New Husqvarna being announced today!

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ScottyR, Jan 20, 2012.

1. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    That whole show is begining to like like a Gag-Fest.
  2. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

By not being street legal they are missing any possible sales. That is a collector only bike.
  3. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wheels: 19-inch front, 17-inch rear with intermediate-knobby tires?? What exactly is this bike marketed towards??

Was hoping for something new & exciting. Guess my idea of new & exciting is quite different from theirs.
  4. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Be able to buy all kinds of Non-DOT tires currently sold for KTM & KX 100/105's and all the large wheel mini mx'rs and trail bikes.
    Not sure what DOT tires will fit that size......
  5. Trailridernut Husqvarna
    A Class

Much agreed... leave my tire options alone!! 18/21!! I hate when you wind up using only one tire option... tires are VERY important to me.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    WTF, i guess you are right. Then I have no idea other then to gravel road explore. Weird.

- Husky web site says "dual sport" and...

The Baja will continue the trek well after the pavement ends.

But sure is not outfitted for street as shown.

http://husqvarna-motorcyclesna.com/news-detail.php?id=82&y=2012
  7. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Wow. A street bike with off road flair. Really. I'll stick with my TXC 250 for single track/Hard enduro work and an XR650 for wide open, "Baja" work....

Oh, and if a 250 is not enough power, then buy a bigger bike.....if not, ride it like a One, Two, Five and have fun
  8. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    It has LEDs for the headlight and a back of seat brake light. I didn't see turn signals, though.

The engine is a 650 thumper, so it's not supposed to be an ultra light 250.
  9. 7point62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Kawasaki TR250
    Well, where do I start? :lol:

I know that heroin was pretty big in Berlin in the 70's. It looks like it's finally hit Munich and the BMW HQ.

They're calling it a concept, and hopefully that's what it is - that's the only explanation I can come up with for the lack of a licence plate hanger. The wheel sizes have "road bias" written all over them too, so I think it's a retro enduro town bike styling exercise - much like my TR250. That seat has to go though - it's a disaster. I wonder if the LED headlight will make it to production...

:lol:

I like this Kawi (apart from those terrible pipes). Is it the 650 / 800 bevel cam drive motor? I'm surprised that manufacturers have been so late to the party with the street tracker theme. Finances, I guess.
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Somebody wake me up when Husky builds a new 2-stroke. BTW I don't like this retro bike; it looks like it weighs a ton!
  11. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    It looks new, not modern.
  12. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think its great both the US Marine Corps and Husky are now openly gay.
  13. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Looking for my next Husky......
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Africa Twin, 2013 TE310
    Is it me or do both those bikes from page one look like they're trying to take a bite out of the Triumph Scrambler market?! :excuseme:
  14. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I HATE PERIMETER FRAMES ! You're right what in the hell are they thinking. I don't mind a vintage look but that doesn't even come close to looking vintage. Makes no sense.
  15. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Now this looks OK. Could be better but still OK.
  16. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

How about a nice air cooled two stroke instead ?
    john01 likes this.
  17. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

All I can say is it is a bit of "Itallian Passion" meets the "Teutonic Terror"!

Not at all like Peanut buter and Jelly. More like replacing the bannana in a gorgeous banana split with a big dill pickle. close but why mess with it.
    HuskyT and 7point62 like this.
  18. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    that bike is just plain poo! what a waste of $. ive got a ground breaking concept vehicle husky could build a hellava lot cheapa than that steve mcqueen fence jumper that would actually sell and take some sales away from pumpkin land-a new up to date fricken 250/300 2 stroke(emphasis on 'up to date'-hello hydro/6 speed etc.) honestly someone should get the arse for that effort, BMVARNA really have got their heads jammed fair up their own fat rats clackers havnt they! p.s. no disrespect to old mate steve but you know he wouldnt have made it over that fence on that puss bucket! p.p.s. i reckon the Fonz would buy that bike just for the mirrors on the tank! ehhhh
  19. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Looks like they took a 82 red tank, stuck an m80 in it to blow it up and slapped it on a bmw.

I am a little fuzzy on the direction things are heading.

What's wrong with finding out what the customers want, then the concept of: Build it and they will come!

If they think some baby boomer is attracted to that retro concept, think again!

Husqvarna: Ask your buyers what we want new lighter frames, lighter engines, more power, slanted weight transfer engines,good suspension, and stop sticking the lets's make a deal on outdated parts.
    john01, rasputin and Ruffus like this.
  20. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    i vote you dartyppyt for president of BMVARNA
    john01 likes this.