1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc new 2 stroke husky's have cable clutches?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by jutny, Jun 16, 2010.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    ktm marketing is n wankerville? lol ... I'd say these things are a luxury item at best ... but then they are not really luxurious :) ...
  2. jutny Husqvarna
    A Class

its simple preference is all. I like the clutch feel of my two magura equipped singles, more than the feel of my cable equipped triple. It's apples to oranges, but still personal preference.

i wont let it stop me from trying and loving a wr250 though, although all this talk about the wr150 kind of has me thinking of trying out one of those... but at 190-200lbs i'm a little on the large side for the little motor (or at least i would think)

and if I DID get a WR... i'd probably upgrade the clutch perch anyway, because to me upgrading and making the bike exactly how you want it is part of the fun of riding it. I'll ride anything, but i'm very picky about how the things that I OWN are.
  3. gem Husqvarna
    A Class

I have a Hebo hydraulic over cable clutch conversion set up on my WR360. IMO it is no easier to pull than the stock WR250 cable actuated clutch. The only advantage of the hydraulic set up is that it is self adjusting.

I also tried a Magura full hydraulic conversion on an '08 Yamaha YZ250 and it was a harder pull than a Husky WR250 with a cable.

The hydraulic AJB clutch on my Beta trials bike is a different story altogether. The pull on it is so light you can do it with your pinky finger but that's not an apples to apples comparison.
  4. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165

LOL and I thought my name was bad.....:lol::lol:
  5. d7b Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sach Madass 125cc +142 big bore kit
    totally agree! i notice no difference
  6. yakka Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 '09
    Given the choice I'd have hydraulic.Had 3 bikes with them & never had a single problem.Since owning my WR300,have snapped cable,always needing to lube & adjust it, & is definitely heavier.