*** New Dates! *** Spring Fling Husky Ride, Stonyford, CA, May 13,14,15

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by WoodsChick, Feb 10, 2011.

1. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    No problem! A day trip would be cool if you live close enough [IMG]
  2. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    I'm 50/50. Lotta stuff goin on with work and stuff.
  3. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    I'm in for Sunday. I work on most Saturdays (sidework) so it would have to be a one day ride for me and my nephew.
    I'm looking forward to it, though. I've never ridden Stony. I've wanted to for the longest time but always end up in the Sierra's.
    It's that whole familiarity thing. This will be the perfect opportunity to finally check out "the mother of all trail systems" according
    to one guy that I talked to. Hopefully everyone won't be too worn out by Sunday to show us around. [IMG]
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Is there a solid/tentative guest list yet? And most importantly are there any available Bikes to be had/borrowed/rented? CC size does not matter but should be full size machine, any brand (125-610) any dealer participation? Dealer demos? . I am thinking of flying into Sacramento, staying nearby, car rental, and show up with gear ready to ride....just like a factory rider.
    not near 100% on this one yet, any PNW crew coming down?? after looking at driving up in time and gas its cheaper and better to fly in. RN,
    keep me informed please PM or email thanx
    truth is ive been holding out for the same idea but further north with the pnw/motosportz/taskys/cafe husky crew.
  5. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Put that sweet TE 310 in the truck early Sunday morning and come ride. We will be there on the '08 510 and 310. I want to see one of those new x-lite 310's in action. I am thinking that Sunday will be a GREAT ride.
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I can pick you up at the airport and take you there if you want. I am tent camping but have extra tents and camp gear.

I only have the one bike though.
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    thanks I am going to pitch this thing on the home front......she of the home is hitting London,Paris,Monte Carlo, Venice, Florence, Rome with her (my stepkids) kids so a 3 day solo pass should be available!!!
  8. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Right on! Looking forward to meeting you, jerbear :) I'm sure we'll have some energy left on Sunday, as we usually do 2-day rides every time we ride the dirtbikes...a by-product of being 3 hours away from everywhere :D

9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    My ride with the Stoneyford cafe crew train has derailed at the moment, upon bad news from upstate NY, My younger sister's Husband had been very ill, but had made great strides on his road to recovery and was doing really well.
    The guy went to sleep the other night and never woke up, late 40s and checked out. These are the stories that keep me living and doing the fun stuff that the "experts" say is dangerous and not smart.
    May need to support the sis and visit Lac Sheldrake NY.....or LI for the tribute ceremony. Stoney is still possible depending on the needs of the sis and the mom and pop (costs/time/emotional needs).
  10. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'm sorry for your loss, Robert. The last 6 months has seen the passing of many friends of mine as well (6 or 7, it's been insane).
  11. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'm sorry to hear that, Robert. Family comes first...always! You're right about living your life as if it's your last day. That's how I do it after the death of a close friend at the young age of 27.
    You and your family are in our thoughts.
  12. Flying Trash Can Sustaining Member

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1100R
    The final details for this trip/ride are starting to come together. I'm going up there early and coming home late and I'll be taking my Tacoma to haul my bike and stuff with me. If any CH member want's to join me they'd be welcome, assuming that our schedules don't conflict.
    WoodsChick likes this.
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Perhaps the owner of that Husqvarna shop in your town? :D
  14. Flying Trash Can Sustaining Member

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1100R
    Give'm a call and ask him. :)
    Coffee likes this.
  15. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cool! When you say early, about what time are you expecting to arrive at Stonyford? I'm going to try to go up Thursday night but it might end up being early Friday morning. I'm thinking I'm going to cancel the group campground since there won't be as many of us as there were going to be before changing the dates. The last day to cancel without having to pay is tomorrow so if anyone has any thoughts one way or the other speak up now! There is plenty of room for us at Davis Flat and it's only $5 per night per vehicle (car, truck, RV, etc...not per bike.)

Pls let me know if/when you're coming, everyone!
  16. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'm gonna try to show up late friday or maybe 1pm Saturday, probably the latter. Maybe stop by Dan's shop on the way ... Hopefully work get in the way.
    I may bring the 610 too since the 310 isn't running very well below 4k rpm. I think the fuel map was done a bit too quickly...
  17. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    The group campground is probably really nice. I've not kept up with who is going, but it may make sense just to cancel...
  18. little_twin Husqvarna
    A Class

I'll be there, but unfortunately Sunday only.
  19. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sounds good to me! We should be warmed up nicely by Sunday [IMG]
  20. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ok, so I cancelled the Gray Pine Group Campground. We will now be staging out of the Davis Flat area, which is just down the road a few hundred yards from the group campground.
    It is just across the bridge on the left [IMG]$5 per auto (truck, car, RV, etc. No additional charge for the 12 bikes on the flatbed [IMG])