1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc "NEW" 2010 WR144

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by huskybear, Mar 24, 2012.

1. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    Almost ready to silence a few critics now! Just installing hand guards and waiting for carb. pieces to show up then it's trail time.:thumbsup: I will post pictures of the finished project soon (hopefully).Take care every-one:cheers:! More pics on my last post.
  2. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    Thanks for the tip on the chain! I just bought one on E-Bay. :thumbsup:
  3. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Your welcome, I put it on the bike today and there is hardly any drag when you spin the rear wheel-good stuff!:thumbsup:
  4. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Good tip! I will get them when in chain market!
  5. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Hello every-one, I thought I would post an up-date on the "project". All I am waiting for now is the carb slide and it should be good to go! Hopefully the bike will be all back together this week and I will post pics of the finished product. I will have to settle for looking at it and making motor-cycle sounds for now:lol:! I was curious if any-one knows what the top-speed of this bike will be with 13-53 gearing? (I will be riding mostly technical single-track but there will be the occasional open stretch) Thanx in advance every-one!:cheers:
  6. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Here it is every-one, all together and waiting to hit the trails! Enjoy the pics and I will post a ride report in the near future:applause:!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  7. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Sweet. Look forward to your ride report; enjoy.
  8. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Thanks every-one for the compliments and for all the info and advice in this forum, it was a great help in choosing this bike and setting it up:notworthy:. Ride report soon!:cheers:.
  9. jbankes Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR144
    Looks great! I'm in need of a chain and rear sprocket, I may try the same set-up I run a 47-48 on the rear and a 13 on the front.
  10. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    How is your bike in steep,tight single-track with that gearing? I went with 13-53 thinking that I would need the lower gearing to avoid abusing the clutch too much but I am wondering how much my top speed will suffer in the open sections.:cheers:
  11. jbankes Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR144
    I was running 12-47 before, I now am running 13-47 but am going a tad lower to 13-48 soon. It seems fine to me a little more clutching but not abusing it, first and second gear are way more usable to me in about all situations, and third is great in smooth, fast single-track.
  12. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Thanks for the input,I will try 13-53 and see how it goes. I can always go back to the stock gearing(13-50) if I run out of gears in the open sections.:cheers:.
  13. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Top speed with 13-52 on my 125 is 69 MPH... A little math says the 13-53 would be...

13-52 = .25

13-53 = 0.245283019

.25 / 0.245283019 = 0.981132076

0.981132076 x 69 = 67.698113244

or plenty fast enough.

That is with a 125, not sure how much if any loss of over rev there is on the 144. That would affect the top speed some.

Make sure you are jetted right before the tops speed pulls, or things could go squeak...

Later,
  14. jbankes Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR144
    We ride tight single-track but mostly more open woods and fast railroads my gearing seems a nice mix, it crawls good and tops out at about 80mph which just never seems fast enough :excuseme:
    But it does cruise pretty good on the long transfer areas we have to ride without having to make the bike scream. I have a 480 main in my 144, it seems a bit rich,but pulls and pulls and pulls, I may go back to a 470 or 460 and give it a try.
  15. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Thanks guys, I have a 460 main in it now. I think I should be safe at wfo!:thumbsup:
  16. 8letters Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 2009
    Hi, where i can find pistons and cylinder head for husqvarna wr 2009 144cc? I have allready found cylinder @ebay from UK with 208£ and its cheap :) Please give me links where to buy these items, europe zone please. And 144cc gasket set i need too..
  17. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Hello every-one, first ride report! 8 degrees 200' above sea level,carb settings- 45 pilot,suzuk rm needle 3rd clip pos. #5 slide,airscrew 1.5 turns out,460 main, float level 8mm ,yamalube 2r at 33:1. 13-53 gearing. Bike started with no choke and had unstable idle when warmed up, adjusting air screw had minor results. bike sputtered a bit at 1/8 to 1/4 throttle and then ran like a raped ape! Opening the throttle above 1/8 had a nice crisp response and lots of power,ran through the gears pretty fast and was at 50 mph fairly quick. Returning to the truck idle was still sputtery and lots of spooge at the end of silencer,ended up with airscrew out 2.5 turns and continued riding.WOW this thing handles! I felt like I could get away with almost anything on it! I like the gearing as well,a trials-like first to get me out of trouble if I need it and a cruising speed of around 45-50mph-perfect! After returning home, I replaced the 45 pilot with a 35 and after that I had a nice steady idle and a good throttle response with the airscrew at 2 turns out.(I may have to go smaller on the pilot). I hope that it runs better when I get it out again and the crude stops flowing out of the silencer. Riding it around in the yard it seems pretty good now!:thumbsup: I will post more as it happens!:cheers:
  18. justplayin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Told Ya about how she handles......... I think going with the 35 pilot will do the trick for you. That's what I'm running with the same main. I get a little spooge and my rear fender has a "darker' tint to it on the silencer side but it runs SO great I don't care about a little Goo. Besides, I'd rather be richer than learner.
  19. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    You were right my friend! it's like your on rails around corners:applause:! If the 35 pilot doesn't clean it up, I will lower the needle 1 position and try it out,:cheers:!
  20. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I have ordered a 30 pilot jet and I am going to try it soon. My reasoning is that I think with the smaller pilot I can gain more control over the idle/ low speed mixture with the air screw (I have it at 2 turns out with the 35 pilot now and it is pretty cool and almost at sea level).I also think that with the 30 I can turn out the idle speed screw more resulting in lowering the slide and needle and not having the needle affecting the idle/off idle mixture so much. I think that the different carb circuits over-lap more on the mikuni than the keihins and having one circuit a little off will affect the others. I will post the results!:cheers:.
    lankydoug likes this.