New Jersey Central Cycles Terra Owner

Discussion in 'TR650' started by nycrider, Jun 28, 2017.

1. nycrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Dorsoduro 750, Suzuki DR650
    Hello fellow Husqvarians. Is there the owner of the TR650 Terra that's at New Jersey Central Cycles on this website?

I used to own a Strada, but due to some unfortunate events, I don't anymore. They say you don't know what you're missing until it's gone and recently I've been planning my first long trip and would like a bike that could handle such distances. Currently I own an Aprilia Dorsoduro which looks cool, but is a total gas guzzler with a tiny tank (50 miles/tank pure city (23mpg), 95 miles/tank pure highway (~45 mpg).)

I'd like some first hand experiences from the owner if possible, as these bikes do have some issues.

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. MadDogTR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes, many.
    There are a ton of other people here with "first hand experiences", also. Why limit yourself?
    nycrider likes this.
  3. hasenpfeffer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Nycrider owned a beautiful Strada that was stolen, and is well aware of TRs in general. It sounds like he would benefit most from learning about this particular bike's history.
    nycrider likes this.
  4. MadDogTR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes, many.

Reading in the morning is not one of my strong points. Now that I re-read it, I do believe you are correct.
    nycrider likes this.
  5. nycrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeah, I would just like some input from the past owner about his specific bike, the dealer is just going to try to sell me the bike regardless and I do not want to be dealing with any stalling etc. Maybe the recall work was done on it, maybe not, I'll have to check it out on my own this weekend.
    MadDogTR likes this.
  6. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE
    I know with cars I have owned that when a recall is performed, a recall sticker is stuck inside the drivers door so that in the future any potential owner can see if a recall was performed. I believe that these stickers would normally be stuck on the subframe somewhere under the seat on a motorcycle. Have recalled TR650s been stickered like this?
    nycrider likes this.
  7. nycrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    I checked out a "used" Strada that had the recall work done recently. The bike only has slightly less than 300 miles on clock, it seems to run good when riding, for the 2 miles that I've done, which is probably not enough to come to a conclusion. What worried me is that it did not start after a first crank (maybe the battery was drained as the bike has not been used much), but started after 3rd or 4th crank. It then did not idle very well, I think it was dipping below 1500 at times and sounded like it came close to stalling. Damn tough call, basically a brand new bike with side racks and hard cases for 5k, but I do not want to deal with any issues that I cannot fix on my own.