1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Losing power after getting on the pipe

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by pro4100, Sep 16, 2013.

1. pro4100 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 250
    Well that wasnt it.... Now its worse & doing it when I am powering up hills now too...... I just dont know what to do.......
  2. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Take you silencer off and go ride.Sounds like maybe it is plugged and needs to be repacked.
  3. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    Have you taken off the left side power valve cover to make sure everything is ok there? Maybe run it with the left side cover off to make sure the PV is working properly?
  4. pro4100 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 250
    not with it off but using the wrench it seems fine to me as I let it go but I will try that out just in case. I am taking it apart anyway tonight. Someone thought it might be that my carb is pre ignighting?? as I was riding back and forth past him. the problem is that i cannot test it out just reving up the engine. Seems fine that way and not till I ride the bike and I cannot do that in my neighborhood either.
  5. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    if the problem is under heavy load and after about 5-10 seconds of full throttle look for a blockage of the exhaust, if your WR has a spark arrestor I would look there first
  6. sned2502st Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR250
    I second the power valve, because of the sound you are hearing. I had a 2001 Honda CR250 do it and it just needed to be cleaned. My WR started doing it last race and I cleaned it, and it doesnt seem to be doing it now. Kawi KDX's were known for that also.
  7. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    could have a blocked intake in the venturi of the carb you know the two little ones that are on the intake side occasionally they can gum up with oil. carb clean the entire unit while your there
  8. pro4100 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 250
    then I guess I didnt clean the PV all the way I guess then. time for the head to come off once again... crap... :(
  9. Idacurt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 WB177
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa 175
    My wr125 also has symptoms like this,usually when I'm pulling a long hill and it's on the pipe it will start cutting out when I'm up there in the rpm's,when I blip the throttle it will come back on and then start missing again when I hit high rpm's again, It has done this for years with three different carbs and now the lectron so I don't think it's the float level and my PV is clean and tight??
    Could this be a CDI issue?
  10. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"
    If I am reading all this correctly, I am still thinking power valve because after your last cleaning and tightening of that bolt you said it got worse, right? I feel for ya!!!
  11. pro4100 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 250
    I think i found the issue. Small tear/hole in the Union from the reed cage to carb boot. I think it was sucking air and almost seized the engine so finding out tonight.
    juicypips likes this.
  12. sned2502st Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR250
    Power valve is sticking.
  13. kx3089 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    Whille working on my 08 wr250 I installed my clutch cover and somehow pushed the pin out of the top of the power valve assembly.It was gutless,but with the side cover off and running on stand it gave the appearance of functioning somewhat properly.It would still move but not quite as much as it should have.Found the pin on the magnetic drain plug.Make sure all your pieces are in place.