1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st New CR125 or WR250 for a novice woods rider?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Boosted Josh, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Boosted Josh Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 CR125, '14 TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW S1000RR
    Good deal, thanks for the pic.

Sounds like a plan 40:1 after this first tank

I picked up some redline oil I figured it was a good quality oil.

I run maxima 927 castor oil in my lawn equipment only because I like the smell lol.
    JRod4928 and Chums like this.
  2. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    whats the manual spec say on premix? yup run 40:1 an go from there, i use 50:1 but thats on my 350 did use 82;1 on my 125 kmx but i hated that bike and it wouldnt die... i miss it now its gone tho.
    look after it an should last you a good while.
  3. JRod4928 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165
    I've run Maxima 927 my whole life in all my bikes. Your lawn equipment should run forever if you're using that stuff, lol.
  4. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Your bike should idle, even with the slightly-more-oily break-in premix ratio. Try adjusting the idle screw, but it may also be related to the jetting. I don't know how the 125s come from the factory, but look at the jetting database here (stickied in the 2-stroke forum). I'd say the same thing about the bog, a properly setup 2-stroke should run cleanly through the range. However, I'd get the first tank of gas through it and get the mix ratio right before you go chasing after something.

Note for 2-stroke new guy: Sometimes you get a "burble" or stumble at super light throttle on a 2-stroke, my 300 does it just a tiny hair off idle, like if I'm going down a dirt road at very light throttle. This is normal, and it never happens when you're riding on the trail. It doesn't sound like this is your issue, though.

40:1 is fine. There is a whole thread on here somewhere about premix ratio and what oil to use, lots of opinions. Maxima 927 will treat you fine.