1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st New Excel rims?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by letitsnow, Dec 18, 2010.

1. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    PM sent. I read your post just in time. I was about to burn the old Husky to warm my hands up before writing out a check for a KTM... :lol:
  2. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    I try not to get excited about this stuff, but it is tough sometimes. Trying to race the old Husky and getting parts can be tough... Without Motosportz, I'd have lit this bike on fire long ago.

If I need a spoke for a YZ250/kx250/RM250, $3 later I am riding. If I need a spoke for a Husky, it is 'special'. 'Special' doesn't impress me at all! I just want to ride!! Make this shit so that we can get parts! Special doesn't win the damn race - I've hit plenty of stuff at 70 mph on a YZ without wrecking the rim or spoke. Jus sayen...
  3. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    AND MOTOSPORTZ COMES THROUGH AGAIN!!! For even less than the $3 that I pay for jap spokes... :thumbsup:
  4. Bench Racer 117 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR250
    I just had my wheels P/C. It cost me $40 and was back to me in one day.

This is after truing them. Of course I need tires now.

[IMG]
  5. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Looks darn good!

Did they true them or did you?
  6. Bench Racer 117 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR250
    I did. I had never done it before so I just looked up video's on youtube, and learned alot. The front wheel was first. It went well. The rear was all wacky and took awhile to get. The hardest part is getting the up and down to go away. Side to side is easy to get straight.
  7. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    All right you talked me into it. Nothing worse than riding a bike that feels like it is always going over whoops or tracks like a sidewinder. I may go with new rims because the inside was pretty corroded. I might do the hubs as well.
  8. Bench Racer 117 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR250
  9. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yours look good so you convinced me. Just send me a box of bandaids for the hubs. My finger tips get worn down from sanding that I could crack a safe.

Now you need to do your frame in white and your fork tubes in black!
  10. Bench Racer 117 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR250
    I would like to do those things, but suspension work from LTR is next on the list. The shock was done by them, now for the forks when $ persists for it.

If and when I have to tear into the motor, then I'll get the frame painted white. What about a black or red frame? I almost did it here recently, because I was bored, but talked myself out of it since there was no real need to tear the bike down just for paint.

I'm not to worried about the forks being black. I would go the anodizing route with those anyways.

:D
  11. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    My 250 has the red frame but I think after looking at it for a year, I like the white better or possibly black? I had my red frame powder coated and some other ones done, prior. If I even look at it it chips real bad. I would strip it and have a body shop paint it using enamel or base coat clear coat. LTR did a great job on my forks, big difference!
  12. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    My frame is going to be black...