1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc More praise for the WB 165

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Russ Henry, May 27, 2013.

1. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Just buy one I have a 38mm lectron on my cr 165 and after 1.5 hour race of a mix of very fast and very slow no spooge out silencer. I do think I might need to run race gas at 25% because at long wide open sections I do think I hear a little knock so I just shift up but it would be nice to just hold it a little longer so II do no damage. Plug looks perfect I have never seen a plug so overall tan. My bike does have 210 psi compression. I was thinking about trying it on my 2012 ktm 250sx but the bike already brutal fast for mx but I am sure the 38mm lectron would improve it even more
    ray_ray likes this.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    the 165 can be whatever you want. depending on pipe and setup. It is an amazing motor Walt built. I have ridden about 8 flavors of this motor now and they can be drastically different but all amazing.

my 165 - smooth mid range monster, 165, Lectron, Doma KTM 200 pipe, reed stops flipped for low end, PERFECT power for me

Blakes 165 - PC KTM200 pipe / Lectron less low and mid but screaming top end power, way more than 125

Brandon (PC) 165 - high comp head, race gas, fmf HUGE power, like a 250

it is simple to set this 165's up for whatever you need
    johnnyboy and john01 like this.
  3. DaveG321 Husqvarna
    A Class

My video ride on the Lectron test ride was 40 + miles of tight trails and I still had almost a 1/2 tank of feul left in my IMS 3 GAL. tank.No reason not to love this bike,even an old guy at the controls can have a blast on the 165.
  4. slo rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 YZ250
    I was dealing with some knocking issues in the upper RPM due to too thin of a base gasket, so I can't comment on the longer pull. I will say it is much cleaner and crisper down low and overall the power feels more linear.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    typeone likes this.
  6. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Slo rider what did you do to stop high rpm knock change base gasket, race gas.
  7. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    another for slo rider... what gasket were you running?
  8. slo rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 YZ250
    I was running a 0.5mm. I swapped it out for a 0.8 per Walt's recomendation and all the knocks went away.
    john01 and typeone like this.
  9. Russ Henry Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310
    When I install the 38 Electron. I will also need to add the .8 base gasket ?
  10. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

So what is the knock. I hope it not metal on metal and hope a little race gas can up octane enough to stop it.
  11. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    It is likely "mechanical hammering" commonly called pinging or detonation....it's not metal-on-metal, but you are hearing the metal resonate from shockimpact. You can up the octane (it will tolerate the combustion pressures), lower the compression (will lower the combustion pressure), or retard the timing a bit (will lower the combustion pressure). In some machines / states of tune, just richening it up a bit will eliminate it.
  12. slo rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 YZ250
    No. Yours probably already has the 0.8 gasket in there. My kit was missing the base gasket so I sourced one from Taskys and ended up with the 0.5.
  13. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

If you run race gas you will eliminate the knock or even a 50:50 mix will probably do the trick. I run 50:50 mix of pump premium and 100LL av gas. Great combination and relatively inexpensive.
  14. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Before I had lectron with a mikuni being very crazy rich and lots of spooge it would still knock at very high rpm with high load. So I will try a 1/3 vp c12 mix with premium should put octane around 97-98 and see how it works.
  15. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Just a up date ran a 1/3 vp c12 mix this weekend and bike quit it high rpm knock. It did seem a little less crisp not a lot but a little down low. Did not hesitates just not as crisp right off idle would richen up bottom end help bring back a little of bottom end snap. Thanks for help and hope this help anybody else with this problem since it worked for me.
  16. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    I do have an issue with High RPM knock

I did put already 2 base gaskets in the assembling but when revving it open to High RPM I do hear the knocking sound

I am limited with my gas choice as I only can buy from the pump premium (octane95) and knowing that the chance is big its mixed with cheaper additives

or buying the gas from the countryside road while riding and that's the 91 octane with guaranteed mixed with cheaper additives

the lubrication I do is 1:40 but I am not revving it all out as the sound is not healthy

low and mid rpm is not an issue its only on the wide open stretches that you want to rev it out and all what I do now is modulating with the throttle

In one way happy that the trails I ride is 95% mid RPM work where the motor shines it best in my opinion

would octane boosters (only Wurth is available here) be an answer? not cheap though

Robert-Jan
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I was praising the crap out of my 165 racing a 120 mile 7 hours ISDE this Saturday as it pulled me up 2000 foot silty climbs at 8400 feet. This motor just continues to impress. Awesome.
  18. slo rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 YZ250
    Which 2 gaskets are you running?

I tried octane booster in my KTM 200 and noticed no difference.
  19. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Octane boosters are a waste of time. The amount you have to add to actually significantly raise the octane rating is close to 50%. Then there are other problems using that much not counting the cost.
    Motosportz and K.Forte' like this.
  20. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    2x 0.8 makes it 1.6

never used the octane booster it seems to me not cheap here

Robert-Jan