1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Low end grunt - wr 125 Keihin /144

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by rockdancer, Aug 8, 2010.

1. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    cheers - maybe a little easier to wheelie?
  2. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Gearing I believe is a matter of opinion and does depend on where you ride. To me I myself would definetly lengthen the chain if I went to a 52 tooth rear (just like Jay says you must) I do not want my STABILITY effected at all because of a shorter wheelbase. I understand you guys on the carb issue but for me the stock one works great. ( and still to me if it were so great after all these years why does'nt Jay Hall do it! Hold the puppy wide open and it should work with either carb!! 144 makes life a bit easier then the 125 for me. Stuff seems more critical on the 125. Some guys say 12 to 49 is best and then you do n ot have to add to the chain! Good luck!
  3. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I think even an expert would benefit from the better response down low.
    To me though its more a matter of survival almost if i need the power its has to be there. I think the keihin carb ith JD jetting is worth a try and good value for money - if it helps. I ll put an order in .
    In regard to the wheel base the balance of the bike may be affected but when you look at a YZ 125 for example - its 30mm shorter in overall length and is an easier bike to turn on so it may have advantages.
  4. dirt-dude Husqvarna
    AA Class

For moto we run long chains with the axle way back for stability
    in the woops, for tight technical woods we run short chains with
    the axle very forward for quicker turning. Where we do our woods
    riding, wide open isn't an option but we can get medivac in in about
    7 minutes if you want to try.
  5. Tom Husqvarna
    A Class

I can generally do some pretty steep hill starts on mine. You'll find the 144 a nice upgrade.

My mate was riding my bike on an MX track and I was watching, he was keeping up fine with 250fs out of corners but you do have to go all the way back to 2nd and slip the crap out of it.
  6. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Im going for new 13f 52r sprockets and keihin carb ( courtesy of MZ)first so will see how that goes
    Mainly as the 12t front will wear out quicker due to less teeth and more stress
    Id like to see how it goes next to yours ( my old bike)
    BTW Stefan Everts reckons he doesnt like to use the clutch or rear brakes in corners
    Obviously he has talent but I think I need to work on increased corner speed instead of locking it up and sliding into corner and bogging down ..
  7. Tom Husqvarna
    A Class

Definitely. Coming from downhill mountain biking where there is no engine to regain your momentum, corner speed is everything. I run 13-50 gearing; taller than what you had it.