1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc My cylinder is a paper weight -- what years will fit?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Cosmokenney, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Thanks for posting this awesome find. Unfortunately the part numbers are different between this and my 2009. I can't believe the price of this. It's basically the cost of a piston kit!
    Without a power valve I'm screwed as I believe my power valve and side valves were shaved during the over-bore. I'm coming up empty everywhere I look because I need the entire top end cylinder, head and power valve. All were machined and completely questionable as to their re-usability at this point. And there is a new problem we discovered in that the bike, even those the plug looks like it's running rich, cylinder is super hot after 5 minutes of warm up.
  2. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Maybe you could snag one and then get the older power valves used off ebay
  3. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    Super hot suggests your ignition is too far advanced. Have you strobed it?
    Have you contacted millennium falcon for their side of the story.
    Just realised that 250 cylinders from halls cycles, give them a bell an see if they can hook up pvs to.
  4. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    He's already got his mind set on a new bike, that's what is going on ;)
  5. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    I know but would fetch more money off the bikes working than selling it as a growing concern.

Or part it out. That's a good earner sometimes.
  6. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Yea I contacted them several times. So did the California office of the attorney general, consumer protection division. In a long winded response millennium proclaims that they could not possibly have done any wrong (which is comical considering they sent it to me the first time with a hole in the exhaust port), and that it is me who somehow did something wrong when installing the cylinder. They went on to say that I should bring it to a qualified mechanic. Which is what I did. And he can't figure out what's wrong either. I've now spent another $200 + labor because he thought the GasGas piston that came with the millennium kit might have something to do with it do to a lack of a cutout on the intake side. We, just this week, replaced it with a Vertex WR300 piston and it's doing the same freeking thing.
  7. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    ... and millennium won't return my emails now.
  8. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    That's partially true. I'm done with husky, not because of this issue -- directly. But because KTM took over and is farking us over on parts. I keep hearing how they need to keep supply on-hand for 7 - 10 years from date of manufacture. This is a 2009, so where the heck are the parts?
    juicypips and 454x like this.
  9. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gutted well I'm sad to hear that they are messing you about.
    Not too much you can do in another country, that's always a risk i suppose.

What you going to get instead beta? Yammy?
  10. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Really want a Beta. Though that's a stretch for my budget. I might just end up with an older YZ250 with an 300 kit on it.
    juicypips likes this.
  11. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Don't know how to strobe it. The service manual talks about a special tool for timing adjustment and the directions are barely understandable.
  12. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Right have you access to a timing strobe?
    First thing you do is pull plug out and put a pencil down the bore to determine tdc. Then felt pen a mark on your rotor and the case directly in line to each other.

Now remove pencil and re install plug. Hook up strobe to the ht lead and start the engine. Pull the trigger on the strobe and the line won't line up. Mark on the case with engine running where the line is.
    Rev engine the mark will move forward that's your advance so that's working.

Kill the engine, measure the circumference of your roter and divide by 360 that will give you how many mill each degree of timing is.

So you have two lines one tdc and one before it how far before it is how far advanced your timing is.
    Think thats all there is to it.
    NCSteve likes this.
  13. Miezie666 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2x YZ 125, 1x YZ250 2005, XT600 2KF
    i have an old WR 250 Barrel from a 2013 WR250 wich is damaged on the exhaust port- is that something i can help with?

Also i bought one of halls 250 kits and running it on my wr- such a great deal! but your right- this wont fit on the newer bikes without modifications.
  14. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Do you mean the one linked to above won't fit? That's my understanding too.
    I am waiting for Husky USA to get back to me to see if they can get me new WR300 parts. If they can't then I may hit you up for some power valve parts if the PV is still in the damaged cylinder.
  15. Miezie666 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2x YZ 125, 1x YZ250 2005, XT600 2KF
    Yes- the cylinder from Halls will bolt on the 99/00 bikes with no problem- newer bikes do Run a different Power valve.