My 360 miles this weekend on my TE511 report

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Motosportz, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    So buddy Ken has a cabin that is 120 miles by highway. Between our houses in Vancouver WA and his cabin is nothing but endless amazing deep woods. Mt Adams, Helens and Rainer are all in this area as well as the Columbia gorge so it is nothing but epic wilderness. We have for a few years talked about riding from our houses to his cabin on dirtbike using as much off road as we can. So we finally did it this last weekend. I mapped it all out, many options to take. Sent Ken the GPX file, loaded our stuff and off we go.

Get gas and few supplies and head out. Out fist stop was 10 miles down the road to put on our rain gear. Oh well, no dust. :D

[IMG]

5 miles up the road and the route already starts giving. nice river with a big ass waterfall. Fun...

[IMG]

[IMG]

And away we go. Part of my route plan includes the Washington Backcountry discovery route. that did not disappoint. GREAT fun fast gravel roads smooth and ripe for massive powerslides and wheelies :>) here my GPS route to us to a nice view...

[IMG]

but unfortunately lead us to an old decommissioned road so a little back tracking was in order

[IMG]

Next time I want to leave earlier and not have a time to get to our destination because there were a lot of sweet 2 track and trail outt here to poach.

[IMG]

So Ken and I are blowing up this amazing gravel road and blow right through our turn we are having so much fun. See the 40 foot skidmarks.

[IMG]

yep, we need to turn here...

[IMG]

Did not make Lunch stop til 3:30, were planning on 1. :) really good food at a cool place in trout Lake WA, a little nothing town.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Sunshine and food, good times. (Ken)

[IMG]

drying my boots and stretching my toes some...

[IMG]

such a nice place

[IMG]

Foods here and Ken seems happy ha ha ha

[IMG]

Lets go do 80 more super fun miles Ken...

[IMG]

[IMG]

right after this pic we went around the lake and on our path to fine 2 crazy drunk guys in a side by side that offered all kinds of wrong info. :>) Then we busted past a truck stuck deep in the snow and down another long very fun old road to another much bigger lake and then onto the cabin.

Kens very nice little cabin in the woods...

[IMG]

Day one complete, time for beer and ribs!!!

[IMG]
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    After being rained on half the day on Sat we were hoping for sunny and 65 like the weatherman said. Nope, more rain. Oh well, we have the right gear. Took a completely different path home. Rode through the Gifford OHV area so we took advantage of the trails on hand.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

After some nice single track we hit some pavement and onto some backroads and off the path stuff to end up where we thought we might find some friends riding. we did, in fact the forest was littered with our friends. The little DS road we came out on ended right at buddy Jake and Rory trucks.

Pro rider Rory Sullivans truck, him and jake and crew were out on an epic adventure and almost ended up in the woods for the night. Sounds like that was an epic day.

[IMG]

Down the road a spell and turn into an area and see buddy Ricks truck. No pix.

then down the road some more to see how buddy Rollie is doing. He is out riding his wife tells us. As we are about to leave him and another guy arrive and one of their buddies had snapped a chain. He made it back down tot he pavement and they were getting the truck to rescue him. Looks like everyone is having an adventure today.

Then down the mountain to the town of Cougar for some gas at 80 miles. Then another 60 or so home.

[IMG]
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The trip was very successful. Zero bike issues even though we packed 20 pounds of crap just in case. Only issue was Kens bike blew the headlight bulb, we could not find one so he road the 160 plus miles home without.

what I learned...

1. Want to plan more time. even though Saturday was 6.5 hours on the bike there was a lot fo stuff to look at we could have hit. Ken has some people at his cabin and was more head down lets get to the cabin than I wanted to be. Leave earlier and have no time constraints is my plan for next time.

2. The Kenda 270 is a great do it all rear tire.

[IMG]

3. The cheap Bilt brand plastic waterproof pants were a blessing. That and a garbage bag vest and I was toasty and warm there whole way even in some pretty hard rain.

4. my 45 rear sprocket was perfect. Cruse 55 and still be able to do trails.

5. Kens KTM 350 got 50 MPG while my bike got 39. Then again my bike feels like it has 20 more HP. we were both good for 120 plus miles as setup which next time I'll be able to plan a little less worried about fuel. We had plenty even after the 80 mile legs. My Nomad tank works flawlessly.

[IMG]

6. My motosportz damper was very nice to have. Yeah, sure, thats a product plug but made the ride so much more relaxed. I turned it up for the fast gravel and it ruled.

7. My new FMF pipe and mods worked fantastic. Gobs of power, OK noise level and zero EFI or running issues. Runs fantastic. ZipTy suspension was amazing again. ZipTy oil upgrades worked perfect. Could not be more happy with the bike.

[IMG]

8. time for new chain and sprockets and some love and do it all again.

[IMG]

So fun. This has been a great do it all bike for me. Off to the next adventure...
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    likex10
    supervision likes this.
  5. Russ Henry Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310
    Nice! I want to do more of that
  6. dave lindsey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XCW/2012 CRF230F
    Excellent pics...your getting good with that camera...I felt I was there on the ride.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Thanks. All taken with my cell phone. :thumbsup:
    Tinken likes this.
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Sounds like lot of miles ... Those 450s are the bikes for type rides DS rides ... They'd problem be perfect size to loop around this and other islands ...

That lake and run-off over those falls ...that's the PNW ...
  9. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    You have it real good there Mate. What magnificent scenery and riding areas. Bet there is a truck load of single trail out your way.
    Cheers for sharing.
    Motosportz likes this.
  10. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Nice! I love riding gnarly singletrack on the 2-stroke, but fast dual sporting is a real blast too. Looks like perfect roads out there. I have ridden a bunch of stuff in southern OR, but nothing up near you (yet). Oregon:

[IMG]

[IMG]
    bigjon and Motosportz like this.
  11. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Great report Kelly!
    Looks like heap of fun :)
    I need to take more pics when I'm out, I have endless hours of helmet can footage, almost no pics.

Keep up the good work :)
    Motosportz likes this.
  12. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    We use that Kenda 270 on our 310 dual sport tour bikes, I like it better than the trials tires. I am intrigued how you like it on your 511 though since it is really narrow. Must just be terrain, it is far too closed of a pattern for loamy soils on 500.
    Motosportz likes this.
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Narrow? I got the 510 one (largest) and think it is about perfect. About like a 120 I usually run. The tire is really impressing me. I have done some real slick mud and clay with it and it did as well as the knobs on bikes I was with. I run 5-6 psi off road and 10 psi to this trip, hooks up well. Like the reports I have read it floats around some, feels kinda squirmy at times but never lets go or slides out to far. I find it very predictable. I very good all around tire that lasts forever.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yeah but honestly I wanted more. I would have rode more stuff both days. Would have also been fine with another day or two of it. I'm a little silly that way. I was with my two day limit friend, I have other friends that would not bat an eye at more in fact demand it.
  15. lineman12345678 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I like to see I'm your two day limit friend? I would love to be able to have no obligations or responsibilities to be able to check out for a week or two. My family obligations just don't allow it but I'm very fortunate and happy to get away for "two days" at time. You are definitely a motorcycle nut and want to ride more then another person I know though.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    :thumbsup:

Jake :D

You said yesterday 2 days was your limit. Thanks for dropping my stuff off. That was a blast.
  17. lineman12345678 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm going to be in Packwood again the weekend after the 4th. I'm bringing my bike to explore if you have any interest in meeting up somewhere.
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

good possibility. theres a lot of great DS north of there and piles of killer single track too!
  19. BarberPole Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT225
    I've trail ridden an 04 XT225 for several years now and I can remember when the K270 was the predominant tire
    5 or more years ago among the XT crowd.
    It's interesting that it's finding it's way around the Husky folks.

I just picked up a K510 also for my 610 to replace a T63.

The K760 tread is a cheap, great "digger" tire also for many terrains........but a little buzzy on tarmac.

Oh no. Another tire thread. Sorry.
  20. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    Awesome trip report, Kelly. Spectacular pics and scenery as always. :thumbsup:
    Motosportz likes this.