1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc New 2012 WR300

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Rik Lipscomb, Apr 10, 2012.

1. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    93 kx 125 with a kdx 200 engine.
    It has a Mikuni TMX 38.
  2. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    OOps i meant 400 main
  3. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    It felt like it flatened out on top faster than i thought it should. There was no warning at all. I had rode out a tank of fuel just putting around, and did the usual heat cycles too.I started gradually riding it harder on the second tank.I came out of a third gear sweeper in a field and was standing right out of the turn hit fourth than fifth had to let off of the throttle for just a second because of terain.As i rolled it back on it seized very qiuckly. No compression and had to push my brand new bike home!
  4. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    I meant 400. Not sure where i got 140.:doh: A gay needle is pink DUH.:D
  5. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Wow, pretty crazy! After I rejetted and reset everything in my carb, I just took it out and rode it like normal. I don't really follow any breakin procedure. I've ridden it about a dozen times now and probably put 6 tanks of gas (Cali ethanol premium/Motorex 60 to 1) through it. Did mostly singletrack (25 to 50 mile loops), a little open sand riding, a couple of MX track sessions. It runs really strong all over. I ride mostly between 2000-5000 ft altitude.
  6. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Have you had any problems with the clutch dragging.I have to twist the adjuster alot to get it to stop.There no freeplay in the clutch at all.I use belray trans oil.I noticed you said you were getting a custom clutch cable made in hopes if better clutch prformance.
  7. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Yes, I have the same problem with my clutch. I noticed that when I pull the clutch in, the cable flexes quite a bit all over. I think that the cable housing compresses too much when the lever is pulled, meaning that a lot of the pull is wasted on compressing the housing instead of moving the plates of the clutch. I put a cable with a longitudinally wound housing on the bike just this afternoon. The cable housing doesn't move much at all now. I am going to ride the bike tomorrow and see if it helps the overall performance of the clutch.
  8. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Shorten your stock cable about 3 inches. Zip Ty Racing or Tys Dad Terry at Terry Cable can do it for you.Makes a big difference
  9. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    Three inches? Do you have to route it differently? If that helps with the clutch drag, I'd definitely be interested.
  10. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Is there that much extra?
  11. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250

Let us know how that works and where you got the cable too!
  12. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Went for a nice long loop today. The clutch was not perfect, but noticeably better. It was smoother and actually could be engaged a little ways from the grip, instead of right at it. Now I don't get that creeping effect when I have the clutch pulled in, in tight technical situations. I can have the front brake applied while turning a tricky almost full lock, downhill turn in rocks without having the bike get pushed or stalling. The new cable makes it easier to find neutral too(although that isn't perfect, just better).

The cable is built by MotionPro. You have to call them directly to have it made. They make a standard OEM style of cable for the WRs (listed as a 10-0150), so you have to ask for the Terminator or longitudinally wound housing version. It takes close to two weeks to get the cable after you order it. The cable costs 46.00 plus shipping. It is very heavy duty and thick compared to the stock one. It was a well spent investment for this particular bike. My stock cable is now an emergency spare, although I doubt that I will ever need it.

I'd say "mission accomplished"!:thumbsup:
    PowerKord, wait4me and lankydoug like this.
  13. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I haven't had any issues with my clutch but for no more than that costs it would be cheap insurance. If I decide to replace my cable I'll get one of those.
  14. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Terry Davis AKA Terry Cable is Ty Davis dad of Zip Ty Racing Terry has been making cables for years that is his bussiness. Terry is a racer himself so he uses what he makes and sells.He can either shorten your stock cable or make you a new one.On my wr250 we shorten it like 3 inches on my Wr300 it is even shorter.His shop is in Hesperia calif and I never had to wait more then 1 day for my parts
    Give him a call .Check out his web sight also has he makes all kinds of parts where do you think Ty learned to make parts
  15. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    I would but not sure if i want to send my cable across the country to get it done.Does he have any pre made?
  16. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TXC310, WR300, 85 125WR, 82 175XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
    09 vs 12, what is different about these years. I know the 12 will have KYB forks and shock? But if the frame is diff, by how much & does it handle that much better?
  17. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    11 and 12 model has a new ignition. I heard that the frame had changed slightly for 12. Not sure that it changed the handling any.
  18. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

What part of my statement or He can make you a new one did you miss
  19. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Apparantly all of it. I tend to skip over stuff a little:excuseme:
  20. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class