NE Husky Gathering Report

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Norman Foley, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Bill502 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR167 1978 CR250 1938 sw maus
    Other Motorcycles:
    1970 Triumph T100C 1973 Honda TL125
    Had a good time also at the Husky gathering, and match a few faces with people on this forum. Also got to give my new 07 WR125 its inauguarel mud bath and find out how much more tweaking it needs. Had to sneak out Sat. night as Joe was looking to sacrifice my sons Pumpkin to the Bonnfire (all in good fun of course) I have few pics but have to down size them first.
    Bill
  2. allphazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky te 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta 350rr & 250rr
    Here's our pics from the gathering.

Drew wasn't the only special guest to attend!
    [IMG]

Pics from the track

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Everyone just hanging out.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  3. Bill502 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR167 1978 CR250 1938 sw maus
    Other Motorcycles:
    1970 Triumph T100C 1973 Honda TL125
    Some Pics

A happy raffle winner, Joe checking the classifieds from the 80's and the barbecue.
    Bill

Attached Files:

4. lux1900 Husqvarna
    A Class

Hey all- it's John. No broken bones, just a badly sprained elbow. The ER was very impressed with Joe's sling. Thanks again for everyone's help- both pre and post crash- it was a pleasure to meet you all. And a special thanks to my ambulance driver, Pam! Can't wait until next year...
  5. Drew Smith Husqvarna
    AA Class

Johns Wing

Happy to hear that wing is not broken hope to see you soon:applause:
  6. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Another person glad for no broken bones! Heal up quickly.:cheers:
  7. Eurofreak Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1986 TE 510, 1982 CR250, 2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    70's Triumph , Bultaco , Maico, etc
    Thanks for the pics Kara! My son is on the quad-but he has a Husky jersey on. His first ride in 10-12 years. We had a great time!
    Joe's Husky blender was a bit too good-I was feelin' it the next day.
    Drew is a pleasure to hang out with and a blast to follow.
    Suspension and riding tips from a master. Terry and Thunder Ridge did a great job. I was glad for Sunday breakfast w/coffee.
    John-very glad you weren't broke. Keep it iced if it swells. That's right where the Tennis elbow starts to happen.
    Take a good look at the Husqvonda WTF 230 Kara is riding. Joe made it look much better than stock and of course it runs better too.
  8. KP Duty Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks, Pete :) The rest of the pictures we got are posted on Photobucket:

http://s599.photobucket.com/albums/tt75/expacer/Husky Gathering 2009/?albumview=grid

Didn't get too many action shots because I was too busy riding the WTF 230. I'm proud to report that I broke a footpeg on a big root (better than my foot)

The Husky Gathering was a great time and it was good to see some old friends and make some new ones. No KTMs or Honda were harmed in the building of the bonfire, and glad to hear John is OK. Hope to see him at next year's Gathering, along with Sailor Jerry, Rum Jumbie and the blender will be there if anyone needs strong painkillers. :thumbsup:
  9. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Thanks! :thumbsup:
  10. Eurofreak Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1986 TE 510, 1982 CR250, 2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    70's Triumph , Bultaco , Maico, etc
    Thanks to Bob and Pam for their pics too! Some good one of my son and of course me sweating:D
    As more of the ladies showed up this year it seems like I may get my wife to come out on her quad next year. I'll bring the XR80 for beginners and short people:thumbsup:
  11. scoobywrx05 Husqvarna
    A Class

My wife will probably be also coming to the Gathering next year.. Since this was the first year I was able to go to the Gathering, she just wanted me to scope it out for her to make sure she wouldn't be sitting by herself all weekend long.... The wife rides,,,she just rides the ones that burn hay instead of gas if ya know what I mean.
  12. Chop Suey Husqvarna
    B Class

What the heck is that four legged critter running around the track???:confused::eek:
  13. crancky1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

questions from a Aussie.

looks like great day out,
    i'm just interested in how we enjoy bikes in different countries;
    i assume that is a dedicated private bike park ?
    what sort of cost to ride at a park with that grade of facilities ?
  14. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Many riding places in the north east USA charge about $25 to $30 to ride for a day. (Camping is genaerlly extra (minimal fee)
  15. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

I wish I had just come up instead of surfing Hurricane Bill; instead surfboard driven straight into my nose while under 10 feet of water.

Now I have to wait 7 weeks to heal and then a complete nose job. It's broken in 20 places like a crushed potato chip and my septum is fractured and bent. I also missed an enduro yesterday because of this and no more riding this year. No worries though because I'm just glad I didn't get knocked out because I wouldn't have made it if I did. I do wish I had just stayed home or managed to get my other commitments cleared so I could've been riding with you all instead.

I am only going to leave this link up for a couple days as I'd rather the pic not get spread too much.

EDIT: Actually, I don't want to make you all sick so just PM if you'd like to see a pic or two.