*** New Dates! *** Spring Fling Husky Ride, Stonyford, CA, May 13,14,15

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by WoodsChick, Feb 10, 2011.

1. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    We are happy to wait untill the next date. No paticular preference of when. We are close enough to make it whenever.
  2. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    I found out today that I will become unemployed on April 29th, so I'm avoiding any expenses. I did land an interview for a possibly more permanent job in another division, but that's only in the initial stages and may not come through.

So I'm probably out until May. At least for now.
  3. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Right on! Thanks for the quick reply [IMG]

Wait...you're unemployed? Right on! That means you can ride any time you want, right? [IMG] Nah, just kidding you. I'm sorry to hear that, and I wish you luck on your upcoming interview. You better start riding that TE310 every day now...you know, to save on fuel costs and all.

I'd like to hear from the rest of the folks on the "in" list. I will talk to the rangers one more time tomorrow and then I'm going to call it one way or the other.
    Speak now or forever hold your peace! Well, at least til we come up with a new date if necessary [IMG]
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I would pay particular attention to anyone coming from out of the area regarding what date to pick.

Even if the trails are open this weekend, they really won't be open, as you stated.

Based on this thread I don't think there will be enough of a group to warrant the group campground. It would have been uber cool to get the so cal and northwest people there...
  5. EagleOne Husqvarna
    B Class

this looks great but after looking at the map.. its way too far from me here in San Fernando Valley...
  6. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    You're right, it's a ways from you! Maybe you SoCal riders can get a ride together down there sometime? I'd come if I can get the time off. At least the weather will be better [IMG]

When I first posted this ride I was thinking it would be cool for the locals to get together and ride. There are quite a few of us here in NorCal. I never really expected folks to drive in from one or two states away.
  7. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Well, a later date is likely to resolve my motorhome issue, although we do have another mudfest planned at Goldendale/Starvation ridge in 2 weeks so later in April might be better and then I could become 'in' again. I really would like to make this ... but not to ride in the rain, I can do that up here in Oregon.
  8. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

9. Srad600 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '04 TC450 Plated
    Other Motorcycles:
    '96 XR650L SUMO, '11 KTM 990ADV
    [IMG] May just do that depending on how things go. So far the superTech's at trail tech are helping me out...those guys rock.
    In the mean while, I hope somebody gets to ride!
  10. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well, kids, the time has come. This ride is officially postponed :( It just won't be the fun camping experience I envisioned for us all when coming up with the ride idea. We'll look at some future dates and see what the weather is going to do. I've ridden Stonyford all winter before, and I've been snowed out in early June before...Mother Nature is a fickle gal, for sure. Thanks for the interest, everyone, and I hope our future date works out better for everyone :thumbsup:

Even though this ride is officially postponed, Eric and I will probably be riding there this weekend if the trails don't get closed down :)
    Srad600, Daniel508s, SFTE450, Kitty and the EnduroMan, Manic, Coffee, mnb, jerbear, Dan...if any of you locals (or even any of you not-so-locals!) want to come ride with us I will post up a notice Thursday evening here in this thread letting y'all know if the trails are still open. Let's ride! :applause:
    We'll probably be camped in the Fouts Springs Campground that will be just past the deserted Gray Pine Group Campground if any of you folks want to come up.

Yeah, can't say as I blame you, Lonnie. I don't mind riding in the rain, though :D Have fun at Goldendale! I'll work on another date.

That is the coolest thing ever! A total moto weekend sponsored by the town's chamber of commerce! That makes me want to move to Odessa! Seriously, that is some very cool stuff. If I wasn't blowing my last vacation days this weekend we'd haul the bikes up there for it. Have fun if you go :)

Well, like I said, we're riding somewhere this weekend, and not too far away. Probably still riding Stonyford if they don't close it down. Come on out if your bike is working!
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Based on the weather, I am thinking about showing up Saturday afternoon and staying through Monday afternoon.. what are your plans?
  12. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Based on the weather predictions I am fully expecting the trails to be closed by the end of today. We didn't load up yesterday because of this. It wouldn't be the end of the world if they close the trails, as I won't have to pay the 1 night's campground rental that I'd be on the hook for if I cancel. The ranger said the snow level was down to 2500' yesterday and possible creeping lower throughout the night. None of the other locals are interested in going so we might go to Plan B, which is wet supermoto down south...we just don't know yet. We've got all 4 bikes ready to go, we each have all our gear piled up in the living room, dirt and SM...it's just waiting game...[IMG]
  13. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    I'm fine with it being postponed, as it turns out my nephew wasn't going to be able to go this weekend so I would've been
    going solo. I hope that "postponed" doesn't mean cancelled. How about mid April or something in the near future ? Snow should be
    pretty limited by then. Hopefully we can keep this ride alive. Ol' Mother Nature has been quite the bitch lately, where's Father Nature
    when you need him...? [IMG]
  14. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Hmm, I think I unloaded everything from the truck, lemme go check...

[IMG]

It's coming down on us like a freight train here...
  15. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I just called, as far as I can tell they have gotten 1.6", 3/4" in a 3 hour window earlier today.. and it was snowing in the town of Stonyford - but it was not sticking.

She said the snow levels were expected to drop from 2500' to 1500' or 2000'

But the trails are still open..
  16. MotoXotica Husqvarna
    AA Class

17. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeah, of course they're still open...if they close them they have to give me all my money back from the campground reservation [IMG]

I talked to her about noon and she said they had already gotten 1" of rain with no let-up in sight. No thanks! I'm wimping out on this one, folks...sorry!
    Not like there were a ton of riders lined up to follow me around on the trails out there anyway... [IMG]

Eric and I are heading south. We might just hole up at one of the hot springs resorts down in central CA if things get really ugly [IMG]
    I'm willing to bet that there might be an interesting (and muddy) ride report coming soon [IMG]

Have a fun weekend everyone...and try to stay dry!
  18. Daniel508s Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki RMz450, 2013 KTM250sx
    Thats not wimping out. It is a friggin' wet and cold storm! Who would want to camp out in this weather? Plenty of riding and camping trips in the future with much nicer conditions.
    Heck, I think E Street floated away today and should be in LA by tonight..........:excuseme:
  19. HairlessKitty Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '08 TE 250 w/310 kit; '11 TE 630
    Now how is Maddie going to keep us dry :D She's such a cutie
    Nice looking umbrella, I just love mine, its big enough to keep both Olive and I dry will walking to the office in the rain
  20. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cool! That area could use another MX track...[IMG]