More trail clearing (pix)

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Motosportz, Jul 6, 2010.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    You certainly have a good attitude 4 sure ... we used to clean a few trails on our side but carrying chainsaws on the bikes is a bit of a hassle ... Plus our saws suck ;0 ... We would move what we could and then leave the rest ....

The GOV usually does a ~pretty good effort in clearing the trails where we ride on the north side of GPNF ... They are usually ~pretty close behind the snow melt I'd say ... within GOV standards, they are great as they get it done each year ;)

I should have said GOV bs instead of rip ... I'm sure the GOV has a program for this stuff ... and it works just as most GOV programs ....

Those trails are GOV land and should be kept open accordingly... Most people money for this but many might help if paied n cash and were supplied with a saw ... I'm actually surprised the GOV allows this help as for the liability issues ... Tree cutting is very dangerous ....

Nice video! & you guys are fast!

What do you mean loose the area? Is this inside GPNF?
  2. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Good work Kelly,:thumbsup:

We do the same around here. Between trail grooming and stage area clean up...It's all hard work and the more help the better.

I must confess though... we leave a lot of windfall on the trails and if we do decide to take out a section of the log...it's only big enough to fit a bike...not a quad.:busted:
  3. schweikert Husqvarna
    B Class

Mate i checked the youtube footage and it looks great. You should come over to oz and try our trails!
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Like everywhere else the greenies are fighting to get us motorized guys out. It's stupid and they will loose out on all the work they don't realize we do. But the bottom line is there is no more funds for the GOV to keep the trails in shape. If it is not kept in shape largely by volunteers we stand a good chance to loose it. I ride this area almost exclusively in the summer and have no issues helping out. I feel it is somewhat of a right of passage for the many years i have enjoyed the place. Can't always take, gotta give back at some point. :cheers:
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Would love to. I have an open invite to my Australian distributors where there are bikes and place waiting for me. It just time and $$$ keeping it from happening. :D
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    wowo ... I didn't know that ... I know money is short as it always is ... usa has a problem with priories :( ... from the videos, I'd say the riding sucks on mars ;(

They should just open it up .... Let the people have it back ...

You probably don't remember it but in the 90s the GOV had no budget and it actually 'shut down' for ~6 months and we all survived during this FED shutdown ...

As far as giving back .... I know we have carried much more garbage out of there than we ever hauled in ... I could never understand why people go up there and trash the place ... that plastic stuff will be there a generation before it goes away ....
  7. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Nice photos (as usual) Kelly!

And good for you for going the extra mile :thumbsup:

WoodsChick