1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc "NEW" 2010 WR144

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by huskybear, Mar 24, 2012.

1. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    I'm running a 30 pilot on my 2012 WR144 and it runs very clean. :D
  2. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    Sounds encouraging:thumbsup:!
  3. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Finally got a 30 pilot jet installed! I had to lower the idle speed and now I have the air screw at 1 and 3/4 turns out. The bike will now idle for extended periods and will rev nice and clean with-out having to be "cleared-out" after idling or low-speed riding. I have only ridden around the yard but the signs are encouraging! I can snap the front wheel up with a crack of the throttle at walking speeds now. I also removed the fuel pet-cock and removed the gauze screen(I run an in-line filter), I found that the plastic tube for the "on" position of the pet-cock is very small and I don't know if it would flow enough fuel at sustained high rpm so I removed it. I don't have a "reserve" option with the pet-cock now since the tank will now fully drain in the "on" position but if I run out of fuel I can lean the bike over and get more fuel from the other side of the tank.(I may install another pet-cock on the right side of the tank to have a reserve fuel supply and to use all the capacity of the tank easier,there is a provision for it) I will post more as it happens,cheers every-body!:cheers:.
    lankydoug likes this.
  4. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Ride report! after installing the 30 pilot all seemed well. Went for a ride today and still had a slight blubber at 1/4 throttle under light load and some excessive spooge at the silencer end. I lowered the needle 1 clip and rode the same route,ran better but still a little blubber.I lowered the needle to the leanest position and repeated the same route again-JACK-POT! The motor pulled clean and strong from idle to wide open. After shutting the motor off after a long high-speed run, the silencer continued smoking for 5 minutes from all the residue burning off from the previous rich settings! I pulled the plug and it looks light-brown/tan. I will install a new plug and do a throttle chop test and re-check the plug (I might put a 470 main in depending on results). Does any-body know if there is supposed to be a small sealing washer between the main jet and the nozzle it sits in? Mine does not have one but I am wondering if there is supposed to be one? (mikuni tmxx). Here are my settings and I will post my final settings in the jetting database when I am done. 2010wr144,stock motor and exhaust,power-valve adjusted to 3/4 from top of slot,30 pilot,airscrew at 1.5 turns out,#5 slide,rm needle(16chy16-62) clip in top(leanest) slot,460 main jet, float height at 8 mm, 94 octane non-ethanol pump gas,yamalube2r pre-mix at 33:1, Temp-16degrees celsius, elevation-200 feet above sea level. :cheers:!
  5. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    There's no washer under the main jet
  6. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Thanks Lankydoug, I read in a post somewhere on this forum that most tmx carbs had one but I guess it is just the "old" tmx and not the "new" tmxx.:thumbsup:
  7. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

My old TMXs do not have a washer either.
  8. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I didn't think that they used a washer but I thought I would ask based on what I read in the Jetting forum.Thanks for the reply:thumbsup:.
  9. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Ride report! I just got back from a long weekend riding trip with some friends and finally got to really test the bike out. I can sum it up in one word INCREDIBLE! I rode all kinds of trails-wide open sections,twisty stuff,technical steep hill climbs,whooped-out sandy meadows,root-infested forest trails and I was laughing the whole time! My bike was up against a yz250f,kx250,and last but not least by any means a xr650. In any of the trails I was either leading or giving every-one fits with the little rocket. What a riot pulling wheelies at will and throwing the bike around instead of the bike throwing me around. Only on high-speed sections it gave up a bit to the other bikes but any-where else it was great! I could not believe the steep trails it climbed with just a little clutch work once in a while. The only issue I had was when I came to a stop after a hard run and let the bike idle it would slowly idle slower and slower and I would have to open the throttle to clean it out. I think I will try a 25 pilot jet(I have a 30 in it now and the mixture screw does not seem to cure the problem, float level is good at 8mm,needle and seat are clean) Any thoughts on this? Other than that minor problem it ran great-crisp,no bogs and great power for a small motor. I will post my carb settings in the jetting thread when I get it perfect. I am currently running 30 pilot,#5 slide, airscrew at 1.75 turns out, rm needle(16chy16-62) in the top (leanest)position,470 main. MY buddy had his go-pro camera on and followed me for a while and when he edits the footage I will post a link to it.Thanks in advance to any replies on my question and keep on riding every-body!:cheers:.
    lankydoug and jmetteer like this.
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Sweet. Glad to hear you have it sorted for the most part. I think I remember reading that if you are using the lowest ( leanest) clip position you should change the main one leaner and go back to the middle clip position and re-check. Does that make sence LOL? In other words your current main may be to rich. Hopefully someone will chime in with some help. BTW it is a blast to take a small bike and run with the big bores.
    huskybear likes this.
  11. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    wow .. That bike looks like new ! ... yep, bearings can always use some grease :0 ) Good like with the bikes ...
  12. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Hello every-body, Just posting my latest jetting. I have not tried it on a good ride yet but I think I am going in the right direction.(The bike would load up at idle after a long hard run and had a little excessive spooge at the silencer after riding around at varying speeds but ran good other-wise). I have now put a 460 main,25 pilot,air screw 2turns out, raised the needle to the 2nd position from the top,and am still running the #5 slide. In other words, I have leaned the bottom and the top and richened the in-between a little.My plug was a nice dark brown before theses changes,I am just trying to get it to run as good as I can with-out modifying or changing the carb.(can you say keihin?).Any thoughts on these changes are welcome and I will post the results when I get out and get a good ride in.:cheers:!
  13. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV
    Hey everybody.... Thanks for all of the info on this bike.... I ride a KTM EXC 250 F and pretty much like it... But it's getting older and so am I.... My problem here in Jersey is we need a bike that can be registered to ride in our state forests...KTM has made it impossible to replace that bike with a " Street Legal" version.. I'd have to get a bigger bike then I want I'm 5 ' 8" and weigh 150.. Which brought to looking at this bike... The only reservation I have about going back to a 2 Stroke is are these bikes good in the tight stuff ?? Are they too snappy with the throttle when you just need a little finesse ? And how are these things when you have to climb a hill after coming out of a tight set of woods and find a massive hill to get up ?? I'm a C Senior rider and I ride a hand full of Hare Scrambles a year and the thought of a much light bike has me wanting this new 2012 WR 125.... Any input will help a lot... I'm test riding one next week...
  14. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Mine is great in the the tight stuff and you will be surprised at the hills it will climb,I know I was! Just a little clutch work on some of the steeper technical climbs.The power is totally controllable and snappy when you want it to be.The wr flywheel lets me chug in the tight stuff if I want to and the light weight and handling make you feel like a hero.Once you get the jetting sorted this thing is incredibly fun to ride and will give your riding buds fits.By the way,I am 6'2",200 pounds and It hauls me up and around anything I need it to.Good luck!:cheers:.
  15. justplayin Husqvarna
    AA Class

The bike is awesome. I got it for the same reason you did.......street legal. Although I already had a 2007 TE450 and have had no problems at all with it.
    I raced all the ECEA enduro's from 1994 till 2000 all on a YZ125 in the A light class and absolutely had a blast! I could ride all day and not get beat up. So, anything you can throw at a 125 has been and I had a blast on the little thing. Rode deep sand, rocks, shale, off camber, up hill, down hill.......all of it. Yes, there is a slight learning curve for keeping them in the power with some clutch finess....but that is half the fun and very, very easily learned. Now, don't forget, this 144 is way MORE bike than my old Yz 125's so it's that much more fun. It also handles like a dream right out of the box.
    You WILL have to check your jetting and PV arm before you even ride it. I did the RB mods to my stock Mikuni and have it running great for the South Jersey woods. I would not hesitate at all recomending this bike for enduro/hare scramble/woods riding......You will love it. My carb mods and jetting is in the jetting thread if you want a place to start with. If you have any questions, just ask away and you will get all the answers you need.
    BTW......49 years old, "A" level rider, 5'7" 215lbs.....
  16. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks for the responses guys... I'm pretty sure I'll like this bike from what you guys have said... I'll make sure I have it set up before I ride in South Jersey.. That ain't a place for an unsettled bike... :eek:

Just Playin.....I'm an ECEA member too and I'm gonna enjoy riding it in the Brendan T forest... And hoping to ride the Sahara Sands event again...

Husky Bear that bike of your looks great...
  17. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Congrats and let us know it works for you, I'm sure your going to love it:thumbsup:!
  18. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    WOW...... That's the only way to describe how I felt about that bike... Obviously I didn't take it for a romp in the woods, but I did like the feel and how light this bike is compared to my KTM.. The throttle response was a lot different then I had originally thought it would be like.. I know I'll tweak it to my liking but I'm impressed.. There is no doubt in my mind that I'm gonna buy this bike... I hope to get this bike next week..
  19. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    That's great! keep us posted and welcome to the club:thumbsup:. I think your riding buddies are going to hate you as much as mine hate me! Especially in the tight stuff:lol:!:cheers:.
  20. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    Oh yeah that would be fun.... Most the guys I ride with in the state forest are from the Ocean County Competition Riders club and they are very fast A and B riders... But hey if I can keep them in my sights I'd say that's the goal... My brother is a very fast B rider from the same club and if I can put my front wheel to his real wheel in the tight stuff mission accomplished !!!