New Husqvarna being announced today!

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ScottyR, Jan 20, 2012.

1. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Design from scratch is expensive and take a lot of time.
  2. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

My idea of a concept Husky 'Baja' This is from the '11 Baja 1000.

baja1k2011.jpg
    Fast1 and mnb like this.
  3. Norcalslowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok

I like it.. I'd ride that for sure. Of course....I like the Kawi retro bike above, Studebakers, 59 Chevy El Caminos, Hudson Hornets and old Dodge Power Wagons...so maybe I'm not the best judge of current design.

Is it a lightweight dirt bike? No. Is the name lame, since it can't be used to race Baja? Yes.

I see it as a do it all (KLR/DR650 etc) kind of ride with some retro styling.

The weight will be the big factor as to what type of riding will be it's forte.

Looks like it'd be a great city bike that can also do fire trails/mild offroading adv type stuff, while still having some euro non Honkawzukyamaha styling.

If I was in the market for something like this, I'd give it a look....and then buy a used 610/630...cuz I'm cheap :)

Cheers
    ozzie likes this.
  4. ozzie Husqvarna
    AA Class

The more I look at it the more it grows on me

Kel
  5. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    I like it and I give Husky credit....its cool !!!

its not in any way shape or form meant to be a competition bike...its "retro cosmo" street fighter with all the Husky nostalgia built in

I could see myself ripping around on that
  6. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Some good folks here suggested it's going to be this kind of a street fighter....[IMG]
    :lol: right?, I know I don't care, I think it's cool too
  7. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

So, after a lot of testing the water in the US with the 610 and 630 (which didn´t sell at all well), Husqvarna have now decided that this is what the US market really wants. And so the 630 etc. will now only be sold in Europe, NZ and Australia. Just goes to show how genetically different we´ve become over the years.
  8. ozzie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes, you Americans are different:lol: But for some strange reason I keep hanging around here??????
    shawbagga likes this.
  9. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Looking for my next Husky......
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Africa Twin, 2013 TE310
    They are certainly going after this look for the new bike.

I believe this new bike is more intended to reintroduce "Husqvarna" as a brand more than cater toward the crowd they already have. Maybe I'm wrong but it's more marketing at work than evolution in design. They need a bike for people to remember the brand and nothing is a better foot in the door than Steve McQueen and a bike he rode. With this in mind then a 650 X-Challenge rehash is the engine and bike to use, the engines bullet proof reliable and has a very user friendly power-band. I think it could work if they get a better dealer/larger dealer network.

I think this is the beginning of a reintroduction of Husqvarna as a brand to the consumer as well as giving them a way to expand into the road bikes sector. :excuseme:

I like it......but I will need to see one in person to really be able to tell.
    Troy F Collins and Vinduro like this.
  10. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125

I think your right on the money....

we keep saying how we need new this and that....and it will come....eventually a new 250 2T for example

but for long term we need to think of stability...a base if you will....this will take time to develop the concepts that will build a foundation for the brand..this needs to be done the "Big H gunsight logo" has tremendous marquis value....I feel there is lot at stake here and BMW knows this for sure....

long term you need to be strong...that means cultivating additional markets IMO

I just hope the management doesnt forget the core market that Husky created for itself in the first place.... as Robertaccio pointed out