New GasGas U.S. Enduro Importer Press Release

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by oregon_rider, Aug 7, 2010.

1. twowheels Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    hoping for a WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    18 Beta 125RR; 16 TM 144/300
    If it was a trials bike I can understand the bruising, but really ... 2002 was so 8 years ago (recent by WR timing perhaps :D) ...

The limiting issues on perimeter frames are well known - fuel tank capacity and steering lock to name two, but I'd take the geometry and stiffness of my GasGas frame over either the steel or aluminum frames in my recent Yamaha past.
  2. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    I love my husky's as much as anyone but...it looks like a Honda your sitting on ??

your kidding right ??? :busted:
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

WOW guys my son and I just put together and rode my new 2010 GG 300 and they are SWEEEET! WE both love it and he's a lot harder to please than me. Awesome bike.
  4. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Vinduro
    So why do you think you need a bike other than the Husqvarna ? Just wondering.

You are taking my comment out of context don't you think ? My comment was in response to his thinking that because the 250 Husky hasn't a new frame. I also have a few other bikes other than Husqvarna but I don't down talk Husky and up talk them here.
    Dwight

Originally Posted by fletchman45
    "Wow!! That thing looks like a work of art!! I'm a die hard husky guy (I have had gassers to) and this weekend swwapped for a while and rode a 250 GAS GAS. Liked it. With Husky not putting a 250 or 300 engine in the new frame I qam not sure what I will ride next year. I do like the power of a 250! For now the 144 will do. "

"The Gas Gas hasn't changed frames in years. The Husqvarna frame works. So why do you think you need a bike other than the Husqvarna ? Just wondering."
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Why stir up stuff? Hey we all like Husky thats why we own them and spend time on this site. It's pretty clear you don't like Gas Gas, we get it.
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Sure would be nice to test ride one of the new gas gas bikes, perhaps someday. :)
  7. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If you are ever in VA you are more than welcome to ride mine.
  8. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Stir up stuff ???? I was responding to an out of context quote.
  9. Brian Husqvarna
    AA Class

I would as well.

I have an 06 you can try sometime. I'd like to try a Husky some day. :D
  10. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    I guess I was quick to poke a bit of fun at your frame comment....and I admit your right... I did take it out of context

I do appologize Dwight....:)
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Sounds like a plan. :)
  12. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

:thumbsup:
  13. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    These bikes seem to be liked by many here ... I don't think I have even seen one unless it was sitting in a garage for sale many years ago ...
  14. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    John, let's go ride one weekend
  15. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The problem to me is when I ride a new framed 144 or 125 then jump on an 09 300 or 250 Husky I myself feel it does not handle NEARLY as good as the 125 frame and it feels dated. I am a pretty fast A rider so I may be fussier then the average guy. To me the 05 and up Gas Gas frame(Handling,ergos,etc..) feels better then the current generation 250 and 300 Husky. I can FOR SURE ride a Husky 144 faster then the old framed 250 or 300. So if they DO NOT update to the new frame, and if I want a 250 2-stroke I will be forced to be a trader and jump on a Gasser. I have alot to think about to make this decision!! For the record the new husky frame (125,150) feels and handles like a lazer, it turns well, is stable, sitting to standing is WAY more comfortable then the old framed 250 or 300. Try one, I think you will agree.
  16. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Sure, It maybe better but it can't be that much better. There was nothing really wrong with old frame. Most of it is rider anyway. There is no magic. Did you ever think that the reason you like the 150 / 125 frame is because the bike is acutally lighter ? I truely dislike perimeter frames. They are harsh and unforgiving. Also hard to work on. You also have a hard time finding a decent size fuel tank. Now if you are a SXer and feel you need the extra rigidity that wears so much on the offroad racer then a perimeter frame may be for you. It just isn't right for most. Only thing worse than a chromemoly perimeter frame is an aluminum perimeter frame. If you want a Gas Gas then by all means go for it. I am looking at Husqvarna for their standard single backbone type frame. KTM has a decent frame although it a bit twitchy due to the geometry. The only thing that I like better about a KTM is the non linkage rear shock which works pretty good once you know the trick. I like the stability of the Husqvarna frame. The linkage shock is easier for most to get to work right. Otherwise everyone would have a non linkage shock. As for dated frames , I can ride my 1982 model XC250 twinshock as fast as I can a modern linkage single shock. It just plain works well. Very stable also. Like I said it is mostly rider anyway. Change isn't always good. I have seen many times when a manufacturer makes a change that they later regret or when the customer actually likes the older bike better. Remember when McGrath was racing for Honda ? He was using the 1993 frame until they forced him to ride the aluminum frame. He quit. It was that bad. Infact it was years before Honda even got the aluminum perimeter frame to work good enough to win championships on. I too liked the handling of the Gas Gas (geometry) but the frame is why I personally quit riding them.
  17. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have only had one quick ride on a Gasgas but they do have a very good reputation for handling. Nobody seems to complain about that. And there is a very nice large Clark tank available. Much better then the fat IMS for the 250/300. If I was wanting a 250 or 300 I would give one a look. I think I am too tall to make one fit though but for a shorter rider one might be perfect. If looking for a small bore then I don't think there is any reason to look further then Husqvarna.
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I feel the new generation husky frame is a good step forward from the one used on the WR250/300. I like how my WR125/144 handles in comparison to the good handling 08 GG300 i rode. Part of that has to do with weight and power. Power makes bikes handle worse / push the front ends / more inertia to move.
  19. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    True about the first alum frames..but like all first examples of the advanced...they tend to be beaten by time honored examples of the past...but only for so long

But aluminum frames now are the standard.....and they work well in all types of riding...your correct in suggesting frustrations on the aspect of service..it could be argued why the japs are so bent on using aluminum... some suggest its a supply issue( ie they have to buy steel from us and tool it and send it back to us) so aluminum is cheaper...and using it has to be perimeter design....and we all know there is no REAL weight savings as KTM have proved that wrong time and time again

we all know the euro's love C M steel...and they make lovely frames too...and much more compact....with better access

if you see the new gas gas frame(and I am hoping dave husky dude can link us these pics)...you might be impressed....it does have a U shaped backbone that is impossible to see......the upper spar B Tubes only support the steering head and allow flex...as the load from the rear shock is islolated through the backbone to the lower cradle

its really a different design and addresses the type of concerns(too rigid) you rightfully have been expressing

Hey Dave can we get that link posted so we can see it.....or at least the bare frame pic :)
  20. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hey Rob578 where in VA are you?