you are running twice the current through the (small) wiring to power both lights causing reduced voltage to the lights due to the voltage drop and potentially wire heating. It will likely work fine though. Wiring that is clamped too tight by tie wraps or bending around sharp objects can be more susceptible to shorting out as the insulation gets warmer and softer and is less able to take the abuse. I have rewired bikes in the field with burned wiring (flaming and smoke actually) due to melted insulation at these spots. I use relays off a new fused dedicated battery wire pair controlled by the original headlight wiring. That way there is no heavy current flowing through the ignition switch/handlebar switches. Switching to HID on one or both lamps can reduce the total current almost equal to the OEM current draw as a way to compensate.

Readers with model years that run the headlights off AC may want to take note: a single diode will become a half wave rectifier and reduce your voltage to one light to less than half and become pulses. You also need to ensure you use a big enough diode for the wattage. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rectifier
  16. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think this is what I used:

Radio Shack

[IMG]

3-Amp Diodes Model: 1N5402 | Catalog #: 276-1143

Decisive 200A surge. Type 1N5402. Peak Inverse Voltage (PIV) is 200.
  17. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

2000 mile valve check......................still in speck from the factory. I'm amazed i have not had to touch the valves yet. Did mention this is the easiest valve check/adjustment ever!
  18. Planepower Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TC 250/ 450 6spd, 2007 SMR 530
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducat 1198S, SV1000, CBR125, DRZ125
    Psssssst - to circumnavigate the weather you could---->

So you can ride! IMG_0044.JPG IMG_0068.JPG
    bigjon likes this.
  19. Planepower Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TC 250/ 450 6spd, 2007 SMR 530
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducat 1198S, SV1000, CBR125, DRZ125
    P.S.
    Nice thread by the way, and nice bike!
  20. welditon Husqvarna
    A Class

Great thread! Would you tell me where/who you bought the SAMCO hose set from? I've tried a few Samco vendors and they only have them listed up to '08. Thanks.