Motocross Action - WR300 Kearney Replica

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Valhalla, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Beefeaters up Husqvarna
    B Class

Ray Ray, how accurate is your info on the 11/12 engines? Thanks.
  2. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I just pulled the head on mine. 6 hrs on the bike. squish was a whopping
    .083 and compression was pretty weak at 135psi. I sent it over to rb designs to work his magic. I would bet , the bulk of the found gains were in the head work.
  3. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Seriously? I've always heard that Husky smokers were pretty tight from the factory. I'll have to give Ron a call and see what he thought about your head after he's had a chance to work it.

Please post a report once you get it back, please.
  4. kx3089 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    Just did top end on my 08 250.Squish was about .080. Sent it to RB Designs to have set at .045.With a fresh top,PV adjusted correctly,keihin AS and head mod, it is awesome.
  5. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

On my 125 the squish was very good at 1.2mm. If I put in the optional thin base gasket that would have put the it at 1mm which is about ideal. I had Ron do the head anyway and it made a small improvement. I wonder if my bike just was close due to random production tollerences or it the 250/300 is just set way loose.

PC - You probably know this already but Ron is local for us.
  6. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I know Ron pretty well. Bring him dirty parts and tell him I put you up to it. He will not be amused :D

He setup my yz head at .045" and reshaped the bowl. It was the best money I spent on that motor. I'm going to eventually bring him the WR head for squish work and a compression bump.

Are the OEM piston cast or forged? Anyone re-ring their stockers?
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    It is really just a guess from what is being said on these different newsgroups ... Lots of speculation on the new models for the 011 / 012 time frames ...

One guy was writing the bike companies will scale back through these down economic times and another was writing about 23 new models for the next 3 years ... we'll have to wait and see ... :)

That engine has been around for years from what I have been reading online and its day will come to an end, someday as all others do ... I wish I could have kept my 02 CR250 but it did not fit in my plans for the future ...
  8. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The piston looks to be cast flat top. The combustion chamber is radiused pretty hard like for a domed piston. I wonder if that is why Pro Circuit used the GG domed piston.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    You guys looking for more power? Or just better throttle response? I can;t imaging needing more power out of a hot running 300.

- Tim, you going to The Dez100?
  10. Foxhunter Husqvarna
    B Class

Can maybe somebody scan this article for the european husky fans ? Would be really interesting for us.

Thanks in advance !
  11. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I wouldn't mind a little more snap from the bottom. Especially after the PC pipe. I think a compression bump is just what the doctor ordered.

I would opt for the GG domed piston, but I think I read somewhere that they're pretty expensive.