1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

My Txc310 Is Almost Perfect

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by MikeB, Feb 19, 2012.

1. 6thgear Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    GSXR600, GSXR1100, Ninja 250
    MikeB,

Great read brother. I've just spent the last half hour reading from page 1-5 and you've put ALOT of great information out since you started the thread. As I'm getting the 310 myself, alot of your information will come in handy! Going to Fav this thread for future use.

Question I had though. Page 1 you mentioned you switched your clutch lever to your rear brake. This is totally new concept from a sport/supersport bike riders perspective. Does the recluse shifter allow you to not need the clutch at all? Sorry if this is fairly common knowledge to dirt riders I'm still learning :thinking:

So with that modification, do you completely remove the rear brake lever? I would assume you would I doubt that would connect as a clutch..lol But again, this is a completely new concept, so rather interested. I can see how having your rear brake attached to the bar would be easier to manage. Allowing you to weight a peg or lower a leg and shift weight well still being able to control the rear effectively. It was something that crossed my mind, however I didn't think it was possible till now.

Anyways, thanks for any feedback you can give! :cheers:
  2. MikeB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah 6th gear - the rekluse clutch turns the bike into a 'twist and go'. I'm 60 and started riding dirt bikes 6 years ago after riding mt bikes for a number of years so the left hand rear brake is somewhat natural. I had a long hose made by a local radiator shop to hook the clutch to the rear brake and completely removed the rear brake pedal. 'Rekluse' company makes a hand brake which allows you to retain the foot brake also. With the Rekluse it is also possible to retain normal clutch usage if you want. There are positives and negatives to the hand brake - and many searchable threads on the subject - I just never learned to use a foot brake effectively, have a huge advantage entering right hand turns on the rear brake, have a huge advantage on gnarly downhills, and don't have to worry about the bike stalling when I tip over. I can't use the clutch to explode out of turns or loft the front wheel (I still get into and out of turns fine and can loft the front with a little throttle and yank).
  3. 6thgear Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    GSXR600, GSXR1100, Ninja 250
    I see MikeB.

All Good points! Suppose well I'm training this winter I'll test out both styles and see which suites my riding style better. Thanks for getting back with me so quickly. :cheers:
  4. Micfasto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR400, Vstrom
    Pm Sent. I will have to make it one of these Sundays.