My EJK chronicle

Discussion in 'TR650' started by V8Astro, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Baddrapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    I have the pod mod, cats removed and opened up the inner baffle with 1 1/2 hole saw. I was running the wukka but removed it with the EJK. I have commitments for today but I will be on the bike all day tomorrow. I had it at redline yesterday and it was rich at around 12.0 to 12.5. I am not going to worry about the redline because I am old and slow.
  2. Baddrapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    I do think the bikes need a fueler no matter which way you go. Anything is better than stock. The performance is way worth it.
    V8Astro likes this.
  3. V8Astro Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Strada / 2008 SMR510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki GS500, Yamaha TR125L
    I'm curious to see what settings you arrive on red. Anything more than .5 felt real lazy to me.

Also if your green/blue setting isn't "1"it shouldnt be working at idle. Is you idle AFR richer with the settings you posted?
  4. Craig Hashey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    1984 Harley FXWG, 2003 Harley FLSTS
    Any updates? I have a Wiseco unit showing up in the mail tomorrow.
  5. Baddrapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    I really like the ejk. I did a 10 day ride through Utah. We started out doing the UTBDR but one of the riders dropped out of the ride. It left just two of us so we decided to hang out in Moab for a couple of days.

My bike ran perfect during the ride. I hit mountains at 11000 feet and she purred like a kitten. I am very happy with my results. I had smooth idle and no flameouts. Easily lugged at slow speed with great throttle response.
    Craig Hashey and Geeza like this.
  6. Geeza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Good to hear the Dobeck unit is working out well, can you please post your final settings. Thank you.
  7. V8Astro Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Strada / 2008 SMR510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki GS500, Yamaha TR125L
    What settings did you use?
  8. Baddrapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    I will have to check the bike. I will post later today. Just remember what I like might not be what you like. Play with the settings. They put safeties in the program to where we can not add too much fuel. They told if I felt a certain area needed more fuel they will adjust the program for more fuel.
  9. Craig Hashey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    1984 Harley FXWG, 2003 Harley FLSTS
    My Wiseco FCM038 was in the mail box when I got home from work on Monday 9/15 and installed it on the bike that evening. Easy 10 minute deal. I ran it to and from work all week and the bike was running great. Friday morning I wanted to make a small adjustment before leaving for work so I pulled the seat and fired the bike up. The module started normally but when I pressed the mode button all of the LED lights went dark. I shut down and tried to start up again but still no go. Tried disconnecting the unit and reconnecting and nothing... The unit still seemed to be working properly so I decided to just head into work as is. The bike still ran great so I checked the unit when I got to work and the lights were still out. I called Dobeck a little later in the day and spoke with Patrick in customer service and and told him what was happening. He got with a tech while I waited on the line. The tech figures that there is a problem with the hot wire or possibly the wire cam away from the board some how. They emailed me a warranty claim form and asked me to fill it out and send the unit back to them. They are working on an EJK specifically for the TR650 now and once the receive mine they are going to replace it with the new one. Can't complain about that type of customer service at all.
  10. Geeza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Good to hear Dobeck are living up to their reputation of excellent customer service.
    I have been in correspondence with Dillon from Dobeck and feeding him some of the info/figures from the EJK thread (great work guys) and asked if the Gen 3.5 would be a better option than the BMW gen 3 unit that people are using, feedback to date is that they are keen to set one of the units up specifically for the TR. Would offer my bike to them but its a tad far to go!
    V8Astro likes this.
  11. Baddrapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    These are the settings I am currently running 7.5/ 5.5/ 4 / 1 / 2 / 3. It eliminated the ping under hard acceleration. I was riding in Utah and the highest elevation was just over 10,000 feet. The bike ran great. No flameouts or stalls. I wish I would of had a 14 tooth counter sproket for the really rocky sections.
    wferrari and V8Astro like this.
  12. Baddrapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Fuel mileage bounced around from 50 to 55 miles per gallon. It really depended on the trail conditions. I also had about 60 pounds of gear and a 1 gallon rotopax on the rear rack. I carried too much stuff and food. I was happy eating breakfast at a mom and pop cafe then just eating some nuts later in the day. I had too much food and will eliminate some gear.
  13. wferrari Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    V-Strom
    I tried your settings, as the ones I was using were indeed causing some pinging. I have to say that, now that the weather has cooled down, your settings seem to work very well. What AFR ratio are you generally getting with these settings?
  14. Baddrapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    I was getting around 13.5 overall. It would drop down to around 12.5-13.0 in the upper full throttle above 6900 to red line.
    V8Astro, Quirky and wferrari like this.
  15. broadwayron Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 520RR
    I need to install my EJK soon- maybe this weekend. I'm at sea level and have the pod mod, but that's all I've done.
    I see Baddrapp is running 7.5/ 5.5/ 4 / 1 / 2 / 3.
    How about V8Astro, or others?
    I'm hoping to get lucky on the setting I start with, because I don't have time to be messing with the settings while I'm out on rides. (Plus, it's a real hassle when you live in a major city.)
    PaulC likes this.
  16. dmw_az Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    500hp Dodge SRT4
    I'll be ordering one of these soon. Dillon @ Dobeck said that somebody is testing out the current BMW 650 unit on his Husky and once the bugs are worked out, then he will release a unit specific for the TR650. Is that somebody in this thread?

On the drive home from work last night, I attempted to pull out onto a busy street, and the bike stalled on me. It was not a good situation.
  17. wferrari Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    V-Strom
    I've being using baddrapp settings for a while, and with cool weather I think they work fine. I adjusted them a little, so that the bike does not ping and yet does not become too dull under hard acceleration. so now my settings are the following: 7/5.5/2/1/2/3
  18. Baddrapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Glad to hear it is working for you. I might back off some fuel on the top now it is starting to cool off. I had a horrible ping but that was when it was around 100 degrees every day. I have noticed our fuel sucks in California.
  19. broadwayron Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 520RR
    So... are we supposed to have to adjust the EJK for ambient temp (like, on hot days)? I thought this was pretty much "set it and forget it", but I'm guessing I was wrong.
    If we have to constantly adjust for things like weather, that will probably drive me crazy.
  20. Baddrapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    No. I set mine and did the utah BDR. It ran fantastic every where. I like to mess with stuff. Just the way I am. I am really happy with the results. No stalls, lean backfires, no stumbling, no pings and idles great.