1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc "NEW" 2010 WR144

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by huskybear, Mar 24, 2012.

1. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    hello every-one, check out my dual fuel pet-cock install.This will allow you to use the full capacity of the fuel tank and I also removed the gauze screens and the restricting little fuel tubes in the pet-cocks( I run an in-line filter ). I now have the option of using the whole tank or just one side and using the other for a reserve! [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
  2. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Even if you can't stay on their rear wheels you are gonna have a riot trying! Have fun:thumbsup:!
  3. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV
    I like that fuel setup..... Those inline filters are really the best protection you can have... Plus you can always see that you have positive fuel flow.... outstanding idea... I'm gonna copy it in my KTM and my new bike when I get it this week..
  4. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Thanks, make sure that you remove the gauze filters from the pet-cocks and the restrictive plastic fuel tubes inside the gauze filters. The fuel tubes are what the fuel flows through in the "on" position and removing them makes the "on" position drain the tank like the reserve position does but with a pet-cock on each side ,you can leave one turned "off" and use that side for a reserve if you want.(I had the gauze filter on the pet-cock in a kx250 I owned and it got plugged with-out me knowing when I was riding, I found out it was plugged after A WFO run when it seized:eek:. ) The in-line filters are cheap and you can see when they are dirty:thumbsup:
    CelticDude likes this.
  5. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Nice job huskybear
    When I did mine I used a tap/petcock like this as I didnt want to have to find the reserve position and/or remove the guaze filters
    Got fed up tipping the bike over trying to get fuel tap side within a mile of a fuel stop lol
    !CFGWHtQCGk~$(KGrHqJ,!l!E1GC-3wz7BNUDI(UG(!~~_12.jpg
  6. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Thanks, I was going yo use that style fuel tap but the outlet is in a better position on the tap I used. The tap in your picture has the gauze filter on it as well,:cheers:!
  7. justplayin Husqvarna
    AA Class

I like that idea. Maybe I should add it to my fuel mod. This extra tank gets me about 3/4 of a gallon more gas on board. Used this set up racing enduro's and it was enough to make it to those 50+ mile gas stops. I hated the large tanks due to my "on the tank" riding style.

Attached Files:

CelticDude and huskybear like this.
  8. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    my old '94 has double fuel valves
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I did this to my tank last fall. I have only had to take advantage of the right side reserve one time......knock knock knock on wood.
    huskybear likes this.
  10. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    How much gas should that give you?
  11. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I am thinking between1-3 liters?
  12. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just ordered the parts to do the double tap for my '12 WR 125. I'll be doing it just the same as above, but I think I'll run the left side closed to make the switch to reserve easier on the move. For every one's information, a CR fuel valve assembly with o-ring is only $15 at Hall's. The screws, which are just glorified wood screws, are a buck each. I'll pick up fuel line and a T at Home Depot.
    huskybear likes this.
  13. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Ride report! I just got back from 2 days of riding and had a riot! I have my jetting dialed in and am loving this little bike. I climbed a long gnarly hill and had to slow down when I came across another rider that failed to make the climb, I thought that I was buggered as well because I had to slow down but the little wonder-bike tractored right around him and up the rest of the hill with-out any clutch-work! I stopped at the top and there was a couple of other riders there waiting for the guy that I passed. They were surprised that I made it up the hill on the "little" wr.(they were on orange 2t and 4ts), I just laughed and said they don't know what they're missing! I'm lovin' it!:thumbsup:Check out my jetting in the 144 jetting data-base:cheers:.
    typeone likes this.
  14. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hey everyone I finally got my bike today..... I got a 2011 WR 150 left over.... Bob at Central Jersey Cycle found it for me... I'm real happy that I finally got it... I just came back from a quick romp in the woods ... I don't have bark busters or my steering damper on it yet so I rode it a little easy... But man was that thing something else in the whoops .... I'll really have to get used to the throttle response compared to my KTM 250 EXC F... I may lower the seat a little by cutting a section out and replacing the cover because I'm 5' 8" and it's a little tall... But I'm really gonna like this bike...
    huskybear, motocrossmr and lankydoug like this.
  15. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    A 165 kit would make you like it even more!
  16. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:

Thanks.....That will be an option when it's time to replace the top end....:banana:
  17. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    The 144 is no slouch! Let us know how what you think when you go for a ride where you let it all hang out!
    Jersey Woods and huskybear like this.
  18. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Congrats! you are going to love it once you get it dialed, I can't get enough of mine and now my husaberg 450 four-stroke is getting very jealous and not getting any love lately!:cry:
    Jersey Woods likes this.
  19. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:

I'll get it dialed in and break the motor in before I take it down in the state forest.... But then I plan on seeing what I can do with it...

HuskyBear... I'm sure my KTM is gonna be looking for some love too.... I'll ride it.... But not as much as this bike... It feels like a tank compared to my WR
    huskybear likes this.
  20. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    I got to ride it again today for about an hour... I put the bark busters on it and played with the suspension a little.. It really felt great to gas this thing in the whoops and not have to hold on for dear life.. I was really hoping when I bought this bike it would handle like this.. I know I'm just scratching the surface on what this bike can do. I'm looking forward to seeing the real action when I ride this bike with the A and B riders in the forest.. They are fast and good and I hope to have a blast with them. I just need to get a kit from Scotts so I can mount my steering damper before I'll ride a Hare Scramble ... I really like those things a lot.....