Local SoCal weekday ride

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by robertaccio, Jan 15, 2010.

1. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Camp Lockett Army base in Campo (About 20 minutes west of McCain Valley) was the last home of the Buffalo Soldiers (All African American Calvary Regiment). They were used during WW2 to patrol the border with Mex in eastern SD County....

My 5 acres of paradise has old remnants (foundations) of the old Army camp.
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    The weather was perfect out there yesterday and so was the traction. The amount of other riders was also perfect; zero.

The new suspension was great too. Transformed my sloppy handling TE into a much tighter, more responsive handler. It felt much lighter than it actually is, and a lot easier to turn in the singletrack stuff and goes like mad over the whoop de doos instead of just falling into them.:D
  3. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

SO...what you are telling me is that you are going to come back out on friday morning and we can hit some single track :D:D

There might even be snow by friday.....:D:D:D

And you can ride a TXC 250 :applause:

Mitch.
  4. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Been pretty much snowing/ice all day today on I-8 from Descanso to McCain..... :D

Should be some accumulation at McCain....Rob N and crew will be out manana for some trail antics :D

Haven't been able to enjoy this weather due to work :banghead:, but maybe Sunday morning for me....:thumbsup:

:cheers:
    Mitch.
  5. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I plan on going out tomorrow morning. Think there will be much snow? I trashed my bike hauler on Wednesday:eek: and had to replace it. Don't want to hit another deep rut hidden in the snow and whack this one. I got a Wrangler, so I got the tranny and the tires for light snow. Don't know how the MT21s will like it.:excuseme:
  6. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Depends on what happens tonight, but I think the road in to McCain should be okay....Lots of water puddles for sure...

They are calling for snow flurries overnight out east....It was'nt sticking much east of Ribbonwood...

I'll send you a pm with my cell, so you can call me if you got any more ?'s.

Mitch.
  7. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer