1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc "NEW" 2010 WR144

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by huskybear, Mar 24, 2012.

1. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    You will love it even more in the woods, I am still amazed by the handling and the hills it will climb(13-53 gearing). Enjoy yourself and let us know how it goes:thumbsup:!
  2. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    Things will only get better! Try a steering damper mount from BRP. They are a sponsor here for this site plus their mounts are anodized black. Put in discount code 'CF10' for an extra 10% off. Plus free shipping on orders over $100. I have their mounts on my WR along with the plastic bar mount cones which eliminate the rubber mounts. Mike is really helpful and usually gets stuff shipped out fast.
  3. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Another possibility is the Motosportz dampner. I have one on my 09 WR and it works great, easy to install and very easy to adjust.
  4. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Congrats Jersey Woods! They are awesome bikes and I think you gonna really have some fun with it; love the light weight and handling.
  5. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV
    Ride update...... I was able to ride yesterday with my brother and a few friends.... Before we rode I lowered the sag so I could have at least on foot on the ground...{Sucks to be 5' 8" on these bikes} We rode for about 20 miles in a section of woods not far from my house that we made a 2 mile loop that has a lot of things a hare scramble or enduro here in New Jersey has with out the whoops..... {Bummer}.... I got a real good feel for this bike is like... One section is nasty and rutted with tree roots sticking out of the ground and wet from a natural spring... Dam this bike seemed like it just danced across this stuff when I was on the pegs... The rear end just took the brunt of it and never flinched..Then we have a swampy section that just is a pain in the neck what ever you ride there and it survived this with no real big problems.. Another section has some real tight handle bar to handle bar stuff then it opens up and closes again and has some sling shot turns.... This is when I really got to enjoy a light well handing bike... My KTM 250 F will kick my butt in the tight stuff because it is so heavy even with my steering damper backed off... It really wore me out some days.. So far the only so so side was how it was in the deep sand, I had to gas this thing to the hilt to keep it moving......My KTM just excels in this stuff hands down... New Jersey is legendary for sand that can make or break a rider... We have a lot of different versions of it, but either way it can be tough to ride in it... When I was young I hated it with a passion... As I grew older I just accepted the fact this is what we have and we ride it... I'm hoping to get this bike where we have some big sand and mud hills this weekend so I can get a feel of what it does there... I have ridden in places where you wind and twist in the woods and come around a turn and find a huge hill.... KTM never had troubles... I hope I find the right balance with my WR... I'm certain I will.....

On a side note..... I felt like a kid who just a new toy yesterday... Everyone was all over my bike yesterday and asking to ride it... I let most of them ride it but I was limited with time because it was fathers day and I wanted to get home for some party time at my house...So not everyone rode it... But they all loved it...

I have spent a lot of money on a lot of things in my life... Some things were not worth the money spent and others were worth it.... I'm feeling this is one thing I'm real glad I bought....
    Gotlabs and huskybear like this.
  6. RTR Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none yet
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 ktm200 xcw 02 ktm355 exc
    Jersey woods congratulations, the bike sounds like it will be a lot of fun !! How does it turn in the tight trees? I ride S Jersey
    for a couple enduros a year and the tight woods start to wear me down after a few miles , I ride an 07 ktm200 which would seem good
    but I think I was better on my 96 Kdx200 it seemed to turn in the tight 2nd gear stuff better then the Ktm. Have you ridden a ktm200 down there?
    We mostly ride north jersey and it sounds like it would be good up here.
    thanks , and again enjoy ! its always fun with a completely new bike to learn and set up.
  7. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    I havnt ridden a KTM 200 since '01 but I doubt anything will beat the WB165 in the tight stuff. I live around central jersey and race all of the ECEA HS's which of course includes the sand down south. So far the bike has performed great everywhere. I raced a YZ250 last year. The WB165 is much more forgiving when a mistake is made or a line needs to be changed.
  8. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:

I'm hoping if the weather cools down a little to ride down there in South Jersey this weekend.... But in the tight stuff I rode the other day it was a pleasure... It's much narrower then my KTM 250F...... That bike used to beat me up in that tight stuff....

I'm looking forward to Sahara Sands this fall..... The August HS was really brutal because of the heat, dust and that nasty stump field grass track deal.. I know I'll be completely dialed into this bike way before then... After that I may ride Blue Diamond in Delaware too....
  9. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    Blue diamond was sooooooo much fun last year!! So much wide open runs mixed with tight stuff and the amusement park! A real blast!
  10. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:

The amusement park was pretty much a trip wasn't it ?? I never saw anything like it..
  11. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

I LOVED the amusement park section. My little 1-2-5 was screaming!!!
  12. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    How did you guys like that stone hill ??? That was something else.... In one section when we came along a chain link fence, my right bark buster caught it and spun me off my bike..... OUCH that hurt... I had to chalk that one up to just being whooped....
  13. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    Yeah I am definitely looking forward to Blue Diamond this year! I tend to let it hang out a bit more at the last race of the season. Can't wait.
    You doing RORR this weekend? Im going to try a trials tire for the first time so don't look for me a the front!
  14. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'm most likely going to ride some of the NEOC stuff, Sahara Sands and Blue Diamond... If it stays in the 80's I might try and ride a section of woods off Mt. Misery Road with my brother and a few of the OCCR guys...That will really depend on the weather....
  15. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    I have ridden this bike real hard the last few weeks and I have reached a verdict..... This is the best handing bike I can remember ever riding.... Right out of the box this bike handles real well and has a great power band... I rode some stuff this morning that normally wears me out and I felt real good afterwards.. That pop I get out of the throttle that lets me lift the front wheel up a little in the rutted turns is really amazing.. I just gas it a little use my body to twist the bike where I want it to go... Not an option on my KTM.... You can gas and go but the suspension had to take the brunt of it... I also learned how to ride this bike in the sand a little better.. In the deep stuff I just sat way back on the seat and it got moving real nicely... I'm really liking the way I can get real low in turns and gas the hell out of it coming out and have it stick.... Small trees down in the trail ?? My KTM was pretty good at powering over them with no worries at all.... This bike seems to enjoy the suspension and power band it has to just blip over this stuff and make it fun while doing it.... I'm going to start a thread about steering dampers and these bikes to get some opinions on putting one one this bike...
    Gotlabs likes this.
  16. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I was blown away by the handling on mine too,it makes my husaberg feel like a super-tanker! Stuff that used to wear me out is now enjoyable.I now use my husaberg mainly for longer all-day exploration rides and if just trails are planned then it's the wr every time:thumbsup:!
    Jersey Woods likes this.
  17. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Great write up's Jersey Woods and glad you are enjoying the Husky; awesome bikes. I just got my suspension back after a full re-valve with my new tires, EXP, and the WB165 set up on my 08 CR I'm cheating in the woods and LOVING it. Enjoy.
  18. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:

Yep.... That's how it feels to me...
    huskybear likes this.
  19. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    Just another update....... I have ridden this bike about 150 miles so far.... Two weeks in a row I rode in the Brenden T. Byrne Forest in South Jersey...I rode with a bunch of guys (some shocked to see me on a Husky) who ride enduros down there and got a lot of trail miles with them...We really rode in some hard stuff that included the technical uphill and tight turns around trees, really tight twisty stuff through the trees and the brutal deep whoops.... At the end of each section I found myself not lagging behind.. I wasn't holding the group up and I felt real good about it... I did put it hard into a few trees and dropped it a few times... But that's part of riding.... At the end of the day a few of my friends really credited my new bike with allowing me to ride a a much faster pace... I'm not claiming to be a rocket... I'm just saying that I really feel that I can ride a hell of a lot faster then I was riding.. This bike has allowed me to feel free to drop the hammer and let the bike do it's thing.. The suspension, power and the agility really shines on this bike... I can't stress how much less of a beating I'm taking on this bike.... Example.. We rode a 3 mile section that had everything but the kitchen sink thrown at us..At the end I was needing some water but not totally gassed... I can't thank you guys enough for giving your input on this bike before I bought it... This is a real competition bike with out a doubt..And a good one at that...
  20. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I totally agree with you about these bikes and I feel the same way about mine, much more fun and less tiring to ride in the trails than my husaberg 450. These things make you feel like a hero when you ride them! I am glad you are as happy with yours as I am with mine:cheers:!