My non-Husky motorcycle, ok it's not even a dirtbike

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by Dauer, May 25, 2015.

1. Dauer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1992 WXC 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    '89 Yamaha TDR250, '01 ATK 605
    '84 Yamaha RZ350 Kenny Roberts signature. Ironically enough sharing only the color scheme and the fact that it's a liquid cooled, power valve two-stroke with his race bike. Ok, so it also has two wheels. IMG_20150522_185446.jpg IMG_20150522_185434.jpg IMG_20150522_185421.jpg
  2. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    very sweet, im down with any street legal bike that has chambers! i would love to get some sort of yamaha rd, i wouldnt even look for an rz as they are so rare, nice bike!
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  4. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I sold my red and white RZ500v4. They were outlawed here when new. These were imported in from Canada as used.
  5. Dauer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1992 WXC 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks guys. It really is a hoot to ride as you can imagine. It's impossible to go anywhere on the bike and not get into a conversation regarding it. Would love to ride a RZ500, given the skyrocketing value of those things I don't think it will be happening soon, that is unless any of you chaps have one you want to loan out :)
  6. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I bought the RZ500v4 for $3,500. It was worth $8,500. The guru who taught me about dirt bikes and motorcycles always wanted one. I sold him mine for $3,500. To say thanks for all his help. It sounded awesome.
  7. Dauer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1992 WXC 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    Very cool, I believe they call that Karma. Yeah, when that V4 comes on pipe it has to sound mean.
  8. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 wr 430 with cr suspension
    Other Motorcycles:
    66flh,67 CA77,76 CR125M,73H1,74ty250
    Luv the RD & RZ's. But I would be tickled pink to have my H1 rebuilt. (funds R low) Two strokes are just cool!
  9. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    The guy I purchased my mint RZ500v4 from had the Kawie 750 2t too for sale I think he had a RD also. This was 15 years ago.

The guy who has my RZ now has it all tweaked. He jetted it and she sounds awesome.

King Kenny our American hero.
  10. Dauer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1992 WXC 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    Really, he was/is thrilling to watch. Never get tired of watching his epic win at the "magic mile" in Indy when he rode that flat tracker with the TZ750 motor in it and came outta nowhere on the final straight and took the checkered flag. Simply fantastic.
  11. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    It makes me pissed off at our government that we can't still buy that bike new. :oldman:
    justintendo likes this.
  12. Dauer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1992 WXC 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    I concur, but that is a whole other can of worms. The term 2-stroke has been black balled. I wager to say even if a 2t motor was produced that met emission standards (which I'd imagine is quite feasible with direct injection/catalytic converter, if not already a reality) the simple fact that it is a 2t would kill it before it gained any traction. There are individuals that are far more versed in the subject than I but that is the impression I get. I'm sure it's more complicated than I perceive. Here's to hoping, fingers crossed.
  13. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    2t boat engines meet the standards the big engines on the bassboats. I believe fuel injection and oil injection is why.
    Motosportz likes this.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    2 stroke street bikes never sold well. RZ350's were sitting in showrooms heavily discounted years after being discontinued. I kick myself for not buying new RZ350's at crazy reduced prices. Almost did. Smaller displacement and 2 stroke bikes have always been a hard sell in the USA. I see no advantage to a 2st street bike over the current amazing 4 stroke ones. It is what it is.
  15. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    No advantage? The 4 cylinder 2t sounds super neat going down the street. It's a hoot to ride.

My buddy has a RZ tweeted with the high compression heads and pipes.

I think he was one of the first ones to build a motard in my area using a Honda XR600R getting the idea from the European mortards.
  16. Dauer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1992 WXC 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    Right, all you have to do is look to the marine and snowmobile industry to see the how clean and efficient a 2t can be.

Given the rising value of RZ's and most 2t street bikes I'm sure you're not the only one kicking yourself. Part of the reason for the increasing value is the scarcity and the fact that the latest 2t street bike (save for the KE100) officially imported is now 30 years old adds to allure. There is no denying 4 strokes are great, for me it's not a matter of 2t having any advantage, it's a matter of that unmistakable power delivery, sound and character. Also the absence of a those pesky valves, cams, and timing belts to complicate things. Just my preference.
    justintendo likes this.
  17. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 wr 430 with cr suspension
    Other Motorcycles:
    66flh,67 CA77,76 CR125M,73H1,74ty250
    It's all about the "Fun" factor.
    justintendo likes this.
  18. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    The RZ500v4 wasn't allowed to be imported as brand new bikes. They were allowed here as used bikes. They came over the border from Canada. These were new bikes in crates marked used I believe. These went straight to dealers.
  19. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    weight, simplicity, where the weight is carried on the machine....you know, some of the same reasons a 2 stroke dirt bike is appealing. oh yeah, then theres the SOUND of a piped triple. maybe not the most practical reason but hey....
    Dauer likes this.
  20. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    for about quite a few years i had a fairly built 96 polaris indy ultra 680 triple sled, bored to 800, triple pipes, v-force, case and jug ported, and well tuned and clutched. with 196 picks it freaking ripped and ran awesome. i can only imagine having that engine hooked to a manual transmission in a steetbike. oh my. IMG_3482.JPG IMG_3483.JPG
    Dauer and oldbikedude like this.