1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Looking at the 2013 WR300

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by 6thgear, Apr 9, 2013.

1. 6thgear Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    GSXR600, GSXR1100, Ninja 250
    Why would you go with the 310? I'm really interested!
  2. 6thgear Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    What issues do you have with the Fuel injection? With a mini computer you should be able to connect right up and mod the mapping pretty quickly, and if the stock computer does not allow that, I'd assume you can buy aftermarket to allow modifications to the mapping like a powercommander. As for valve adjustments would take roughly 1-2 hours maybe once a week during training, maybe after a hard race make adjustments? What's the etc part?

I like understanding everything..haha Which is why bikes are fun! So much to learn, so little time!
  3. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    lower CG Much better handling and quicker steering,closed cartridge forks,same exact LBS as the WR but with an e-start( and anyone will tell you that until you get your WR jetted right and learn the technique on how to kick start these WRs you will knock your brains out ) smooth predicable power band with tons to spare! EFI technology and the best thing is get on and ride immediately !! no starting problems,no carb to mess with and the best ergos and suspension out there !!! beside the WR is needlessly tall and im 6'4" !!
  4. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    DA-DING-DING-DINGDADING-DING-DINGDADING....BAROOOP!

yeh...geta e-start 4 stroke, ooo- so exciting!...buwahahahaha. :p

this thing sounds like a top fueler and peeps WILL get out of your way...

want to have fun? get the thumper.

want to experience the abosulte essence of spine tingling hackel raising dirt biking? get the last of the gnarly 2T open bikes.

005.JPG

things its NOT:

the same ol same ol, hard to start, hard to jet, hard to care for, hard on wallet, hard to ride, or slow by any stretch.

things it is:

an open 2T dirt bike. nothing more or less.
  5. AC3 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Street Triple R, KTM 400 EXC
    Nothing beats the WR300. All other 4 strokes are ...ermmm boring!!! Other 2 strokes are ok though lol.
    Mine is 2009 and it is pure mad!! Get in the power band and you will be grinning like a nut (through gritted teeth).
    Tried and tested design. No need to improve what is already perfect. Not bothered about the carb or the kick start.
    E-starts are for metrosexuals anyway. :D
    S ander likes this.
  6. Long_Stroke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR300, 2013 WR144, 2020 FE501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    1996 DR350, 2002 Aprilia Caponord
    :lol: So true!
  7. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    if that what defines you so be it
  8. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I've got both a WR250 and a TE250.

If you ride a lot or hard get the WR. Trust me, you don't need to be replacing fuel pumps, starters, ring gears, stripped valve cap holes, temp sensors, CDI's, Injectors etc on a bike you want to pound.

The WR is cheaper and with resonable care will be competitive and last forever. Change trans oil, air filters, lube the swingarm bearings and it will run forever.....get a hydo clutch if the pull is too much ( it may be).

If you are not a big guy get the WR250. Slap on a PWK AS and it will become a one kick starter like my 04. Adjust the airscrew and will will run a whole enduro without ever stalling.

Like most Huskys it is not designed around short folk...it helps to be tall.

A WR300 with a stock carb can take 5-6 kicks to start and on the 300 those are not easy kicks.

WR250 is cheaper too.
    ray_ray and braddenning like this.
  9. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Heheh....you said "nozzle".:rolleyes:
    erigre likes this.
  10. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
  11. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    That's a huge amount of hours to ride a week. I use motul @50:1 and change the piston, rings at 50 hours. Piston is usually right at the outer tolerance limits. I have no idea what other people are getting.
  12. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 yz250f 197? rickman zunpaap 125
    I read that 35-45 hours a week too and was like holy hell?! A good season for me is 60-100hrs a season from march-november.
  13. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    I wish riding was my full time operation. That would be AWESOME! i would probably crash far less too:)
  14. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Giggity!
    pvduke likes this.
  15. 6thgear Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    I based that off riding 3 hours per night after work, as well as 10 hour or more during the weekend. I've still got a full time job..haha I'm however the type that if I commit myself to learn something..I learn it..haha And only way to get better on a bike is to ride!

Thanks everyone for the good information. Sorry I snuck out mid way through our conversation. Was about 2am for me and needed to get some sleep for 8am work..haha (Now ignoring work to type this ) I'm going to head over to the 4 Stroke section now and snag some information. I know everyone is a little bias towards their own bikes, it's a reason they make so many! But I did get alot out of this, will still use this thread to ask more. :cheers:
  16. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 yz250f 197? rickman zunpaap 125
    Well I think you may be surprised how many actual riding hours that is. Thats rivaling like a pro's amount of ride time per week in season easily . Im jealous hahaha:cheers:
  17. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    I have a 2T and 4T Husqvarna; Im partial to both of them haha
    image.jpg image.jpg
    pvduke likes this.
  18. 6thgear Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    Really? I didn't expect that. I honestly felt that they would ride closer to the 40-60 hour mark a week being a professional and that's all they do..Mostly..haha I'll likely find out the hard way it's alot of hours. But I'm in good shape, and I've spent months like that with friends learning a new course, or a mountain pass :lol:

I might only commit a few months to that much riding, then slow up a bit. I've got little dirt experience, so I"m fully prepared to spend alot of time on base level skills so my 2014 season can be as successful as possible.

Man both those bikes look good! Arggg Hard chooses!
  19. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TXC310, WR300, 85 125WR, 82 175XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
    I'll throw in my 2cents. I have both, 09wr300 & 12txc310. Don't have much time on the 310 but I can tell you it turns much better than the wr, but also not sayin the wr turns bad. I had a hard time getting it to turn until I went with Vinduro's sag #s for the front also. Had way too much spring in forks. Put the stock back in & voila!! Now the wr turns very well, just realize that the WR300 is a hammer!! It'll plow through stuff that makes weaker bikes wet themselves. Now a newer 300 prolly handles closer to my txc I think. It will depend on what & how you're gonna ride, but the txc will have closed cartridge forks, plus the button if that's important...........
  20. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The new WR's turn just like the old ones.

Yes the x-lights handle great...but 20hrs a week riding will wear them out quick.