1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Living with a 2010 Husky TE 510!

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by danbartol, Dec 7, 2009.

1. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

You gotta play!
  2. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

There might be a happy ending on the way, just waiting to make sure before I get all excited about it.
  3. rallyraid325 Husqvarna

I'm with you on this one.
  4. Jrmobb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well I hope you get it worked out. I know how frustrating this can all be. You get so fed up you dont want to spend time on it anymore when it gets you no where. Id say follow bbcmat advise and put the bike totally stock and run through his list. These bikes arnt pieces of crap that have many problems. Every bike model will have its few bikes that run into problems. Ive seen guys on here with over 15k miles from his 06 te510 ( basicly same motor) with norm maintenace. I have around 2000k miles on mine with no problems.

Keep your head up kid ;) and try and work through it. If you do get to the point and give up, setup the bike stock before you take it in for easier inspections.
  5. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Ditch that 1 way valve on your gas tank and run straight hose. Those things can be a pos, not vent and pressurise your tank.
  6. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

The good news is that at 1500 miles the valves have not moved a bit!
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Bikes are just mechanical devices ... I call 'em can openers sometimes because they are just mechanical devices, same as a can opener and this helps keep it all simple ... Sometimes we get ~lost in them when having multiple issues and look past the real problem ... Going back to a base line sounds like a good idea ...

If you step back and look, most the issues you were having were mostly known or a ~derivative of a known issue ... we might have cloaked a known issue here in some manner or created something new ...
  8. stushusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450
    Black wire on the fuel pump loose
  9. waserman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW KTM Honda
    Maybe you've done this but I don't recall seeing it,replace the coolant temperature sensor.I've had all kinds of crazy stuff and finally did that and all seems to be ok since then.My bike exhibited the same symptoms,start run die when you give it gas wouldn't start,cooled down started right up when it got up to temperature and you stopped would die and not restart. just a thought not expensive either
  10. Huskyholdout Husqvarna

Sounds like an advertisement for one of those shadey massage parlors.
  11. cbreakin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE510
    Any update on this? My 510 recently did something similar and frankly I'm worried about taking this bike farther than I'm willing to push it!
  12. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

Waiting on parts!
  13. 510te Husqvarna
    AA Class

top read.. i have a 09 510 with about 4000 hard ks on it now and havent had any problems at all bar fork seals and flat fronts oh and the rear shock early in its life... its all stock with the pu kit.. running strong and i have never had to kick it yet so i wont mod it and hopefully it will stay a good thing... good luck with it and hope you get it sorted.. cant help thinking that we are using you like a guinea pig in a lab.. lol.
  14. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
  15. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

Tomorrow will tell!
  16. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

"A new bike that has been Frankensteined. "

So a new headlight, an exhaust and a Power Commander Frankensteins the bike!?!?

;)
  17. bbcmat Husqvarna
    A Class

If that's all you picked up from my post - best of luck to you.

MAT
  18. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

Didn't mean to dismiss you Mat, I was just being a smart ass since I had a good idea what the issue was (got a call from the service department).

Thanks to everyone for all the help and the ideas. I have to say that all the input was excellent and offered very rational and efficient trouble shooting procedures.

Got the bike back today and the problem was an intermittent electrical contact between the coil and the spark-plug wire.

I guess every time I pulled the plug and checked for spark or tested the coil the movement reinstated the contact making everything seem fine and run temporarily.
    Once reassembled and ridden the bike vibrations or the position of the spark-plug wire broke the contact and killed the bike.

No wonder I could not find it and it drove me crazy. Hopefully this is the end of it. I have not had a chance to do a full test ride since it started raining right as I got home w/ the bike. (Note: It has not rained in 4-5 weeks!)

Now back to the regular scheduled programing.
  19. craigs449 Husqvarna
    B Class

:cheers: Glad to hear you probably have it sorted.
  20. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Those intermittent problems are the worst. I know the hair pulling that results from it from my other hobbies. Hope that's it & ya happily ride off into the sunset :thumbsup: :cheers: