New Husqvarna Website - 'Courage not included'.

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Ex HVUK, May 23, 2010.

1. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Yep you're right - originally it was set for 19th on launch of the site then the press launch got moved back a week so the counter was reset!

Honest I can count... :-)

Dave
  2. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

What do you think the "i" stands for in TEi250?

[IMG]
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Intriguing
    Interesting
    Intellect
    Innovation

:confused:

A better question might be what does 'QC' stand for on the courage not included website?
  4. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    QC is quality control, and if you have it, you won't need as much courage....;)
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Injected is my guess but why put it on the 250 and not the others..I don't know.
  6. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    When you check out some sites that have reviewed the bike they mention the improved tank and fuel delivery with the improved pump......so I'm guessing they mean "improved", or maybe "increased".
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    The 'i' designation of the bike, and the reference to 'QC' on the courage not included site, is a mystery to me. Perhaps in about 12 hours we will find out, or not, I really do not know what is going on exactly.

When that clock counts down to zero, it will be Sunday morning in Italy, I am sure about that. :)
  8. petem Husqvarna
    A Class

Yes, about 1 second past midnight on Sunday morning in fact! Strange time for a press launch...

Thinking about it, I'm seeing just over 3 hours to go right now - did you mean were you seeing 12 hours to go?

Either way, how does it tie in with the dates in the image in the earlier post (i.e. 27/29 July) which according to my extensive calculations isn't tomorrow? Is "Courage Day" due to happen before the press launch?

I'm so confused. :confused:
  9. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ummmm.... you fine people in the UK/EU see about 11 hours from this post, right? I am assuming everyone is seeing the same number of hours left regardless of what timezone they are in.

If that is the case, the countdown will be 0 at 8am GMT, right?
  10. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

Countdown will be at 0 at midnight (Sat night) in UK .
    This will be 1am Sunday morning in Italy ??? (25th July) .
    I also cant see how this ties in with 27th > 29 th ???

Seems a waste of time and money to me !
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    How many hours left on the clock in this link at this time in the uk?
    http://www.couragenotincluded.com/
  12. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    :lol:

QC is Quotient of Courage. It's the last line of the intro. Don't hit the skip button next time. :D
  13. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

At 21.40 , There is 2 Hours and 20 mins left . Hence Midnight .
  14. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    :lol:

You are correct, I did skip the intro, I am impatient :p

One mystery solved!

That is beyond bizarre. How did they (accurately) detect the IP/location of people? For instance AOL users need to go through a proxy, although it is usually within a few time zones.

Perhaps I should use a proxy from Austraila, it is already past midnight there, and see what all the fuss is about. Anyone from Austraila see anything? :)
  15. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    You can trick the clock by changing the time and date settings on your computer. I just changed mine to GMT+12:00 and the clock is now zeroed out but I don't see anything new.
  16. petem Husqvarna
    A Class

I'd guess that whatever they're going to do it will actually be triggered by uploading new pages or setting a flag to enable pages that are already up there, so that nobody can get to see it before the right time then we all see it at once. At least that's what I'd do, specifically because otherwise you are going to get people fiddling their date/time or proxy settings to see it before they should! I can't see any point in rolling out to different regions at different times, so I'd guess that whatever's happening with the differences in the countdown it might not be intentional.

Then again, what do I know? At least they've finally got us talking about the site again. :lol:

(Showing 56 minutes now)
  17. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    :doh:

Well ok, that is an interesting way of doing it. Thanks for that :thumbsup:
    We may be talking about the site, but not really in a complementary way. More of a 'scratching heads/huh?' type way.

At least I find it bizarre. :confused:
  18. petem Husqvarna
    A Class

Yup, that's pretty much why I found it funny, in an ironic kinda way!

Still, it might just be a very clever (?) marketing ploy based on the "all publicity is good publicity" way of thinking. Make it so confusing that everyone's discussing it, even if they're only saying how odd it is.

Or maybe it's designed to filter out those of limited thinking power so that the Husky becomes the motorcycle of the intelligentsia? Trouble is, it looks like we're all limited as nobody seems to understand it.

Still, only 32 minutes to go now...
  19. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I think the whole thing is silly. I've never seen so much "hoop-la" over new bikes. :confused:
  20. petem Husqvarna
    A Class

To be honest I lost interest ages ago - it's now just mild curiosity to see how they handle it as much as anything else. I'm half expecting nothing at all to happen on the "Courage" site.